Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pagan Themed Fiction

This thread is such a valuable resource I just had to make it a sticky one so it doesn't get overlooked.

Great posts everyone!

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mrsellars View Post
    Gushing? I can't say as that I've ever had anyone gush over me before. Thanks! *Grin*

So, are you going to swing by and say hello to Dorothy and me at Moonstones next month?
    If I had any idea what and where Moonstones was ...

I am the religious right. Just not the religion most people expect.

Contrary to popular belief, Hello Kitty is not my totem animal.

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    Become the change you wish to see in the world.
    The Cellar

May 22nd Moonstones - Pittsburgh, PA (7-9PM)

Store Website: http://www.moonhaven.com/

Murv
    M. R. Sellars
    Author of The Rowan Gant Investigations
    Harm None * Never Burn A Witch * Perfect Trust * The Law Of Three * Crone's Moon * Love Is The Bond * All Acts Of Pleasure * The End Of Desire * Blood Moon * Miranda (Coming 2009)
    www.mrsellars.com

Duh...

Chalk it up to me being old...

Apparently I got Pittsburgh confused with Philly...Sorry about that...

But...Is Philly somewhere near Bethlehem or New Hope? We are going to be at Ostara* (Bethlehem) on the morning of the 23rd and Mystickal Tymes (New Hope) that evening.

Murv
    M. R. Sellars
    Harm None * Never Burn A Witch * Perfect Trust * The Law Of Three * Crone's Moon * Love Is The Bond * All Acts Of Pleasure * The End Of Desire * Blood Moon * Miranda (Coming 2009)
    www.mrsellars.com

Pittsburgh is a little far to the west ... I managed to find my way to your schedule ... New Hope and Bethlehem, however, are on my side of the state, so it would come down to "If I'm not working."

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    The Cellar

Yep...caught that right after I posted the reply...

Sorry. My brain is a little fried at the moment. Been living in Rowan's world for a few weeks trying to meet deadline.

Murv
    M. R. Sellars
    www.mrsellars.com

Energy to you, but YAY DEADLINE! I can't wait to find out what happens next.

The Cellar

Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon is lovely, as are the other related books (The Forest House, Ancestors of Avalon, Priestess of Avalon, etc).
    The truth against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiamma View Post
    I'm not familiar with those books.

But I do know some non-knight-and-dragon fantasies that I would recommend.

-Jaqueline Carey's Kushiel's Legacy books (There's one completed trilogy, and another one with it's second book slated for release in June)

-Kristen Britain's Green Rider books

-I believe it was Sara Douglas that wrote a couple of books based on Greek mythology, I don't know titles offhand though.

-Elizabeth Hand's Waking The Moon- this book is addictive. I think I went through withdraw when it was over. Contemporary setting

-Kelly Armstrong's Women Of The Otherworld books- I've read Dime Store Magic and Industrial Magic so far. Again, they're contemporary fantasy, fun to read. They're not actually pagan themed though.

-I haven't read any of her books...but a lot of these look interesting: http://www.pccast.net/
    I've read Kelly Armstrong's books and I really love them, not really Pagan-themed, although they are about witches (and vampires, sorcerors, demons, etc), but they're great, IMO.

I loved the part in Dime Store Magic, when people discovered Paige was a witch, and she got all these Wiccan Goddess worshippers coming to the front of her house, acting very flaky.

And, I really want to get Elizabeth Hand's books (Waking the Moon and a few others).

The rest of your list looks pretty cool too.

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison is an excellent book. I wasn't terribly thrilled with the vampire side story, but it certainly didn't detract from the overall read!
    ~ Cheers! ~

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy & good with ketchup.

Stop your ceaseless, senseless babble! If you will not dig deeper than your shallow perceptions, then I shall put this shovel to better use and open your mind the hard way. *waves shovel threateningly*

The worm in the apple is just extra protein: shut up and eat it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast