Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: sexual attraction FROM a deity?

I have, and it doesn't count as cheating in my book. Cheating implies something wrong and I just can't define the act of intimacy with a God/ess as wrong unless it was unwanted.

Stephanie --

Two such scenarios come to mind to fit my definition of how diety would present themselves in a way so as to convey the "intimate" sentiment. While one is deep in meditation or conversing with diety. And two if a partner were capable of invoking and drawing down said diety into themselves.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

Can't say I've ever experienced this but it sounds pretty interesting.

Sat Set her Djehuty, Meryt Ra her Heru-wer

My Poetry My LJ My deviantART

It's not a simply Pagan thing either... after all they don't call 'em the brides of Christ for nothing.

Yes! Ah, yes is a word with a glorious ring! A true universal utopious thing! Engenders embracing and chasing of blues, the very best word for the whole world to use!
    - Yellow Submarine (196

Flying Caddywompus Productions

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieAine
    Wh- wh- what?

Okay, so let me get this straight:

*Beings* - meaning otherworldly, supernatural, invisible, not-ordinary-living-people - *manifested themselves* in a *physical, solid sense*... just like a solid human being... solid and physical enough that if they stood beside a normal human being, both would be just as physical and solid, and anyone walking by could look and see two "people" standing together, when actually one of those "people" would be... for example... Taliesin or Brighid or Lugh or something... except in totally "normal" form.

Am I right about that part?

And so - these "beings" of whatever kind... they've had flirtations, physical playing around and/or sexual relations with you?

REAL sexual relations... REAL kisses with real mouths... real, solid, physical, not figurative speech but a literal experience?

If so - I am having trouble wrapping my mind around that, because it sounds like the way people would talk about ordinary encounters with ordinary people. Where's the part about screaming in horror upon realizing that some invisible being is suddenly right there and they're getting frisky with you? Where's the part where you think you're nuts because such things don't happen to people?

Or is this just like the thing I read about people doing in 'pathworking' - basically imaginging something but believing it actually occurred on a different plane of existence?

I can't wait to hear about this.
    Christians experience estatic and charismatic experiences of speaking in tongues and being filled with the spirit, etc. St. Thersa of Avilla as just one example, had estatic experiences great intensity and passion. I for one remember thinking her (brilliant) writings on these experiences were laced with pent-up sexual energy...I was a teenager with my own.

Pagans of various traditions experience such manisfestations and have been since the beginning of humankind, I imagine. And as Pagans generally do not have the same sexual prohibitions as Christians ....makes sense that sensuality and sex would be more natuarlly expressed with the manisfestation of deity.

eta: Clarity
    Last edited by _Banbha_; July 25th, 2006 at 04:42 AM.

I'm trying to understand this, and it's just not computing, LOL.

I can't see how something that occurs in a trance state, for example (which would mean the person is essentially experiencing something within their mind, and so if anyone walked into the room and looked at them, there would only be one person sitting there in the lotus position with some burning incense on the table or something) - would be able to call an experience 'real' if the experience occurred within the mind.

If that were the case - then if I sit here and envision icecream in front of me, and I imagine tasting it, that I'm *really eating icecream.* That can't be!

I understand mystical experiences - ecstatic speech, glossolalia, mystical visions/ aisling, whatever - I don't personally experience speaking in tongues, and I don't have visions per se (though I've had what could be called 'psychic' knowledge of events). Still, those are not even in the same ballpark as what we're talking about here. Here, we're basically discussing whether sex in the brain means you had sex... basically.

Or is the thinking that if you imagine something, it must be real because it could be envisioned... or something?
    Stephanie Áine llllllllllll
    Forum Guide/Celtic Christianity
    Paths: Druids, Celts, & Celtic Christians

2 Cor. 5:17-19 / Matt 22:37-40 / Luke 11:33-36

StephanieAine, have you ever had a sex dream where you actually felt the sexual pleasure?

Its like that, only in trance state, or in an elevetad state of awareness of sort.

To add to what Morr said...

You'd also need to be willing to conceinve that a God/ess not always need take on a human form to have intimate contact with a human. So often they come to us in visions, in dreams, in trances, and deep meditation. Why should it be any harder to understand that when someone talks to God/ess or receives info and guidance from them in these states that they could not also experience a state of initimate relations where the experience is sexual and gratifying.

*raises hand ecstatically to Morr's question....Oooh Oooh I have I have!*

May have been a little TMI there sorry

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

O_O eeep! i never heard of something like that.

I still don't really get it, but I don't know that I want to either.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieAine
    I'm trying to understand this, and it's just not computing, LOL.

I can't see how something that occurs in a trance state, for example (which would mean the person is essentially experiencing something within their mind, and so if anyone walked into the room and looked at them, there would only be one person sitting there in the lotus position with some burning incense on the table or something) - would be able to call an experience 'real' if the experience occurred within the mind.

If that were the case - then if I sit here and envision icecream in front of me, and I imagine tasting it, that I'm *really eating icecream.* That can't be!

Or is the thinking that if you imagine something, it must be real because it could be envisioned... or something?
    I haven't had sex with deities (although it sounds like fun!), or many mystical experiences, but from what i've read about trance states and deities, it involves more than just the mind or brain, like imagining an 'ice cream' would just be your own mind imagining it, but when you experience a deity, i believe it involves something more than the brain or mind, i think it's probably hard to explain, it's probably something you have to experience to actually know it's real (but then, like i said, i don't know much about it or experienced it so i'm not sure if i'm right ).

Hope that helped.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast