Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: What DVDs are We Watching?

is offline The PG-13-safe Title holder - WooHoo!!
    ....a thousand angels dance around you....
    Seven Samarai
    "If there's a Heaven up above I know
    she's teaching angels how to love"
    ~ R. Kelly....and me
    Love you, mom....

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." --- Aristotle

"Friendship is the beginning of love; love is the beginning of life."
    ~Source Unknown

"And our scars remind us, that the past is real, I tear my heart open....just to feel..." ~ Papa Roach

"Yeah, I think I'll have more luck with the girl if I'm drunk, cause a drunk me is like a sober you"
    ~ one of my co-workers

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/cheshireeyes

"*shakes head* Without CE there would be no reason to drop by MW!" ~~~ lowlinora
    http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost....&postcount=114

I had Battlestar Galatica season one on my Netflix list and they sent me disk two first for some Netflixy reason.

I also have received a horror film 'Black Christmas.' Sounds like good times.

Cannibal! The Musical.

I had never heard of it until the netflix recommender brought it to my attention. It's a pre-South Park project by Trey Parker and Matt Stone. There are some hints of South Park in the movie ... a musical phrase that you'll recognize, and I heard the voice that would be Cartman in one of the scenes (at the trading post). There's also a character that wears Kyle's earflap hat.

It was ... interesting.

I am the religious right. Just not the religion most people expect.

Contrary to popular belief, Hello Kitty is not my totem animal.

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    Become the change you wish to see in the world.
    The Cellar

The Lord of the Rings: The Return Of The King. Already watched the other two parts. Hot day. Nothing better to do than watch movies, cool off in the pool.

This was the first weekend in a long while that I've had time just to sit and watch movies, so I crammed a lot in:

Kinsey - There's a lot more that they didn't say about his research methodology, but overall I thought it was an interesting biopic.

Red Lion - I forgot about the samurai movie rule where everybody dies at the end.

Brave New World - I sincerely hope this was made for TV, because the production values were pretty lame. Bonus for it staying to the storyline, though

Hero - Visually beautiful, but there are parts of the story that just don't hang together right for me.

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    The Cellar

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeDryad
    I had Battlestar Galatica season one on my Netflix list and they sent me disk two first for some Netflixy reason.
    WD, I got a disc two from Netflix this past week too, but not even a show, just the trailer, director talk, and extra footage. :argh: Gotta love Battlestar Galactica, the "wagon train of outer-space", hehe.

I watched Catch-22 today, one of the best lines is where the general tells the dysfunctional Yossarian "I'd like to know who promoted you to major", and he replies "You did." There's alot of famous actors (and Art Garfunkel) in their younger years in that one.

Firewall - Harrison Ford as a bank computer security expert whose family is kidnapped by badguys and they force him to break the security, etc. etc. etc.

Lame. Don't waste the time.

The Cellar

Sitting in a corner thinking about what I have done
    Lets see.....last week I watched:
    Sahara
    Happy Endings
    Spanglish
    In Good Company
    Little Black Book
    In Her Shoes
    You have the right to remain silent....Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thank You Sennefer!

"To me, photography is an art of observation.
    It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place...
    I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliot Erwitt

Once you have seen someones true colors,
    you can never paint over them. ~CLR~

Howl's Moving Castle
    Oz, Season Six
    Fantastic Four
    Bewitched
    Dark Water

The Cellar

"Libertine"

...with Johnny Depp!!! and John Malkovich. I am totally biased and worship Johnny Depp so don't expect an objective viewpoint...
    Based on the life of Sir John Wilmot, a poet and rake during the reign of Charles II. Hey, this guy was a 17th-century Lenny Bruce... never heard so many variations of sexual terms, both descriptive and derogatory, in my life! not a lot of nudity, but generous views of boobs. (can we say boobs?)

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast