Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: sexual attraction FROM a deity?

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Angel View Post

Yeah wow lol...Set must be totally gay. I thought he was heterosexual..

By Star And Sword,
    ~Jon~ :cheers:
    He's bisexual. he had sexual relations with his wife Nephthys and his nephew Horus (wonders how that said with Osiris who worked so hard to teach his son to battle and kill set, not make love to him)
    ......with liberty and justice for all;
    For all means for all without exceptions!

What is more valuable than liberty? Nothing, not even my own life. As without liberty, is life really worth living?

"those who would give up a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

"Don't Tread on Me" - Forgot

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ninurta2008 View Post
    He's bisexual. he had sexual relations with his wife Nephthys and his nephew Horus (wonders how that said with Osiris who worked so hard to teach his son to battle and kill set, not make love to him)
    Jury's still out on whether or not it was real...I tend to trip quite a bit XD Is it possible? Hell yes. When I'm with Pakhet there is a distinct charge that isn't present with much else. She hasn't been stopping by lately, though...maybe things have changed. Or maybe I've grown beyond what she wanted to teach me...independence from my lover, who broke up with me and may not even be real. Damned internets >.>

Anyways I've got a growing sense of what is real and what is imagined - not perfect, but I'm learning. You know usually there's a little click of some kind....Pakhet clicks. Hard. In my pants

By Star And Sword,
    ~Jon~
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

Are you serious? He said that? wow.

I read the contendings of Horus and Set, but I heard there was one from before the New Kingdom and had the homoerotic stuff in it. I wanted to read it, do you know of anywhere where I could ? Book, link or anything?
    Yeah wow lol...Set must be totally gay. I thought he was heterosexual...that's why I wasn't sure if the whole thing was real or not. Thanks for validating it all...I think

/me needs to read more Egyptian mythology XD Damn...why did that sound wrong? Timing? :P

By Star And Sword,
    ~Jon~ :cheers:
    I'm not sure where you can read it, I didn't think there was a difference between the different versions, but, here are some sites with the quote:

http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kun...ream/set.html:

His bisexuality (he was married and given concubines to appease him, yet he also assaulted Horus sexually starting with the come-on line "How lovely your backside is!") and his pursuit of Isis were reasons why Set could never have been a ruler of Egypt instead of Osiris, despite originally being a lord of Upper Egypt.
    http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kun...exuality.html:

Horus and Set

Then Set said to Horus: "Come, let us have a feast day at my house." And Horus said to him: "I will, I will." Now when evening had come, a bed was prepared for them, and they lay down together. At night, Set let his member become stuff, and he inserted it between the thighs of Horus. And Horus placed his hand between his thighs and caught the semen of Set.

-- Story of Horus and Set

After Osiris' eventual death, while Horus was growing up and planning his own revenge, Set and Horus engaged in a homosexual relationship. In one part of the myth, Set proclaimed to Horus, "How lovely your backside is." Informing his mother Isis about his uncle's ardour, Horus is told to catch Set's semen rather than becoming impregnated by the murderer of his father. Set, in doing so, was planning on humiliating Horus by showing the gods that Horus would be filled with someone else's semen.

Horus and Isis's next plan was to 'impregnate' Set with Horus' semen. His mother spreads powerful unguents on Horus' penis, after which he ejaculated into a jar, and they spread it on some lettuce, a favourite aphrodisiac to the ancient Egyptians. Set then ate the semen-covered lettuce, and so Horus (rather than Set with his first 'attack') bacame sexually dominant over his uncle. Set then asked the gods to bring the semen forth from the 'impregnated' one, to humiliate Osiris' son. The semen comes out of Set himself, and he becomes the laughing stock of the gods!
    I'm not sure if I'd say Set is a God of homosexuality, as he did have female lovers (like Anat, the teenage Canaanite War Goddess, who did, I think, dress like a boy, or, had "masculine" tendancies), and, I think, Darth Brooks mentioned he had more male lovers than female (hopefully, he'll see this thread and either correct me or expand on the idea, he's the most knowledgable guy on Set on MW, at least, the one who posts, maybe there are others who don't....).

So, Burning Angel, like I said, consider it a compliment - he must have thought you had a nice backside .

Anat is an interesting deity, she'd probably be really crazy in bed, maybe thats why Set likes her.
    ......with liberty and justice for all;
    For all means for all without exceptions!

What is more valuable than liberty? Nothing, not even my own life. As without liberty, is life really worth living?

"those who would give up a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

"Don't Tread on Me" - Forgot

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by David19 View Post
    I'm not sure where you can read it, I didn't think there was a difference between the different versions, but, here are some sites with the quote:

http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/themestream/set.html:

http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/themestream/sexuality.html:

I'm not sure if I'd say Set is a God of homosexuality, as he did have female lovers (like Anat, the teenage Canaanite War Goddess, who did, I think, dress like a boy, or, had "masculine" tendancies), and, I think, Darth Brooks mentioned he had more male lovers than female (hopefully, he'll see this thread and either correct me or expand on the idea, he's the most knowledgable guy on Set on MW, at least, the one who posts, maybe there are others who don't....).

So, Burning Angel, like I said, consider it a compliment - he must have thought you had a nice backside .
    I've never really looked at it in a while...not enough mirrors that low. But if he thinks so then cool....but gods. That story is just gross...semen-covered lettuce? What were the Egyptians thinking? XD

I'm loving this thread :D Who's Anat, Ninurta?

By Star And Sword,
    ~Jon~
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become...

Wait, the deity physically came to you, took your hand, and proceeded to literally shapeshift? O_o

Do tell!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dumunzi View Post
    Wait, the deity physically came to you, took your hand, and proceeded to literally shapeshift? O_o

Do tell!
    That's not what anyone's been saying. You did read the thread, right? XD

By Star And Sword,
    ~Jon~

Anat is an interesting deity, she'd probably be really crazy in bed, maybe thats why Set likes her.
    I'm sure she could be.

I've never really looked at it in a while...not enough mirrors that low. But if he thinks so then cool....but gods. That story is just gross...semen-covered lettuce? What were the Egyptians thinking? XD

I'm loving this thread :D Who's Anat, Ninurta?

By Star And Sword,
    ~Jon~
    Anat is the Canaanite Goddess of war, she's often depicted as a teenager.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by David19 View Post
    I'm sure she could be.

Anat is the Canaanite Goddess of war, she's often depicted as a teenager.
    A teenage war goddess? Sounds kinda like one of my Trek RP characters...all badass and hyper and youthfully tomboyish :P

By Star and Phaser,
    ~Jon~

Quote Originally Posted by aluokaloo View Post
    I first met Taliesin not too long agowhen I went out too greet Him, he took me on a wild and crazy shapeshifting run! He took my hand, and we became wolves, as I followed Him, we shapeshifted into rabbis, then ducks, crows, stags, and boars. By the time it was done, He turned around and kissed me much to my amazement! Before walking into a bare tree and dissappearing, a few days ago, I felt His presence hovering over me and I sort of saw Him. He was coming down to kiss me again, and I felt an enormous amount of sexual energy coming from Him..I was feeling pretty crappy about myself that day, and told Him, that I wasn't really fit for Him. I got a flirtatious wink, and He left me to my book. Has anyone ever had a deity, well besideslove deities come down to "play"?
    Reading this it seems to say, " I physically met the deity, and we shapeshifted, " O_o Where did I go wrong?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast