View Poll Results: Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • UFOs

3 2.40%
  • Aliens

8 6.40%
  • Both

77 61.60%
  • Neither

8 6.40%
  • Maybe

22 17.60%
  • Other

7 5.60%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophia View Post
    Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens? Why?
    Yes because the universe is to big for us to be the only intelligent life in it.

If you do believe in them, why do you think they "visit" Earth?
    Research

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?
    I doubt it
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are tweny gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg"- Thomas Jefferson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is offline walking the road to see where it leads
    Aliens? Without a doubt. UFO's? Sure... Connected? Prolly not. Why? Well, as astronomically huge as the probability for life on other planets go (almost an endless amount of different galaxies so in effect endless amount of planets) how huge is the probability that they would visit our neck of the woods, let alone the milky way? If you don't count the other planets (which are still very probably fertile venues of life in some form or other) Alpha Centari is our nearest star, I just do not believe that other beings would even start to think about visiting this out of the way back water planet, because I can guarantee you that we are far from the center of known universe. The reason for that assurance goes along the line that we humans try to put the ourselves at the center of things... it is in our psychological makeup thanks to
    Orthodox religion. Yet, I have had many wild visions about an intergalactic war whose tides will turn because of a few races like ourselves... Consequentially, my two theorems co-exist more than collaborate. Although, I like the way my friend put it... there is a space station out there where all kinds of different alien species pay an admittance fee to see what those crazy earth creatures are up to... an amusement park ... That sounds insane enough to be true, as is the way life is prone to workout. I have felt certain energies while in New Mexico that would lead me to believe that the US has not abandoned the psychic program, the being I felt on different occasions was always the same. Huge, looming, gigantic, human (barely) in origin, and a new soul that hadn't had time to enjoy a normal life... by that I mean any kind of life that doesn't involve hidden genetic experiments... although I think this is exactly the kind of thing that has happened in the US for the last century plus... Those "grays" seem more or less like modified humans.
    As far as the pyramids go, there are many great wonders of the world that were created strictly by man (save maybe muses or the such) that still mystify the experts, yet they were evidently made by humans... innovation is in our blood, and I think it is high time we give ourselves that credit. Tesla had many ideas, he invented the first rc boat, to boot it was voice commanded (simple commands "left" "right" "forward" "backward")
    He was discredited because it was so far beyond his times that others thought it had to be magic or a parlor trick... as it turns out, he was highly criticized his whole life, he thought up a primitive design of the laser, and also devoted a part of his life to finding non- human war alternatives that employed regional "lasers" and robotic planes... well... we now have both... the Airborne Laser, and the UAV's, however they are employed for different ends... All I know is that if the pyramids were developed by aliens, then why are there so many different occasions of graffiti on the more obscure places... were the "aliens" being a little sarcastic? Of course,
    historically it might be mitigated to the laps of the immense amount of slaves the Egyptians had, namely the Jews. Easter Island? Dunno, I don't think anyone does... possible... Stonehenge? well, a parallel we have in the states are the mound builders, however, we know that there were mound
    builders... dunno either way, however I am swayed to the fact that humans made both, maybe with the help of other more ethereal cultures like the Fay folk... They are unanimously accepted round the world to one extent or another. I know they exist, but for the sake of discussion, I'll say I BELIEVE they exist. Now, at the end of all this rambling, that is to say that someone had the patience to read this far... I will say that I am Aquarius, and being of the house of thinkers, sometimes things that may appear evident to us, might seem very unkempt to others... or at least askew... either way, sorry for the massive amount of speech with which I have purveyed... and as far as Tesla goes, there might be some to dismiss those claims as conspiracy theory, as I have no references readily available to display... yet I will find them if asked.
    Last edited by thought_on_a_wind; September 23rd, 2007 at 07:18 AM.

YES... statistically.

If you don't believe in them, how do you explain the many sightings?

If you have seen them, why did you think they showed themselves to you?

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?
    yes I belive aliens exist... No I don't particularly know of any evidence that proves they have been here... but statisticall y it would be hard to believe we are a lone.

plus recent Mars data implies that where ever there is water in a liquid form there is life.
    Mitakuye Oyasin

If you don't believe in them, how do you explain the many sightings?

If you have seen them, why did you think they showed themselves to you?

to say that UFO's fon't exist is ignorant and even foolish,

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object....

therefor, anything that is flying or otherwise airborne, that is not identified, is a UFO

so UFOs do exist..

but the origin of a UFO is another subject alltogether...

as for aliens, I believe that do to the numerous number of planets in aour galxy, and the seemingly infinite galaxies in our universe, that in would be very close-minded to believe that life couldn't have evolved elsewhere aswell, what makes aour little blue sphere so special...

and as a matter of fact, we have found very primitive life in space, such as microrobes, from Mars....

weather there is intelligent life on other planets, is another thing aswell, but again, if there is life out there, some of it, if only a small degree would have gained intelligence, as we see it anyway.

perhaps the biggest thing of debate is weather or not they are visiting earth, you can argue that they would be way to advanced to be interested in us, and that if they really were that advanced that surely we would not be able to see them... of course you can also argue that if they, as a race, are more advanced and experienced than our own, their methods may be so inconceivable to us, and/or that there interested may be completely different.

Frankly, I hope there is intellegent life out there, it would mean that we aren't alone, that we have galactic neighbors, that there are more ideals and culture out there than we could have ever imagines... think of the diversity in our world alone, but what about numerous worlds, their history, culture, ideals..... It would be a golden age...
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

is offline The Treacherous Human Scumbag
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoJesi View Post
    you can argue that they would be way to advanced to be interested in us
    Considering humanity's professions include everything from anthropologists to virologists, I've never really understood that argument.
    Patrick Stewart
    {Historian|Writer|Memeticist|Artist|Transhumanist|Blogger} {in}errant
    Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
    "Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds... to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." - Ellison S. Onizuka
    "The scorn of Nazis is a benediction." - Little Billy
    "Squick is not a valid moral compass." - Chamelaeon

Did I really just attack you?

Today's Logical Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Zibblsnrt View Post
    Considering humanity's professions include everything from anthropologists to virologists, I've never really understood that argument.
    which is why I said you could argue... I don't agree with that either

I forgot:

and, yes, UFO's have influenced history, especially in the past 50+ years (Roswell = movies, interest in sci-fi, thinking....)

farther back than that, I do believe so, there have been paintings, )cave, renesaunce (sp), other) among other mediums that depict UFO's

Quote Originally Posted by Zibblsnrt View Post

With all due respect , I go you one better , Zbblsnrt :

Considering humanity's professions range from
    human waste recycler , to quantum physicists ...etc...

Anyone got anything better ?

Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens? Why? UFO's I wouldn't call it that. I'd call it "Universal Travel " and look we're on our way they are trying to charter a craft of some sort to run space tours. Aliens, I'm sorry I don't like that name either the government made up. I prefer "Universal Life" I believe this is to big of a Universe just for us.

Maybe they study us and how we grow. Like we study and learn about things here on Earth and in space. It's natural to want to learn about something different! Maybe the things we do is seen as an abduction and probing...............We tag animals, now we're putting things under their skin. Well where did we think up that one from.................And now there's even talk about doing the same things to humans so they don't get lost or abducted by murders.

Definately, They would have to be an advanced race to live out in the universe. We can't do it yet! You hear talk about Atlantis, Egyptian myths and other cultures from times past having advance knowledge. Well, tell me how we would go from ape to caveman to so much knowledge to this.

Personally I don't believe in the ape theory to humans.
    And out of nothingness the first man Adam appears?
    Think of it, maybe we are all part of "Universal Life".
    Adam was the first.
    (Just fooling with you a bit....I bet I got someone thinking though)
    Last edited by Autumn Clair; February 8th, 2008 at 10:29 AM.

http://mailartinternational.forumco.com/default.asp
    I trade so much my address is "The Post Office"
    I enjoy trading atc's, collage pages, traveling journals, matchbox fills, pen pal letters, postcards and much more.............

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Clair View Post
    Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens? Why? UFO's I wouldn't call it that. I'd call it "Universal Travel " and look we're on our way they are trying to charter a craft of some sort to run space tours. Aliens, I'm sorry I don't like that name either the government made up. I prefer "Universal Life" I believe this is to big of a Universe just for us.
    The government didn't create the term alien, it means foreign or diferent.

illegal aliens = illegal foreigners

Definately, They would have to be an advanced race to live out in the universe. We can't do it yet! You hear talk about Atlantis, Egyptian myths and other cultures from times past having advance knowledge. Well, tell me how we would go from ape to caveman to so much knowledge to this.
    If memory serves me correctly, Atlantis was said to exist 12,000 years ago, or was that 12,000bc?

either way, taking into account the supposed age of mankind, there is plenty of room in there for it....

and how advanced Atlantis was is up for debate..... they very well may have been advancent, especially from Plato's point of view, but what about from ours? if Plato could see some of the things today...

plus Plato never saw Atlantis, the story was passed on to him, now, I bring that up because stories grow, things are forgotten, little things added.... but most of it was supposedly remained intact, because the person he learned it from learned in from an Egyptian priest, and it was recorded, no such teple/tomb/ect. has been found though.

and no, I'm not a skeptic, I've always been fascinated with Atlantis, the name is , it means something, it stays in your head, like it's important, and there are variations among cultures.

Atlan,Atzlan (Aztec), Atlantis, Antilla.... ect.
    Last edited by Humming Bird; February 8th, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

I didn't say the government created the word aliens I said they chose to call these being aliens. Which I just don't think is the right word for them. The government gives names to everything just like Nasa does.

You miss understood. I hope that clears it up .

My thoughts on Atlantis were that these being affected them.
    If memory serves me correctly, Atlantis was said to exist 12,000 years ago, or was that 12,000bc?

either way, taking into account the supposed age of mankind, there is plenty of room in there for it....

Not that Atlantis didn't exsist during the time it did with mankind.

http://mailartinternational.forumco.com/default.asp
    I trade so much my address is "The Post Office"
    I enjoy trading atc's, collage pages, traveling journals, matchbox fills, pen pal letters, postcards and much more.............

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast