Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your Pagan Haven

I have a few, it sort of depends on what I need at the time.. The one where I spend the most time is White Oak cemetary.. It's out in the middle of nowhere, the energy there is amazing.. I think it started off as a paupers cemetary.. some of the graves were marked with little more than sticks originally.. it's in the process of being reopened though.. and the clearing that they are doing has made it a bit... scattered feeling now. I would sleep there when weather permitted. The next one is Lost Lake.. it takes about 45 minutes to hike there, you are in a pretty dense forest, there is a little path that opens out to the lake.. this amazing little spot.. not a place for swimming.. I believe there are leeches, but.. the birds, the bugs, the frogs.. the sounds are so relaxing.. I never want to leave. The next.. Mother Moon.. a little pagan bookstore in Saugatuck Michigan... the incense she uses is seductive.. I could stay there for hours.. I immediately feel at home.. But, when I am really having a hard time.. really need a break, a cleansing.. The beaches of lake michigan.. there is one specifically if you walk awhile you will almost never see anyone else.. this is best in the fall (normally when my life turns into a living hell, so perfect timing), the winds are picking up, you've got the sound of the waves crasing against the rocks, amazing sunsets.. and the tourists are gone, so you are almost always alone.. a few people walk there, but, many times I've run into no one. It almost immediately puts me into a meditative state.. I can't think about anything that's bothering me.. it just sort of .. leaves. when I leave I feel almost reborn.. Sometimes it takes a few trips, because the problems don't just go away, but.. eventually I stop worrying about them completely.

Sir, I believe Mandoon is dry humping the pagan.
    We should make an MW Energy Map of the US We can plot all of our little "spots" in case any other MW'ers live in our area and are ignorant, or someone is passing through and wants to see.
    ~NITEFALLE~
    Pagan Tart, High Priestess of the Soli-Tarty Path

My heroes have always been cowboys, and they still are, it seems
    Always in search of, and one step in back of,
    Themselves and their slow-movin' dreams
    ~Willie Nelson~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's some photos...Golden Gate Park was mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitefalle View Post
    We should make an MW Energy Map of the US We can plot all of our little "spots" in case any other MW'ers live in our area and are ignorant, or someone is passing through and wants to see.
    Somebody's beautiful website has gorgeous Golden Gate Park photos:

http://www.imagegoddess.com/imagegoddess/ggpark.html

I admired this site for capturing such lovely segments of this large and scenic park.

Actually for me, I've bicycled and walked by many marshy streams in California where egrets and cranes walk or stalk. There's something otherworldly about them. Sometimes I see swans bowing their head--but they have a more real-world reason to eyeing the passing walker in hopes of tidbets.

So when I happen upon egrets and cranes, they seem poised between something natural and something unusually beautiful for me. Just a personal reflection...

And sometimes when I come across the dragonfly or damselflies patrolling their small spaces or see the flash of a hummingbird, it's the accident and delight that I've happened near their haven.

Once in awhile, a bird may carol warning when I walk by--and if I whistle, they also reply.

I once found a knitting store near my drumming class and the beautiful fibers, lists of classes, even a fire going in one central room made me awed...I lingered and decided sometime in February, maybe will take a color and knit class on a weekend if I had the time...I only wished it had been a store selling tea, books or my usual home joys...

Other than that, walking into some bookstores and stores that sell tea products or serve tea will smell so heavenly after walking in the brisk and bitter wind...sometimes having a teapot steaming, with a nice book or DVD or notebook and my tarot cards nearby after my own walk or cycling makes me believe in a 'haven on earth!'

Running to my teapot...and a cuppa darjeeling

Cerulean_Damselfly
    Last edited by Cerulean_damselfly; January 1st, 2007 at 10:18 PM.
    steadfast Nature, secretwise—
    Thou seedling child of that old stem—
    Kindled anew thy dark-bright eyes.
    - Alice Meynell, 1923

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nearly any rock outcrop, especially with huge boulders or exposed faces of rock I can climb and lay on. I get electrified and transported to a totally different state of mind, it feels timeless, when I am there.

Waterfalls.

The Grand Canyon.

I have a small outcrop in the backyard. Pretty plush.

cheddar

I went on a drama camp for a week in rural New Zealand. I had a shared room with a friend in a little lodge, and the kitchen (huge kitchen to accommodate regular classes of campers) was big and open and ramped out naturally into the grass outdoors. All the buildings were very open, the doors hardly ever shut, and it was easy to wander further into the bush so that you couldn't see any buildings at all. It was absolutely lovely, I hadn't felt that good in a long time, and only have again once.

And come to think of it, that second time was also outback New Zealand. I got to stay in a Marae, a sacred building of the Maori culture - you can't enter with shoes, no food, no drinking, no cigarettes. It's just one big open space with carvings all over. It was an awesome atmosphere. The other buildings were big open dining halls and kitchens, and outside was all rural farmland.

I need to marry rich so I can live in rural NZ forever.

for me, it was standing atop the mountain Chimmney Top in the Smokies National Park in tennessee; I've never felt so at peace or connect with nature than I was then; I'm currently making plans of going back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HAIL!

the first one I had was a place called Bridal Veil Falls here in Utah, just up Provo canyon, it was a hike to get up there but there was nothing nicer then sitting under those falls especilly with a nice breeze blowing

Now adays when its not my own yard, which I have worked very hard to make it into a Haven, its up soapstone canyon not far from Duschane Utah I climb to the very top and it flattenes I always get a special feeling like I belong there, I can over look the valley, I can actually invision what it looked like once indian teepees and all, I think it may be a past life thing - we also find tons of petrified wood, crystals, agate, flint and so forth there
    Being powerful is like being a lady If you have to tell people you are, you aren't

Advanced Paganism, Meditation
    and Books Forum Guide
    and also a writer for MW Magazine

Serenity is not freedom from the storm..it is peace during the storm

:fpraise: many thanks to Patriciaj for great banner

Its your life..live it as you like

myspace.com/Mydnitejazmine

my covens site
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archaic_silvermoon/

Does Starbucks count? Im never more at peace than having a cup of coffee in my hand. j/k

I have two places. My first is Mt. Shasta. Growing up I lived on stories from my Grandpa about the little people that live there. I havent been in years but seeing pictures or when Im close enough to actually see her it just makes my heart stop.

My other place is Crater Lake. I have only been there once but it felt so alive and full of energy. The story of Crater Lake just fills me with wonder.

"Local Native Americans witnessed the collapse of Mount Mazama and kept the event alive in their legends. One ancient legend of the Klamath people closely parallels the geologic story which emerges from today's scientific research. The legend tells of two Chiefs, Llao of the Below World and Skell of the Above World, pitted in a battle which ended up in the destruction of Llao's home, Mt. Mazama. The battle was witnessed in the eruption of Mt. Mazama and the creation of Crater Lake."

From here
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

There's a park by my house called Maple Woods Park. It's woods with a walking trail. There's a clearing there I like to just go and meditate at. I feel closer to my Gods there than anywhere.

Way to revive a great thread!

Mine is from my childhood. I would put on a sweatshirt with a hoodie, and lay on the perfect green grass in the dead of winter in Okinawa, Japan.. on a hill behind my apartment building. Time and space was lost and often my parents would have to come find me just staring off into the perfect clear skies and green hillsides with tombs and Japanese shacks built into them. I knew right then I was extremely lucky to be there and I soaked up every minute of it.

When I think of peace and meditative states, I always remember that.
    I am... Witchy Woman Incognito
    “Although only breath, words which I command are immortal.” - Sappho

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast