Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Anyone?

I'm also in NC (Concord)

Thumbs up

Greensboro here moved here last year so far i'm liking it.

I'm about an hour and a half due north of Winston-Salem in Virginia. We moved here from Sparta, NC... If you're pagan, don't go there. They still pride themselves on driving out the Yoga centre and some teen witches, and you can still find KKK outfits at the local thrift shop (no, I am not kidding!)... Glad to see so many of you fairly close by.

There is a little community of Goddess-path people in and around Willis/Floyd, VA, which is why we're here. We were in NYS (lots of pagans!) before moving south to settle my father-in-law's estate. The area pagans are very discrete -- hard to find if you aren't already entrenched in the local community. We were hoping to connect with others who might be interested in our Grove, or at least with other Druids or Avalonians, but as it happens we're the only ones here. Everyone else is eclectic... perhaps by necessity!

We've been to Ashville and loved it, but couldn't afford to buy in the NC Blue Ridge. We could afford to buy here, so here we are!
    It's gorgeous here, and we love our land, but it's true... we do long for the stimulating conversations to which we'd grown accustomed up north and on our journeys to the Isles. Perhaps as more like-minded people move in an opportunity will arise.

In the meanwhile it's great to find so many of you nearby! If you ever find yourselves near Floyd or Willis, VA, drop us a line and we'll meet you for a lovely cup of latte or tea over at the Blackwater Loft.
    Last edited by Morgaine_cla; May 14th, 2009 at 02:12 AM.
    * Three first parts of Understanding: An Eye to see what is; A Heart to feel what is; and a Boldness that dares to follow them. *

Nc

Beech mnt NC - I hang out at coffee shops and earthfare lol .

I'm in Morganton

Have lived in NC all my life- used to hate it but love it now. I'm in NW Stokes County near Hanging Rock State Park...in the middle of the woods

Morgaine- my family is from Sparta, I know what you're talking 'bout! We're not too far from Floyd (luv it, all lefty-artsy in the middle of the rural south) and are also walking a Druid path. The closest Grove we've found is in Raleigh... have you started one in Floyd?!

~nyx

I use to live in Greensboro, NC but moved a couple of years ago. My parents still live there though.

How have I not seen this thread till now?
    I could tell you the name of the town I live in, but I can pretty much guarantee you've never heard of it.
    I live about thirty minutes from Winston-Salem.

Freedom of speech means not only the freedom to say what you want, but letting others have the freedom to say what they want, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

Holly Springs, NC - just outside of Raleigh.
    I am a part of all that I have read.
    ~John Kieran

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
    ~The Dalai Lama

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
    ~Mother Teresa

You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body.
    ~C.S. Lewis

Grew up in Goldsboro, but would LOVE to move to Asheville!
    *~Hillary~*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast