Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Man gives birth to his own twin

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer

Man gives birth to his own twin

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2346476&page=1

Mehta said that he can usually spot a tumor just after he begins an operation. But while operating on Bhagat, Mehta saw something he had never encountered. As he cut deeper into Bhagat's stomach, gallons of fluid spilled out — and then something extraordinary happened.

"To my surprise and horror, I could shake hands with somebody inside," he said. "It was a bit shocking for me."
    I'm a bit interested in what happens to the twin that lived inside him. I've heard of cases like this before, but why is it this is never talked about? Is the deformed twin killed, or is it allowed to live? Can it learn to talk and live a semi-normal existance?

Does anyone know? The article doesn't say...
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

"Usually, both twins die before birth from the strain of sharing a placenta.

Sometimes, however, as in Bhagat's case, the host twin survives and is delivered. What makes his case so unusual is that no one suspected Bhagat had a twin inside him for 36 years."

That was on the second page of the article...the link is kinda small, so difficult to see.

Blessings,
    AR
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." E.A.Poe

~*~ Shadowspell Gothic Art ~*~

wow thats very interesting

This is my dragon Titania made by instinct

MySpace
    CovenSpace
    Facebook
    PaganSpace.com
    PaganSpace.net

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRain View Post

That was on the second page of the article...the link is kinda small, so difficult to see.

Blessings,
    AR
    Yeah, I read that it was delivered alive but I mean what happened after that. Did it die afterwards? What did they do with it?

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Here is a link from the second page of the article that explains further and has some pictures. Not of this guy though.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ull/105/6/1335

There's nothing paranormal about this condition, though it's rare and grusome. Science or Discovery Channel (can't rember which) have done some excellent shows on this condition. It seems to happen in extreme in third world countries because of the lack of medical care.

Quote Originally Posted by Laisrean View Post
    Yeah, I read that it was delivered alive but I mean what happened after that. Did it die afterwards? What did they do with it?
    It's a parasite and dies without it's host.

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeDryad View Post
    Here is a link from the second page of the article that explains further and has some pictures. Not of this guy though.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ull/105/6/1335

There's nothing paranormal about this condition, though it's rare and grusome. Science or Discovery Channel (can't rember which) have done some excellent shows on this condition. It seems to happen in extreme in third world countries because of the lack of medical care.
    Thanks. That one kinda answered my question.

The fetus was always anencephalic, the vertebral column and the limbs were present in the fetus in fetu in almost all cases (91% and 82.5%, respectively). The lower limbs were more developed than the upper limbs. Fetus in fetu was rarely found in the central nervous system, gastrointestinal tract, vessels, or the genitourinary tract; however, it was found in 55.8%, 45%, 40% and 26.5% of cases, respectively. It was rarer still to find fetus in fetu in the lungs, adrenal glands, pancreas, spleen, and lymph nodes. The heart was very rarely found in fetu.
    Anencephalic means it has little or nothing in the way of a brain, so it must have died immediately or not long after it was removed.

This is probably for the best, because it couldn't have been a very pleasant existance...

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeDryad View Post
    It's a parasite and dies without it's host.
    Yeah, I thought so and now I know. I just wasn't sure.

But there is an episode of the X-files where a twin like this comes out of this guys body every night and kills people looking for another twin like it. X-files had some weird episodes...

But there is an episode of the X-files where a twin like this comes out of this guys body every night and kills people looking for another twin like it. X-files had some weird episodes...
    Oh, that was a good one. The 'Geek' guy was in that and a bunch of other side show performers. That little tumor running around was scary. :hehehehe:

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Wasn't that the carnival episode with the tattooed man? I love that show...
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast