Thread: The Witches Craft

The Witches Craft

Ok guys....this is my web site...tell me what you think. It's been around a long time. I'm currently updating and renovating....so I though a bit of critiquing would be good

http://www.geocities.com/vatrovia/
    The Lady Vatrovia (LadyV)
    My Site: The Witches Craft

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same!

There's good content, maybe add a CSS code to make everything look a little fancier? =D
    "We all live under the same sky, but we don't see the same horizon."

Thank you...I have no idea how to do what you are suggesting.....but thank you just the same!

Love the information on your site. I really enjoyed learning about you and read every page you have completed. The only thing I'd do is add more pics which I think you're in the process of doing.

is offline Goddess bless your little cotton socks!
    There is a lot of information on this site I don't personally agree with, or where it seems you have not stuck to your original topic. For example:

on the first page it says:
    "There is so much good information on the net concerning Wicca. There is not so much out there however concerning Witchcraft! "
    Which leads the reader to believe the site is about Witchcraft, not Wicca, however on the "Magick" page it talks a lot about morals that are specifically Wiccan and have nothing to do with Witchcraft.

The yellow on black and light blue on black is painful to the eyes and does not encorage anyone to stay and read for a long period of time, and although useing italics etc to highlight words works it would look a lot more professional if this technique was used less or in a different way. The way it is, looks a little slapped together and all over the place. The blue on black, is easier than the yellow though.

You've stated we don't use the invented pentagram/pentacle, but some Wiccans do. Originally satainists used the inverted cross, not the pentacle/pentagram and I think hollywood had a lot to do with this, but don't quote me on that, because i dont know for sure.

On the differences between Wicca and Witchcraft page there are a lot of generalisations, and a few things that personally I disagree strongly with, these being:

Witchcraft is "Non-religious oriented" (there's huge debates on this one though so I'd not worry about it)

Witchcraft "May cast a circle, but usually doesn't."
    Witches cast circle in a different style, but almost always cast a circle, or at least those that I've worked with. I think the rest of this paragraph is very apt though

Witchcraft is not most often practiced solitary, although covens are not structured in the same way Wiccan covens are. Witchcraft has a huge oral counter part, so at some stage a Witch does need to seek training, either with a mentor or a group.

Witches also use a lot of the same tools, but they are made differently (as you said) and are used slightly differently.

Pictures and/or photos make the reader's experience at your website more enjoyable and give people small breaths of air, so to speak, between reading.
    Borders can be effective if you choose to avoid useing pictures, and line breaks (as seen on your magick page) are effective in breaking up the page as well. Generally, stick to a theme that says what you want it to, and continue with it rather than choping and changeing.

Perhaps to make it look a bit nicer you could colour the table borders, or turn them invisible, and making all your links the same font size and colour will make it tidier and easier to navigate. Aside from that though you've made a realy good start and i look forward to seeing the finished product.

Please please don't feel like I'm attacking you! I'm not. I'm just trying to offer some feed back. I've made websites professionally before, so I'm a little picky, that's all. I don't mean to make you feel bad, and you shouldn't because you've done well! Website design is not as easy as so many people assume.

Many blessings!
    ~Miri

Thanks for the feed back! Some of the content is rather old on the site. I originally put the site together over 5 years ago and it is currently under renovation. As to pictures. I try to keep it at a minimum because I did have photos and and I used to have a guest book.....I received a lot of mail about slower computers and it taking to long with pictures for them to load and the guest book went because I kept getting concerned people telling me I am doomed to burn in hell, among other Christian "niceties". One of hte reason I put it up here for others to view was to get feedback since I am currently re-doing the site and I could get some ideas.

I thought the site was interesting and had a lot of cool things on it, but one thing, i'd maybe reword or think about is on the magick page, you talk about ethics (like 'harm none', so maybe you could add it to another page or something, and just talk about magic(k)), also on the site, you say magick isn't supernatural and is a normal science, me, personally, i view it as using mystical/supernatural forces (but then, i think someone said, that magic is personal, and people will have different definitions for it).

But the rest seems cool .

is offline If I fell in a forest, would YOU hear it
    The site looks absolutely wonderful. Not to mention, you have a difference section about witches and wicca, which, I get asked all the time. Wonderful job! I couldn't click on any of the hyperlinks, but I'll try again soon.

Scooter- 4/11/94 to 10/15/05
    Have no fear, tis I!
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.
    "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself!"

is offline Hmmmmmmm, will get back to you on it!

Talking

I loved the layout and over all concept of the web site, especially the sparkles following my mouse cursor. I enjoy the simple pleasures!

Excellent information. Loved your bio!! I'm sure you want to tweak and fine tune some things but I for one like it the way it is. Thank you! It was a great read!

P.S. You remind me of my friend Shawna, you two are very much alike. She is a witch too!
    Last edited by The Lady; April 2nd, 2006 at 03:43 AM.
    Warmest regards,
    Tamela
    "Were it not for hope the heart would break." --Scottish proverb