Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Genealogical Researchers Desk

I found an online Presbyterian church website resource matching someone in my Ulster-Scottish line who emigrated to North Carolina, and emailed the website's director to possibly update their records for my line since they seemed to be missing some information. I never heard back from them.

Yeah I'm not suprised. There are many people I've emailed about their info I've seen online in trees and family bew sites and the emails are either returned because the acct no longer exists, no reply or they do but then they doubt the info you have.

Very few people actually care that they have errors in their tree. Ask for someones source and most the time you'll not get a reply because they don't have one or they do reply and their source is someone else's tree which is a null & void answer anyways.

See post #8 near the bottom for 2 new links for Free online Genealogy classes.

I'm not sure if this will be of any help to anyone or if you've seen it before, but I've seen this site advertised in the UK.

http://www.genesreunited.com/.

It might be of some use to people.

Hey guess what I'm doing? Joining the DAR!

Anyone else a member of it or the SAR?
    Last edited by Haerfest Leah; April 5th, 2007 at 11:55 PM.

This might be a weird question but I have been surching for someone alive and did pretty well but since I cant get into closed adoption records Im at a loss. Does anyone have a tip on how to get those or current military records? Id like to check there as well.

Thank you!!!!
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

I'll jump in here.I do a little professional genealogy from time to time.If the adoption records are sealed, you won't be able to get in to the actual records.The only adoption records I have ever been able to get in to were some older records and only because, when the state I was searching in sealed all adoption records, they did not get all the court records.Civil court records were still at the courthouse archives.
    Current military records are not available to the general public.You would need the person who served request those records-if they are still living.There is information on requesting military records on the national archives website.There is also some information on the veterans administration website regarding military records.
    Hope this helps a little bit!

Thank you unfortunately it does. With out the adoption records I dont know what last name they are going by now. Its a huge brick wall and dont know how to go about getting around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Visha'sMommy View Post
    This might be a weird question but I have been surching for someone alive and did pretty well but since I cant get into closed adoption records Im at a loss. Does anyone have a tip on how to get those or current military records? Id like to check there as well.

Thank you!!!!
    Yeah you'd need to somehow get permission to get into an adoption record.

How are you related to the person whose military records you need and how old would these records be?

They are my brothers. It probably happened like over 20 years ago. I dont know how I would get permission to get them since they are half brothers through my father.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast