Thread: What would you like to see in Theology and Philosophy? Your feedback is needed!

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey

What would you like to see in Theology and Philosophy? Your feedback is needed!

What would you like to see happen in "Theology and Philosophy"?
    Would you like to see more on individual philosophies or philosophers? Or would you like to see more on Theology?
    Any ideas?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

More philosophical questions!
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Snapdragon Guest
    Rather than a rush of opinions on a seemingly endless series of apparent questions...I'd like to see some actual questioning go on--in other words, a few threads where people show careful thought and more than casual interest. Much of that forum at present exists on the order of "what's your favorite color."

I realize this isn't likely to be a popular stance...but in a way I hope anyone reading this might get, that's the point: quality over quantity.

Final thought: this isn't something any moderator can solve, but possibly fewer, rather than many more, "new" threads might be a move in the right direction.

I'd like to read more personal and original thoughts and opinions rather than have books by others quoted at me. I've probably read the book, and if I haven't it's probably because I thought it wasn't worth reading.

rather than blunt opinions, I would rather more argument. I wish people would argue their position, not say, this is what I think so there!

more threads about me...

actually I would think a sub-forum for personal philosophy and theology would be good... rather like the paths sub-forums, only a lot more general... you know, so the personal stuff isn't overshadowed by mainstream or "what colour do you like?" stuff.

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know. ~ M. King Hubbert

Anything else?
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophia View Post
    Anything else?
    Whoa! I've just realised who Philosophia is. What would I like to see in this thread? More discussion. Opposing viewpoints intelligently argued, rather than people just stating their position and leaving things like that. I've noticed though that whenever I question or challenge some peoples views they just get pissed off which defeats the whole purpose of discussion . . . does it not? So that's something else that I'd like to see. Less touchiness and more interaction. Threads that start off with a bang and then whimper out really do my head in too.

Quote Originally Posted by plumedsnake View Post
    More discussion. Opposing viewpoints intelligently argued, rather than people just stating their position and leaving things like that.
    Agree on the more discussion. Personally, I figure you have to state your opinion before anyone can disagree with it. Perhaps some threads just never really get off the ground?

EDIT: I would like to see some sort of discussion particularly on ethics, what ethical views align with Pagan principles, which don't, why. Would also be interested in seeing a discussion on the real merit of total nonviolence.
    Last edited by Lalaith; August 16th, 2008 at 03:24 PM.
    "There are some things which transcend even the discipline of the service."

Anything else?

Question everything.