Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: MW Tarot Deck revisited .....

Quote Originally Posted by Hymnia View Post
    Ya, but the thing with Oils though is it is easier to correct mistakes or hide them all together, unlike Arcylics which dry to quick...
    True - though extenders will save your life with Acrylics. Oils take forever to dry too. Once you're finally done with working the paint, it's just such a wait. And in this environment - it can take a year (ah, humidity, how I loathe thee at times.)

I can't wait to see everyone's cards.
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

True - though extenders will save your life with Acrylics. Oils take forever to dry too. Once you're finally done with working the paint, it's just such a wait. And in this environment - it can take a year (ah, humidity, how I loathe thee at times.)
    Oooh Acrylic extenders? What is that? Ooh I learn something new :D

And as for Oils ya they do take awhile to dry but if your just going to take a picture it would not matter to much would it?? Yes I am in a pesty type mood

Anyways off I go to do one of my cards ...

and when I changed it to JPEG to place on the site, it changed the way it looked somewhat
    yep I guess that is why they warn you in Photoshop that some of the detail maybe lost.

Here is the Ten of Pentacles. I really had some trouble getting what I wanted here. I may have another go at it later, but I like how this one looks. This is the last one for me.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Quote Originally Posted by Hymnia View Post
    Oooh Acrylic extenders? What is that? Ooh I learn something new :D

Anyways off I go to do one of my cards ...
    Next time you're shopping for paints, look at the additives that they sell nearby, usually near where the sand and other texturizing materials are. You'll see tubes that will say things like "Gel medium... gloss" - Some of them will be extenders, others will change the quality/texture/etc (and some of them will extend the paint too). Usually it gives the acrylic a slightly longer drying time, not as nice as oils, but a good 10 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Shatril View Post
    Here is the Ten of Pentacles. I really had some trouble getting what I wanted here. I may have another go at it later, but I like how this one looks. This is the last one for me.

Shatril
    I really love the farm - I wanna live in a place like that! Beautiful.
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Next time you're shopping for paints, look at the additives that they sell nearby, usually near where the sand and other texturizing materials are. You'll see tubes that will say things like "Gel medium... gloss" - Some of them will be extenders, others will change the quality/texture/etc (and some of them will extend the paint too). Usually it gives the acrylic a slightly longer drying time, not as nice as oils, but a good 10 minutes?
    10 minutes would be better for my wooden boxes that is for sure

Thanks Shatril.

I give up on my card tonight it is not turning out at all... different approach first thing in the morning.
    Last edited by SilverClaw; November 12th, 2006 at 11:20 PM.

This is the second go at the 10 of Pents. I like this one better. It is more intense, with less detail, but better feeling. More artsy than I the other one.

Shatril
    Last edited by Shatril; November 13th, 2006 at 10:48 AM.

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Ok Switching it Shatril nice work.

Hey tell me which ones are done, and which ones ya still need. Where ya keeping the ones that are done?

Shatril

business voodoo Wow that is sure different and colourful

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast