Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pagan Themed Fiction

is offline Walking the Labyrinth following her call
    The Dawn Stag and The White Mare by Jules Watson are beautiful books and the Circle of Nine Trilogy by Josephine Pennicott wasn't too bad either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

☆~☽✪☾~☆Labrynth☆~☽✪☾~☆

Me - "I dont know what i am and its frustrating!"
    Aset - "You may not know what you are, but you know who you are, and that is far more powerful than any label man could give you."

Nora Roberts Three Sisters Island Trilogy: Dance Upon the Air, Heaven and Earth, Face the Fire was rather well done for a witchy fiction. I liked them. She seemed to understand a little about the process. Of course, it is fiction.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones... it's based off of a Pagan view of Faeries combined with Humans. *Ehhh more medieval combined with 21st century stuff. Nothing too flauncy... no dragons or anything.

Gah! How have I never until now thought to add Mama Day by Gloria Naylor to this list?

I adore this book. It's such an amazing portrayal of a folk magic tradition, and it makes me cry every time I read it (probably shouldn't have brought it on my honeymoon....).
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

Anne Bishop's Black Jewel Trilogy. SOOOOO good. This woman KNOWS what it is to be a bookaholic. She's created a wonderful world and you feel as though you get to know the characters. Also, she's not afraid to put a little sex in the story. WOOT Sexy time!
    ~Official MW Goddess of Hysterical Laughter~

"The 20th century, my century, was the century of bloodshed. I think the 21st century should be the century of dialogue." --His Holyness the Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    Anne Bishop's Black Jewel Trilogy. SOOOOO good. This woman KNOWS what it is to be a bookaholic. She's created a wonderful world and you feel as though you get to know the characters. Also, she's not afraid to put a little sex in the story. WOOT Sexy time!
    I think that sounds familar, I may try and check it out, it sounds quite cool, is it supernatural-based at all? (those are the types of books I like).

Some of the authors I read write with a pagan tilt, but are also under the heading of mysteries. One such auther is Dolores Stewart Riccio who wrote Circle of Five, Charmed Circle, Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble, and Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief. She has written others beyond these, but her publisher is not being very receptive towards getting them into print and onto shelves. I've also read the Avalon series by Marion Zimmer Bradley, and a few others like Madelyn Alt, Alice Hoffman, Kay Hooper, and Shirley Damsgaard. These ladies write fiction, and they are a light break from the otherwise rather dark fare I tend to lean toward at times.
    Last edited by Ladybug1258; May 24th, 2008 at 12:08 AM.

My "to read list" is getting bigger and bigger while i am staying in this thread!lol Here are some suggestions from me:

-Wicca/Sweep(US Title) by Cate Tiernan. Young adult fiction. This series introduced me to the Craft.
    -The Firebrand by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Featuring the Trojan War and Cassandra.
    -Of course Mists of Avalon,The Forest House and The Fall of Atlantis by MZB again.
    -The EarthSea quartet as well as Tales of Earthsea by Ursula LeGuin.
    - Old magic byMarianne Curley
    -Sea Priestess by Dion Fortune.

Oh, the summer time is coming,
    And the trees are blooming,
    And the wild mountain thyme
    Grows around the blooming heather.

Hi

I dont know if this counts as Pagan orientatid but i find the Books from David Eddings and Mary H Herbert are queite Pagan orientated.

Greetings Lhiya

is offline By Wind, Flame, Stone, and Rain...
    Anne Bishop's trilogy beginning with "The Pillars of the World" takes its entire worldsetting straight out of Wiccan mythos (or at least it sure seemed that way to me when reading through it - a non-Pagan probably wouldn't pick up on it).
    I find signatures distracting, thus I have them turned off. So if you can see this, I can't see yours.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast