Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Pagan Themed Fiction

Brida by Paulo Coelho

The english translation of Brida by Paulo Coelho is due to be released. Is anyone planning on reading this, or look at the Amazon review to see if you'd like to? I'd like to read and discuss with others.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsfoamy View Post
    The english translation of Brida by Paulo Coelho is due to be released. Is anyone planning on reading this, or look at the Amazon review to see if you'd like to? I'd like to read and discuss with others.
    Thank you!
    I can't wait to read it! :D
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

|myspace|facebook|paganspace|

"But in her web she still delights
    To weave the mirror's magic sights,
    For often thro' the silent nights
    A funeral, with plumes and lights
    And music, went to Camelot;
    Or when the Moon was overhead,
    Came two young lovers lately wed.

'I am half-sick of shadows' said the Lady of Shalott."

Yay! Me too!

For those who like young adult fantasy - the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray. (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, the Sweet Far Thing) Overall, it isn't pagan... it takes place in Victorian England and it has to do with the place of women [they hardly had one]- breaking through it and making your own path.
    When it comes to the fantasy aspect of it.. there is tons of pagan imagery, symbols, themes... I wasn't expecting it when I picked up the books, but it was cool to come across them. There really is A LOT!
    I picked up the first book right around the time I started looking into paganism, and I just finished the last one - a few years later.
    They can be a bit fluffy - like I said, it's young adult. But I love them nonetheless. Haha.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

|myspace|facebook|paganspace|

"But in her web she still delights
    To weave the mirror's magic sights,
    For often thro' the silent nights
    A funeral, with plumes and lights
    And music, went to Camelot;
    Or when the Moon was overhead,
    Came two young lovers lately wed.

'I am half-sick of shadows' said the Lady of Shalott."

The Dies The Fire series by S.M. Stirling has a heavy pagan aspect, err well one fo the two 'Main' characters does.

Quote Originally Posted by hitsuzen View Post
    For those who like young adult fantasy - the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray. (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, the Sweet Far Thing) Overall, it isn't pagan... it takes place in Victorian England and it has to do with the place of women [they hardly had one]- breaking through it and making your own path.
    When it comes to the fantasy aspect of it.. there is tons of pagan imagery, symbols, themes... I wasn't expecting it when I picked up the books, but it was cool to come across them. There really is A LOT!
    I picked up the first book right around the time I started looking into paganism, and I just finished the last one - a few years later.
    They can be a bit fluffy - like I said, it's young adult. But I love them nonetheless. Haha.
    It sounds kind of cool, maybe I might pick it up one day .

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherCC View Post
    The Dies The Fire series by S.M. Stirling has a heavy pagan aspect, err well one fo the two 'Main' characters does.
    Thanks for that recommendation, I'll look it up, and try and pick it up one day .

2 books that i consider quite excellent w somewhat of a pagan theme are Natasha noshterts season of the witch, and Neil Gaimans-graveyard book, there very good reads.

OK, feeling dumb now...how 'bout The Pagan Anthology of Short Fiction?
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"

The three M.R. Sellars books I've read thus far were excellent! I'm completely stunned to find posts by him in this thread and my ears are ringing with this knowledge now running through my head. "Crone's Moon", "The Law of Three", and "Never Burn a Witch" were all wonderful and when I find a job again, I am certainly getting "Blood Moon" for starters! I just need to rest after each one because Rowan Linden Gant is constantly getting himself into seriously dangerous situations that result in bloodshed, and permanent scarring. His Irish wife sounds like she'd be the life of any party.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast