Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What DVDs are We Watching?

What DVDs are We Watching?

I work nights, and when I get ready to get into bed there are usually just ads for the Oreck Vaccuum, and well, I already bought one, so most nights I watch a DVD to relax. Sometimes I end up taking several nights to watch a movie, because I'll fall asleep partway through. I'm always looking for different things to watch, and I thought this might be a good way to find some new and different things to watch. Comments about what you've seen are helpful, but not necessary.

Right now I'm watching Dark Angel, Season 1 Set

I enjoyed the series when it was originally broadcast, but watching it now, several years later, I'm impressed by the quality. I remember that I stopped watching partway through season 2 because the storyline got wacky, so I'm not sure if I'll buy that set.

I am the religious right. Just not the religion most people expect.

Contrary to popular belief, Hello Kitty is not my totem animal.

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    Become the change you wish to see in the world.
    The Cellar

I have all three seasons of MillenniuM on dvd. I watch it religiously. If you want to see a criminal profiling sort of thing (that influenced those csi and profiler shows somewhat), mixed with apocolyptic elements and / or weird religious and ritualistic crimes, as well as a huge conspiracy that starts up later in the show, you'd like it.

Plus it has Lance Henrikesen (yay!) and Terry O'Quinn (from Lost). Wooo!!

I enjoyed that show as well, but not to the level of wanting to spend money on it. I was always surprised that they didn't make more of a crossover with X-Files, especially given Agent Scully's Tattoo, in the X-Files episode "Never Again."

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    The Cellar

Father Ted series 1 - Don't know if it ever made it beyond the UK but it is side-splittingly funny imho.
    A hug is a great gift - one size fits all and its easy to exchange
    http://littlerunningbear.deviantart.com/

My GF brought over this really cool series on DVD and we've been watching it between trips to the PC to see what's going on in here. It's called "the 4400". It's all about these people who disapeared between the 40's to the present day. Then one day they all reappear in the same place, all 4400 of them. They haven't aged at all and some of them came back possessing weird new abilities.

It's really interesting if you're into the alien abductions thing.

Recommended by Jack and Temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf
    I enjoyed that show as well, but not to the level of wanting to spend money on it. I was always surprised that they didn't make more of a crossover with X-Files, especially given Agent Scully's Tattoo, in the X-Files episode "Never Again."
    Well,for me, MillenniuM was and still is my favourite show. But I know not everyone thinks so! But they did have that one episode in season seven (I believe) titled Millennium, which featured Lance Henriksen and wrapped up Millennium a bit more than the season III finale did. But there were still a ton of open endings. Which makes me wish they had a fourth season, if only to asnwer some of those really open ended story lines and situations.

A History of Violence

I was interested in this when I saw the ads, but at that time did not realize that this was a David Cronenberg film.

Ooh, yeah, baby.

Great performances from all the actors, but Ed Harris is just chilling.

The Cellar

is offline Deitus Domesticus(feral tendencies)
    I was watching the Six Feet Under series on DVD, but I have to wait till the end of the month for the last one to be released. I will have to actually PAY to rent this one because the library wont get it till the summer. I really enjoyed that and will miss the charcters when its all over.

Last night we watched Prime with Uma Thurman and Meryl Streep, which was a huge disappointment, I didnt even watch the end. There have been a lot of disappointing movies this past year.

"There are more things in heaven and earth...than are dreamt of in your philosophy" ~William Shakespeare, Hamlet

"Nothing in education is so astonishing as the amount of ignorance it accumulates in the form of inert facts."
    --Henry Brooks Adams 1838-1918--

Noir. I got the boxset a few weeks ago. Right now its my favorite anime.

-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

The Island.
    May there be a miracle in your life today & may you have the eyes to see it.

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast