Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: MW Tarot Deck revisited .....

I'd like to do the Ace of Wands, if that's OK..
    Last edited by Brightshores; November 24th, 2006 at 03:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Brightshores it is now yours :D

Here it is.. hope you like it. I have the smaller 150x260 version if you want it.

For any of you wondering about the butterflies.. they just seemed to fit.
    Butterflies are symbols of freedom and creativity. They hold the gift of transformation and soul evolution.
    Butterflies have a pair of large compound oval eyes made up of thousands of individual lenses. They can see a single image clearly and are able to perceive ultraviolet wavelengths of light. This suggests clairvoyant abilities for those that hold this totem.
    The butterfly represents the process of transformation and shape shifting. When butterfly shows up, make note of the most important issues confronting you at the moment. What state of change are you at in regard to them?

To the Native Americans the butterfly is a symbol of joy. They remind us not to take life so seriously. They feed on flowers that they help pollinate, thereby further spreading beauty. They represent the element of air, quickly changing and ever moving, so gracefully.
    Whenever an eco system is damaged, butterfly is usually the first to leave. They are especially sensitive to the harmony of earth. If butterfly comes to you in a hurt, trapped or ill way, you are being asked to stop disturbing the natural design of life and to flow with events in a more gentle, natural way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Brightshores nicely done and ya I see how butterflies would suit the wands especiallys ince we are using th eelement of Air with that suit.

Feel free to take another wand card if you want to keep up the theme...

you know, we should probably write little blurbs about why we choose the imagery that we do, so that can become part of the LWB for the deck. It may not always be apparent to others why we choose what we do. What do you think Hymnia?

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Thanks. I've got an idea for the Seven of Wands... can I give it a try and see what you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm still here....not quite done but I think the cards I'm working on are coming along nicely. I can't wait to post them.

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere. - Blaise Pascal

The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent upon it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.- Galileo

ok Brightshores then i will add your name to it

And cesara good to hear from you.

you know, we should probably write little blurbs about why we choose the imagery that we do, so that can become part of the LWB for the deck. It may not always be apparent to others why we choose what we do. What do you think Hymnia?
    Yes I was thinking about how we were going to do the meanings for this deck and descriptions... so yes please write out what the card means to you and your description.. Now some may not be able to and well i will contact those who have not seen the new thread ...

Also something else I want to talk to you all about is what is this deck going to be made of? Do we put it on CD/dvd
    then send it out to those who want it? Then print it out?
    Or do we do a print deck for those who want it? Either way it is going to cost a bit. And I am willing to cover some of the expense but we need to see what is best for everyone. I have some ideas on how to do each thing mentioned here so let me know ...

Oh and also do we just limit this to being made for just those who partook in this project or what?

Oh ya lmaost forgot I want to know what names I am to put for the copyright information for each card I am going to do a list in the booklet or on cd/dvd and we should get that started as well.
    Last edited by SilverClaw; November 25th, 2006 at 11:29 PM.

I was assuming that these were going to be for our own use. As for copyright, I don't want mine to be copywrited, so you only need to give me credit for making them. If someone can improve on those cards I want them to be able to try that. I will definitely get on with the descriptions for the cards I have already made, and will put together the description for the ones that I will be making next week.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Here's the 7 of Wands I came up with.. I was inspired by aeclectic.net's description of it as the "under siege" card. Hope it works for everyone.

Can I come up with the blurbs within the next few days and then post them or PM the information to you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast