Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bad Pagan Sites?

I think long signatures are a waste of bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLili View Post
    So what does this mean for Satanic Witches and/or Satanic Wiccans? Not popular paths, but they most definitely exist. I believe it was LaVey's daughter who literally wrote the book on being a Satanic Witch.
    Which daughter? He had two.

If you're thinking about the book entitled The Satanic Witch, that was actually by Anton LaVey himself, and is hardly about "witchcraft" in the Wiccan any other Pagan sense, in fact, there are several passages which specifically denounce Wicca. "LaVeyan Witchcraft", let's call it, is not about spells and incantations -- it redefines "witch" to mean "a woman who uses her sexuality or other distinctly feminine qualities to manipulate men and get what she wants". He also goes on extensively about his black stockings and white panties fetish, with an almost disturbing amount of detail -- there's a specific portion of one particular chapter where you'd swear he was masturbating as he wrote, just because he gets more and more detailed and enthusiastic, and then suddenly ... he stops and goes on to his next thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
    If the background is animated and the text isn't legible, I would call it a bad site. If there's huge cruft on every page and it takes three years to load, it's not worth your time. I'm not even asking for validation; just legibility most of the time. Oh yeah, and if you think y'all pagans have bad sites to worry about, you should see some of the Christian websites! Broken tags all the way down, and huge .wav files, not to mention bad javascript.
    Totally agreed. If one is creating a website, it just makes sense that they're obviously looking for it to inform, enlighten, inspire, or at least amuse more people than just themselves and a few friends -- if this is not the case, then it's not really that difficult to password protect its content. If a website is even potentially hard on the eyes, then it's probably not going to attract many visitors and thus it will fail its goals.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachWitch View Post
    Witchcraft or Wicca without Deity affiliation is Magic. There are plenty of magicians out there who are very good at what they do. It doesn't make them Pagan. ... The bottom line is that Pagans DO HAVE affiliation with Deity.
    Additionally, our great-great-great granny's DID have an affiliation with one god or goddess or another (those of us who come from familial lines).
    Thanks.

I think it would also be wise to point out that language evolves and definitions of words change -- two-hundred years ago, Atheists were considered "pagans", but not any-more. Dictionaries also contain a lot of now-outdated definitions of certain words just because nobody thought to update things. "Pagan" now seems to have a rather fixed definition among archaeologists and similar academics, as well as the overwhelming majority of people who self-identify as such, as "one who practises a religion reconstructed from, based on, or inspired by the pre-Christian polytheistic religions of Europe", but you'll be hard pressed to find a modern dictionary that mentions said definition, despite very obvious academic usage, simply because nobody's realised it hasn't been edited yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gruagach View Post
    Unless you consider Satanism to be a form of (reverse) Christianity -- at least those varieties of Satanists who rely on Christian mythology fit that bill.

If it fits into the Christian category then it's by definition not Pagan.
    Actually, Satanism as defined by Anton LaVey is rather "reverse Christianity":

Christianity - God exists outside the self / Satanism - God exists within the self

...and that's one example.

Inverse Christianity, on the other hand, is where the God of Christianity is "inverted" and made the bad guy, while Satan is made the good guy -- kind of like Bizarro Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by RainInanna View Post
    What are Discordians or Subgeni? So far the only ones I've seen claim that label are just trolls, though I'm sure there's more to it then that?
    Yes they are real religions and not just trolls and there are some people who take it very seriously (or not lol) depending on who you talk to.

Winter
    And you don't like being huged with? Well, welcome to Discordia, dumbass. This is what happens when you try to lean on the weird. - Little Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Nitefalle View Post
    Why would Atheists be Pa gan? And let's go beyond the dictionary term because there are a few different ones floating around.
    I was asking for general consensus. SOme people classify those who dont believe in christianity as p a g a n. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the subject. I am aware of the dictionary thanks.

WInter
    And you don't like being huged with? Well, welcome to Discordia, dumbass. This is what happens when you try to lean on the weird. - Little Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Windsmith View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but out of curiosity, why are people writing "P a g a n" and "Pa gan"? Are there firewall issues?
    If I dont write it as p a g a n it comes up people and I dont like that word.

WInter

Quote Originally Posted by LadyWinter View Post
    If I dont write it as p a g a n it comes up people and I dont like that word.

WInter
    What an unusual word to dislike. Most people surveyed seem to dislike "moist".

What I found interesting about this thread-turned-debate is that in every case, the word "witch" is defined by post-Gardinerian definition and not pre-Gardinerian.

Am I to take it that those of us who do not adhere to the modern code of ethics are less witchy and/or less acceptable?

Fine, I am used to that. Less acceptable doesn't make my ways "wrong" just "unpopular". A lot of very good things are unpopular - sense, two parent nuclear families, and sobriety in college, just to name a few.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Mater View Post
    What I found interesting about this thread-turned-debate is that in every case, the word "witch" is defined by post-Gardinerian definition and not pre-Gardinerian.

Am I to take it that those of us who do not adhere to the modern code of ethics are less witchy and/or less acceptable?

Fine, I am used to that. Less acceptable doesn't make my ways "wrong" just "unpopular". A lot of very good things are unpopular - sense, two parent nuclear families, and sobriety in college, just to name a few.
    Um...What?

It's one thing to come into a thread that's months old and comment on it. It's something altogether different to come into a thread that's months old and comment that you take offense to a perceived slight that may or may not actually have ever been intended - and had nothing to do with either the OP or the resulting discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLili View Post
    Um...What?

It's one thing to come into a thread that's months old and comment on it. It's something altogether different to come into a thread that's months old and comment that you take offense to a perceived slight that may or may not actually have ever been intended - and had nothing to do with either the OP or the resulting discussion.

Forgive me, it was late and I didn't notice the date when I commented. I had hit the "new posts" button and it was on the third page of listings, didn't realize that the coding for MW would turn up a months dead post n a new post search. Now I know that it does, I will pay more attention.

As for the supposed perceived slight, there was none, was only making a comment for clarification.

As for whether it had anything to do with the discussion, if you didn't see it, I am not gonna bother trying to explain it, its a moot point anyway.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungSoulRebel View Post
    What an unusual word to dislike. Most people surveyed seem to dislike "moist".
    I have always preferred the word P A G A N.....I also prefer the word rhutabaga but alas have not found a common daily way to use it yet.

Winter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast