Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: The Other 9/11.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    115
    Hmm, this makes me wonder how Juno works for the male psyche (as it's pretty obvious how it is supposed to play out for women). I do remember many people upset about the injustices to women in Middle Eastern culture (burkas, not allowed to leave the house, etc.) and how "they" used that to get a lot of people on the side of war. There's a whole other side to it in that that's not how it is in all of the Middle East by any means, but I did date a Muslim male for two years (from the UK) and there was an accepted attitude of unequality or disrespect for women in his family and it did rub off on him somewhat, even though they were by NO means fundamentalist. Of course, this goes on in all over the world (all races, cultures, creeds), whether or not it's overt, and I'm in no way saying all Muslims feel this way. I can sort of see how Juno might be on the side of women's rights here, or at least using that against us......what about other wars? I'm thinking of Hitler's love life? Does Juno show itself in some kind of way in these wars (like protecting women or something)? It's one thing that gets people pretty riled up. Maybe some peoples' love of war or violence?

    "Because Juno is where we deal with our inferiority / superiority complexes"

    http://www.lunarplanner.com/asteroids.html#Juno

    Didn't WWII have something to do with women being more accepted in the workplace?


    Just wondering out loud. This is fascinating stuff, monk.
    Last edited by 2wicky; March 29th, 2006 at 09:40 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,359

    Some Juno Info.

    Juno and Hurricanes:
    http://www.circlesoflight.com/wolfstar/05-09-05.html

    The tiny asteroid Juno, sometimes referred to as the Storm Goddess, plays a surprisingly huge role in the astrology of hurricanes. More often than not, Juno and Uranus are forming very tight aspects to each other. During the Galveston Hurricane (September 6, 1900), when the greatest number of lives were lost, Juno and Uranus were exactly trine to each other. Katrina (Juno square Uranus), Andrew (Juno inconjunct Uranus), and Camille (Juno square Uranus) all fit the pattern. For forecasters, Juno-Uranus combinations can be used as the timer after the larger planets have moved into position.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Hi all,

    My one big complaint about astrology is that I have to deal with the Greek/Roman Patheon as archetypes and I have never liked them much. So when I think of Neptune, I do not imagine the bearded guy with a three pronged fork, rather I hold the pure Neptunian energy, in my mind. I experience Neptune energy as blue and it is watery, foggy, beautiful and visionary and spiritual; if any gender, Neptune is feminine in my mind.

    Hera/Juno as the archetype of the wife, the unhappy wife, the Queen, doesn't work for me. Rather I sense that Juno energy in astrology is more like Kali energy. Kali is the aspect of the Goddess that is out to handle the big issues. She is sick of child abuse. She is sick of authoritarism. She is sick of oppression and is out to bring down the military industrial complex. That sort of thing.

    Kali energy isn't personal or intimate. Kali works at the level of countries and governments and the rise and fall of civilizations. I think Juno energy may work on those levels too.

    RedRose

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wicky
    Hmm, this makes me wonder how Juno works for the male psyche (as it's pretty obvious how it is supposed to play out for women). I do remember many people upset about the injustices to women in Middle Eastern culture (burkas, not allowed to leave the house, etc.) and how "they" used that to get a lot of people on the side of war. There's a whole other side to it in that that's not how it is in all of the Middle East by any means, but I did date a Muslim male for two years (from the UK) and there was an accepted attitude of unequality or disrespect for women in his family and it did rub off on him somewhat, even though they were by NO means fundamentalist. Of course, this goes on in all over the world (all races, cultures, creeds), whether or not it's overt, and I'm in no way saying all Muslims feel this way. I can sort of see how Juno might be on the side of women's rights here, or at least using that against us......what about other wars? I'm thinking of Hitler's love life? Does Juno show itself in some kind of way in these wars (like protecting women or something)? It's one thing that gets people pretty riled up. Maybe some peoples' love of war or violence?
    This is a very good point. I remember listening to a Muslim professor talking about Islam. She was from Iran, and presented some very good arguments saying that although she accepted that many Arabic cultures were sexist, we couldn't blame Islam for that. She said when she wore Western clothing (at a time when this was very common in Iran) that she sensed that men looked at her because they liked her body, rather than treating her as a serious academic. "Now I wear the veil", she said, "it's entirely my choice, and people can take me at face value". I was quite impressed with the argument. But then she went on to say: "in fact, Islam is very specific about how women should be treated. The Q'uran only allows two instances where a husband can legally beat his wife: firstly if she refuses to make love when he wants to, and secondly if she allows another man to cross the threshold when her husband is not at home."

    Now, call me a wishy-washy liberal, but I don't think it's at all OK that a husband can beat his wife for refusing sex, or if she lets the guy in to read the gas meter.

    However, these attitudes aren't *that* old fashioned in our own culture. Certainly in Victorian Britain, both of these statements would have been considered perfectly acceptable by society at large, and even as recently as the 1970s in the UK if a husband raped his wife it wasn't a criminal offence.

    I think Islam is changing, however - especially when you look at the attitudes of second and third generation Muslims in the UK.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Hi Fluffmeister,

    In his time, Mohammad was a great liberator of women of course. Muslim women got 1/2 a vote in 600AD! It was 1920 before USA women scratched and clawed our way to having voting power. Even now they teach USA children that "women were given the vote" which is pure trash. Some nice Alpha Sugar Daddy did not kindly "give" USA women rights. We fought hard and long and we need to keep fighting.

    The only major world religion that doesn't display large levels of institutionalized racism, sexism, caste and class- ism, all backed by scripture, is the Sikh religion (5th largest religion on planet, from India) far as I know. That religion actually preaches against caste, racism and sexism (Sikh women gained full rights in the last part of the 1400s) but Sikhs are still struggling to live their path. Generally speaking, they are still sexist etc.

    RedRose
    Last edited by RedRose; March 30th, 2006 at 08:13 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    290

    Thanks for input everyone, great stuff!

    I have a number of theories rolling around my brain, but needs research.
    For the time being, i will just bring to your attention that the World Trade Centre was also attacked by bombs at 12:17pm, Friday 26 Feb. 1993.
    Asc. was 3*26' and Juno was 3*07', both in Cancer.
    The Pentagon attack happened at 09:45 on 9/11, M.C. was 27*18' and Juno was 26*43' both in Cancer.
    By looking in Parkers Astrology (new edition), page 45, it seems that the traditional associations of Cancer involves New York.
    Obviously the Pentagon is in Washington D.C. but during the second attack on the World trade Centre involving flight 175 at 09:03am., part of Fortune is at 27*10' and Juno is 26*42'. The part of Fortune is another area of astrology that i have found connections, although i have a lot more research to do on this.
    One of the most heart breaking terrorist attacks was the Beslan School Children Massacre on Wednesday 1st September 2004, at 09:00am. The I.C. on this day was 9*25' Capricorn and Juno sat at 09*10'. North Mean node was 4*46' Taurus and P.O.F. was 05*11'.
    There is no doubt that the recent attack on the Golden Mosque on Wednesday 22 Feb. 2006, 07:00am. in Samarra, Iraq created tremendous energies that are still being felt. I.C. was 16*55' Gemini, Juno sat at 18*10'.
    M.C. sat at 16*55' Sag., P.O.F. was 18*54'.
    Juno is far too sneaky just to show its influence by the angles, but i have a lot of attacks on file when this was the case.
    On a personal note, i was fascinated that Juno and St. Valentines was connected.....perhaps a look at "The St. Valentines Day Massacre" could be interesting?.
    When the Golden Spiral and Mirror Image are joined, it forms a "Heart Shape".

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,452
    Wow! Following Monk's post about the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, here's the chart:

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffmeister
    The Q'uran only allows two instances where a husband can legally beat his wife: firstly if she refuses to make love when he wants to
    that's messed up! i was not aware of this. what kind of pathetic excuse for a gentleman would do such a thing?

    apparently one who deserves to be castrated.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuric
    that's messed up! i was not aware of this. what kind of pathetic excuse for a gentleman would do such a thing?

    apparently one who deserves to be castrated.
    Indeed - but remember, sadly, these attitudes are still pretty prevalent in parts of our own Western cultures too. Women's refuges in the 1970s in the UK had lots of women in who'd been raped by their husbands (a perfectly legal thing for the husband to do at the time), and in fact the law on marital rape wasn't changed in the UK until 1991.

  10. #20
    KEishin's Avatar
     is offline Minister of Formation, in- and disin-
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffmeister
    Indeed - but remember, sadly, these attitudes are still pretty prevalent in parts of our own Western cultures too. Women's refuges in the 1970s in the UK had lots of women in who'd been raped by their husbands (a perfectly legal thing for the husband to do at the time), and in fact the law on marital rape wasn't changed in the UK until 1991.
    And some people wonder why so many women fight *so* hard to have control over their own bodies, minds and lives . . . they should try being on that end of things. They'd reconsider things pretty damn quick.
    <<<flaming liberal who doesn't take crap from misogynists. And proud of it.
    Astrology Forum Guide- Do you know YOUR planets?
    Certified Astrologer - AMAFA - through the American Federation of Astrologers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •