Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A gravestone in a Salt Lake City cemetery is the focus of a curious mystery

is offline Searching for my path . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by number_the_dead View Post
    I wonder if anyone is reserching "the witches" grave here in sunny St. George Utah. Sorry I know it is sorta off topic but I have to tell u all about this other grave in utah (as if u guys really care but too bad ur gonna hear about it anyways!) Any whoo... Here is St. George (the bigish city in southern utah) there is a grave that everyone refers to as "the witches grave" The grave is in the older section of the main city cemetary. It looks like a globe on a pedastle (if I remember correctly Its been years since I was there) Any ways the inscription on the stone says "Not Dead, Just Sleeping" wich sounds like a tragic denile from a former loved one or (as many people choose to beleive) a creepy warning.... Dun Dun Dun!!!... No really it is really there. If any of u are accually interested tell me and I will go take a picture of it k?
    I know this was posted a while ago, but I would be interested in seeing the picture if you still want to go take one!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons . . . for you are crunchy and good with Ketchup."
    ~*~Bumper Sticker~*~

Rowan Darkmoon Guest
    Maybe she just wanted that on there?

I think it's just some family drama stuff. Doubtful it's anything more than sadistic relatives or anything less than a "why did you honor that?" last request.

Interesting story, I'm also thinking the husband was a religious nut. But why wasn't he buried next to her? Why the opposite side of the cemetary?

As I don't believe in Christian mythology, I don't know of such a "beast". However, I obviously believe in "evil" and the wicked things that can manifest, so seeing that headstone would most likely give me the heebie-jeebies (or not, who knows).

Thank you for the post, this is the first I'm hearing about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

in some form ..I get a feeling its a not a female in the grave but a male..

dont ask how i am getting it...but I studied the photo of the gravestone

and it slightly feels more male then female..

Prehaps it was her weird way of being remebered. Like the people who get inscriptions like 'this one's on me' written on their graves.
    Last edited by new_hope; February 19th, 2010 at 12:10 PM.

I live in utah and ive never heard of that >.> i just googled it and was surprised I dont remember hearing about it.

Utah has some funky mojo though thats for sure, Im sure you all have local rumors/legends but compared to utah its probablly ridiculous. People get spooked easy here.

legends ive heard so far xD
    Old ephriam ( utahns know this one)
    strawberry canyon sasquatch ( the name tells it all. along with this ive heard dozens of other encounters with creatures like that)
    Nunnery with babies in the walls
    Insane asylum guarded by doods that look like they should be in deliverance ( true story? The police had to break in and get the caretakers to release a couple of kids)
    Bear lake monster ( A very large creature said to swim in bear lake)
    Crazy hermit ( ive met the guy. He's just some guy who grows his own veggies and hunts game to live, he's got a nice cabin.)
    Charlies grave ( an old grave in a small town called parowan simply marked as charlie's grave, its rumored that the scratched on the back of the tombstone are from him trying to get out like the last poster who posted about getting pics, next time im down that way I'll snap a few photos)
    Chupacabra ( yeah its made its way up north)
    Satyrs up in brianhead ( told to me by a bunch of flaggers when I was headed up to snowboard)
    Skinwalkers ( thread already up somewhere else)
    Dry canyon monsters ( google it xD)

yeah, theres alot of legends around here.

For the most part, it does seem mysterious <,< but I'd rank that up to some pranksters imo.
    Last edited by Boomer; February 25th, 2010 at 12:54 AM.

Wow, that's really weird, kinda creepy, but facinating.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

That's really interesting! I wonder what that means too... I think that she died in the hands of someone powerful whose identity they cannot divulge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast