Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Some people seem so ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyWings
    I don't fear them....that only adds to their power. As much attention as they get -- Fred Phelps, for example -- their numbers are fewer than most of us think, and they are slowly being shoved back under their rocks. Bikers aren't usually known as political activists, but look how many are coming together to shut down Phelps! And they're being supported by lots of people who normally would think bikers are scum.

The more noise they make, the more people come together to drown out their message with laughter and common sense. When even other Christians ridicule them, you know we're getting somewhere.
    Under estimating your enemy is the fastest way in recorded history to lose a war.

Methinks the reverse is actually true....THEY are underestimating US. They'll only be as much of a threat as we (meaning society as a whole) allow them to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Shadowsoul
    Under estimating your enemy is the fastest way in recorded history to lose a war.

Overestimating them is the second fastest way.
    What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Billy
    Overestimating them is the second fastest way.
    Also true.

Leading a land army into Asia is the third way....

Quote Originally Posted by Cain
    Leading a land army into Asia is the third way....
    Hush.
    What can we do to help you stop screaming?

No Caine, the third way is attacking Russia in the fall with Summer equiped soilders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldric_Dragonsblood
    No Caine, the third way is attacking Russia in the fall with Summer equiped soilders.
    I'm pretty sure that was number 4.....

Naw it's 3....

How many times has a Russian Winter Attack failed? (I can count three off the top of my head. Crimean War, Neopolian, and WWII.)

How many times has anyone lead a land army into Asia...period? (I can only think of two...Macedonians and Romans)

True...you forgot when Sweden invaded though. I think that was the 30 Years War. Back then, they were a superpower, highly trained military force etc...got humbled again by the Russian winter.

I'm pretty sure the Japanese were roughed up in China too, so you may want to add that to the list.

Wasn't this based on something Lord Mountbatten said? Should be able to find the quote somewhere....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast