Thread: The Dropa Stones

The Dropa Stones

I found this interesting

In 1938, an archeological expedition led by Dr. Chi Pu Tei into the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of China made an astonishing discovery in some caves that had apparently been occupied by some ancient culture. Buried in the dust of ages on the cave floor were hundreds of stone disks. A total of 716 discs were found.
    Measuring about nine inches in diameter, each had a circle cut into the center and was etched with a spiral groove, making it look for all the world like some ancient phonograph record some 10,000 to 12,000 years old. The spiral groove, it turns out, is actually composed of tiny hieroglyphics that tell the incredible story of spaceships from some distant world that crash-landed in the mountains. The ships were piloted by people who called themselves the Dropa, and the remains of whose descendents, possibly, were found in the cave.
    http://www.virtuescience.com/dropa-stones.html

Apparantly 23 crystal skulls were also found in the caves - see:

http://webs.lanset.com/dolphin5/siri...nails2_001.htm

It's thought to be a hoax.

Looks interesting, nonetheless.
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

Back onto the crystal skulls topic, eh? Say, Puchi, did you ever get to London to the British Museum to see the one they have there that I saw back in September?

By the way, has anyone mentioned that the stone disks are reminiscent of traditional Chinese coins? (Probably a random coincidence, though.)

Tanemon
    "Energy is Eternal Delight"

I was in London in August - and did go to the museum lol

But the egyptian area caught our eye and we spent most of the afternoon there.

I wasnt aware of the crystal skull being there though (maybe i should have bought a guidebook

The skulls, it's possible they're real. I don't know if any testing has been done on them though.

Check this out, I posted this here: Mystery of the Crystal Skulls
    Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha
    I was flipping though my book "The Art of the Aztecs" when I saw a crystal skull. Here are the scanned parts that talk about it:

What I'm confused about is if these skulls were made by the Aztecs and Mayans...why are they so "unexplained" and mysterious?

Are these different than the other ones? Or were the 13 ones of legend just knock offs of these?
    So if the Aztecs could make them perhaps others could and did as well.