Thread: Sickness on Imbolc. Nyaah...:(

Sickness on Imbolc. Nyaah...:(

For the past month, I've been sick. First the doctor diagnosed it as Tonsillitis. It seemed logical. I was put on Zithromax for 5 days, and it improved slightly. Another 2 weeks pass, and I'm still sick! It gets worse, and finally, I woke up today, chokin on my own phlegm. x.x Grarl...naturally, I didn't go to school, and got my father to take me to the emergency clinic. After a mono spot, it was determined THAT wasn't it. Now they finally pinpoint what's wrong ; I have a nasal infection.

Does anyone know of little things I might be able to do today and tomorrow to enjoy Imbolc? I have no energy, I feel like slag. All Ive done for the past two afternoons is sleep, and I'm still tired. I don't have the energy or will, right now, to go out and do any kind of ceremony. I don't even have enoughe nergy to do one at my altar...any festive suggestions or ideas? They'd be appreciated. Thanks..
    "Tsuki no Hikari wa Ai no MESSAGE."

The best things in life cost under $3.00!

Comic Books : $2.95
    Kiwis : $0.50
    and Icees ( ) : $1.49

"Wacky!!? What the hell kind of word is that!? I HATE that word!! Fewer words are as excrutiatingly stupid!!! And used in description of me!!! FOOK!"- said by the hottest Homicidal Maniac ever to walk the Lady's green earth. If you don't know who, your loss!

*proud Bishounen watcher and J. Vasquez fanatic!*

Well...since Imbolc is also called "Candlemas", a common tradition is to light candles in every window, on that night. Perhaps this would be a quick and easy way to observe the holiday.

You could try to weave a brighids cross, with yarn, and popsical sticks.

I hope you feel better soon. Nasal infections can be such a pain. But luckily, if they put you on antibiotics again for it, it should pass soon.
    Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

incidentally, i'm sure there would probably be some ideas for you in either the Magick and Rituals forum, Arts and Crafts, or Greenroom. Browse the various forums, or run a search on Imbolg using the great search feature at the top of the screen. I'm sure you'll be surprised at how many suggestions there would be.
    Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

is offline I found Nemo, and he was yummy!
    I too have a cold that seems like it will never end. I tried the suggestions I found in the greenroom but they aren't working. Does anyone know of anything else? I can't take decongestants or over the counter cold medication because of possible drug interactions.

Did you try Garlic and Oil of Oregano????? Garlic is a natural decongestant, and both Garlic and Oil of Oregano, taken together, supposedly have Antibiotic, and antiviral properties.

Oh..and i have really bad allergies. One thing that i find helps when I'm all stuffed up is eyebright.

is offline I found Nemo, and he was yummy!
    Thank you I will give those a try!

I'm sick, too! Nothing like an infection - just a cold. But it's bad enough and I'm coughing and sneezing and complaining...but the last is nothing new.

Maybe you guys could try meditating. I tend to do that before or after rituals that I do. Light candles.

And REST! Drink lots of water. DayQuil is great. Ricola is even better - if you get the kind with Echinacea. Watch out for possible allergies, though. Check with your doctor.

I don't think you have to do anything big to observe Imbolc or any other holiday, so don't sweat it too much.
    what if everything around you
    isn't quite as it seems?
    what if all the world you think you know
    is an elaborate dream?
    and if you look at your reflection
    is that what you want it to be?
    what if you could look right through the cracks
    would you find yourself--
    find yourself afraid to see?

what if all the world's inside of your head
    just creations of your own?
    your devils and your gods all the living and the dead