Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: What is your opinion on Christian religion?

Quote Originally Posted by equinox2
    However, there is the interesting non Biblical gospel of "secret mark" which suggests that Jesus himself was gay. If it's real, that's very interesting. Scholars debate about whether or not it is a forgery. You can read Secret Mark at www.earlychristianwritings.com

Hopefully, that'll clear some things up. Have a fun day-
    I've heard of that Gospel and read abit of it. While it is indeed very suggestive, there is a good case for it being an explanation of initiation into a mystery cult. Even scholars with no love for Christianity have posited this. I would reference, but it was in a few books in the University library and it would take a while to dig them out.

As for my opinion on Christianity, I have no real problems. I quite like the teachings of Jesus and while they're not for me, I'm sure the world would be a better place if more lived by his example. The religion is a problem however, in that it is a concentration of power, dogma and quite often irrational hatred of others. Jesus would not approve, I think, nor do many Christians who actually follow his ideals, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stella01904
    Joseph Campbell said that at some point, if we don't vaporise the planet, we are going to get a new, global mythology, since there is no more real separation between countries and cultures. He cites the photos of earth taken from the moon, and how, unlike manmade maps and globes, there are no borders on these, and how it impacts consciouness - beautiful! We need this, we've been killing each other over stupid things forever now.

I can't imagine what the new mytholgy will be, but to be viable, there should be no "out" group, no infidels, no hell-bounds.

In other words, not very Biblical.
    BB, Stella
    I don't see that happening, because it sounds too 'perfect', and i don't think world can ever be 'perfect', it needs a balence of things.

Quote Originally Posted by David19
    I don't see that happening, because it sounds too 'perfect', and i don't think world can ever be 'perfect', it needs a balence of things.
    It wouldn't be perfect, a lot of people would manage to screw it up. Twas ever thus. But it would be better than all this church-sanctioned hate we've got now.
    Stella
    PS Gay Jesus? Forget "The Book of Daniel" and "The DaVinci Code"! Give 'em a controversy they can get there teeth into! Now where's Opie? GOT to get that movie made!

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Quote Originally Posted by stella01904
    PS Gay Jesus? Forget "The Book of Daniel" and "The DaVinci Code"! Give 'em a controversy they can get there teeth into! Now where's Opie? GOT to get that movie made!
    If I remember correctly, there was a thesis written by an Australian claiming that Jesus was gay.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Forget Opie - has anyone sent this information to John Waters?

BB, Stella

Myself, I've not been overly enthralled or moved by orthdoxic Christianity, as defened by the Nicene Creed.
    Pretty much everything that has come out of the Council of Nicea doe not interested me in the slightest and has led to adamant fundamentalism with a few exceptions.
    The Quakers are chill, and in some ways I'd say they are on the verge/line between the orthodoxic and orthopraxic.

The Christian mysteries, such as with the Rosicrucian I do have interest in and see Christs great work on the cross as the alchemical great work,
    Christ merging with his daemon and becoming one with his great work, and his decent into hell in the desert as an underworld initiation common to the Hellenistic mysteries. I have much reason to suspect Jesus was a goes, a practitioner of Hellenistic sorcery and early deceptions as well as a reference in Mathew were Jesus calls up a demon also fits this narrative.

Messiah in gematria has the same value as the name of the serpent from Eden, lending to a gnostic interpretation of Christ, as bringer of gnosis and a lucifer bringer who brings self-knowledge and indeed there are places where Jesus is given the title lucifer. This is the Christ I am interested in which is a far cry from the Christ of mainstream Christianity. That Christ comforts and people become co-dependent on their need for god instead of taking the journey of initiation into the discovery of self therebecoming a Christos. "Know thyself and you shall nature and the gods".

I dont see Christ as the sun of Yaweh, but he who came to save Yahweh the blind and wrathful god.... I see the father of Christ to be Ehieh/El the god of wisdom.
    I can explain why if you wish...
    If you read the Bible using the original hevrew names there is a distinction between these two gods.

Interestingly enough, when the NT was translated into Cherokee in an attempt to convert us (which was largely succussful) we used the name Galoneda for Christ , leaving clues and creating a syncretism. Galoneda is an avatar of the Ukten, thus the avatar if you will of god... one of his forms being the winged/annointed snake. there were striking paraels of lifting up the Brazen Sepent. Galoneda is also a fire-bearer/liberator/Lucifer figure. So it has worked out quite nicely in the long run, which is nice as there have been many cons to Christian influence on our traditional ways.

I do love the song "[Going] Down to the River to Pray' and many wouldn't recognize it but it has strong ties to 'Going to water' which was practiced by woodlandtribes including the Cherokee and Creek.

So, in summation I don't have the adverse reaction to Christianity that many in the Pagan community have had because bad experience, which isn't to say Chrisitanity has always been a good thing in my understand of the world. No, Manifest Destiny was a Christian movement used to validate the genocide of my people and those of other tribes. At the same time many Cherokee have become Christian and it is an element and influence in our culture now and there's a whole process of coming to terms with that. It can divide families if you let it. You really do have to learn to live in a blended world no matter where you are on the spectrum.

But my views of how to embody the medicine of Christos differ greatly from the views of most Christians on Christ.

Also, That old river spiritual makes a great atmosphere for an Aphrodesia ritual with slight re-wording but that's another story

Quote Originally Posted by Little Billy View Post
    I like their Christ.

I don't like most Christians.

They are so unlike their Christ.
    yep, Gandhi nailed it.
    Last edited by Humming Bird; January 10th, 2017 at 01:07 PM.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

The only issue I have with it is how it began and became so wide spread, with all the innocent pagans that were forced to convert or face death.. If it had of been introduced peaceful and of free will then I would have no issues with it, and even though they still seem to have the same mind set with preaching that if you don't worship jesus you will burn in hell ect you can't treat people as a religion so I treat them as I would anyone else.. as a pagan It vexes me that the bible has taken so many stories,symbols and teaching from pagan faiths and claimed them as their own... but I have also noticed that there are extremes at both ends in Christianity from those that are happy to celebrate Xmas but don't want to do anything else to the ones that would literally cause danger to others.. I think the problem stems from the reasons for religion.. personally I think the whole point of religion should be to find answers to questions you have about the universe... but some people just do it because it fits their lifestyle or their parents made them or to be social or fit in.. For me it was wanting to know how everything began and if you seek that answer the first thing you should do is go back to the beginning, I know it seems simple but you can't very well expect to find out how things began in something that was only created a mear 3-4000 years ago.. This is just my own opinion of course.. Blessings

HOW TO PRAY TO GOD EFFECTIVELY, MAKE DECREES & GET RESULTs

Quote Originally Posted by Little Billy View Post
    I like their Christ.

I don't like most Christians.

They are so unlike their Christ.
    Your life is the character of your words. If a manís words are confusing, his life will be confusing as well. In the same vein, if your words are wholesome, your life will be perfect, excellent, and inspiring. Please refer to this video "Your Words are Powerful Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Teaching"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7