View Poll Results: Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • UFOs

3 2.40%
  • Aliens

8 6.40%
  • Both

77 61.60%
  • Neither

8 6.40%
  • Maybe

22 17.60%
  • Other

7 5.60%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

There may be in alien life someone where out there in the universe.But I don't think the earth has been visited by any sort of alien space craft.
    First of all the lack of physical evidence.Out all of the sightings from around the world .Not one person has a piece of a spaceship or alien spacesuit or anything.
    And the so called sighting are suspect. When the human mind starts to fill in the blanks with dealing with events of that nature.Well the sky is the limit.So this kinda makes me take what people say about ufos with a grain of salt.
    Then there is the grand ufo conspiracy theory that every astronomer around the world is under a strict code of silence by the various goverments to not say anything about ufos.What about the amatuer astronomers are they under the same code?
    So i can say with good confidence that in fact the earth has not been visited by any so of alien spacecraft .

is offline Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
    I believe the fairly recent (in history) surge of UFO sightings and abductions are just the modern way of comprehending the Faery world/Underworld....

If you do a study and really look and see.....the similarities across centuries having to do with Faery and other realms and the current UFO/abduction events are almost identical......

The book "The Faery Fath: An Integration of Science and Spirit" by Srena Roney-Dougal is an excellent read on this very subject.

Here is the book on google, if you want to read quite a bit of it!

http://books.google.com/books?id=iYj...esult#PPP12,M1
    Winter Rouses All My Grief

I guess i believe in them because i have no reason not too, if that makes sense.

Logic dictates that we are not alone in the universe, and i figure that they might be curious about who they are sharing the universe with. I dont' think they are malicious, and they may have been beneficial to us in our history (and yes, i do think they play a part, i have yet to be able to coherently articulate exactly what that may be, but a part nonetheless)

I think witches, of all people, are attuned to the weird.
    That's how we get our rep, I suppose.
    -snapdragon-

Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens? Why?
    -Because I wouldn't want to join MUFON if I didn't.

If you do believe in them, why do you think they "visit" Earth?
    -Why does humanity explore? Knowledge and just because.

If you have seen them, why did you think they showed themselves to you?
    -I have no clue.

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?
    Maybe. But do I believe that they helped build any of our past engineering feats? No. Ancient man was far smarter than we give credit for today.

yeah i do believe in them just like other people do. because if you think about it, the world is just too big. our galaxy is part of a bigger galaxy which maybe also part of another galaxy. life is not impossible to live in other galaxies. our earth is like a grain of sand in a big sandbox. their has been traces of water on planet mars. water is a main constituent in finding for the presence of life. so it's not that impossible to think that before our world their may be other worlds out there.

If you don't believe in them, how do you explain the many sightings?
    n/a

maybe they visit earth because they also want to study our way of life. study us humans and compare how we look to them. maybe they also want to try and communicate with us so we would know that they exist. but in the same ay with us maybe they are afraid that we would consider them as hostile and we would hurt them. maybe one day they would really try to communicate with us.

i've never had an alien encounter in my life. but i really want to see one ufo or a face to face alien encounter. that would really be cool.

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?
    i believe so, maybe these aliens have lived a billion years earlier than us. there had been evidences that egyptians had drawings and markings of the solar system on their pyramids. at that age the telescope wasn't even created yet. it would be impossible if they only stared at the sky and they could see other planets. there has been aslo some drawings in some pyramids that egyptians were communicating to some tall creatures. it was never mentioned whether these tall figures are the leadres in their society portrayed by tall people to signify power or authority. but maybe it could also be some other kind of life forms too. nobody knows, thos heiroglyphics could never be fully translated.

Might there be life on other planets? Yep, and it sure is fun to read about, even if it turns out not to be true.

I believe in both. But not that the 2 are related. Or maybe they are. I don't know. I've been suspecting that U.F.O's are time machines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Grey View Post
    IF there are Aliens that can visit Earth, they would have to conquer a few problems that face humanity.

Such as the Laws of General Relativity; It would seem apparent that they would possess faster than light travel, which would mean physics as we know it are wrong and/or incomplete. Or they have not only discovered but have control over Exotic Matter or something akin to it.
    I tend to believe physics as we know it is wrong and incomplete. We are human after all There is too much unexplained even in our solar system much less the galaxy or the universe. We still do not understand gravity completely. We can't base what we are able observe here on earth as the norm for the entire universe. Also physics is a field like any other when it comes to status quo, new ideas on how things could work are not accepted with open arms...

I don't believe by a long shot that we are anywhere near the smartest beings in the universe... we can't even get past our primitive tribal warfare. I think there are much older civilizations in the universe that have visited us, but really didn't find us hairless monkeys interesting until we figured out how to split the atom... that's probably why there has been more UFO siting since then.
    Last edited by Winter_wolf; April 5th, 2009 at 02:47 AM.

I picked Other

I do in a limited sense. I believe extraterrestrial aliens exist out there, but I don't know about here. I believe that its possible for them to come, I just don't see enough evidence to believe they have. Even after UFO sitings. I saw 3, 2 near a military base, and 1 was ball lightning.

I have many explainations, and no I do not no everything. I saw many that are caused by the sun, by lightning, by test aircraft and by well known aircraft. Some I don't have explainations for, but that isn't enough for me to say they are extraterrestrial.

Ummm.......I believe they out there haven't reached here. But UFO's are here because there are constantly new aircraft that are misidentified, many rare phenomenons being seen more often due to more people to see them.

I seen UFO's because I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see them. As for showing themselves to me, I doubt ball lightning knew I was there, the test aircraft didn't know I was there till after it flew over, if at all.

I have absolutely no evidence to believe they have, so no. But i am openminded to be proven wrong. I just don't believe they have and highly doubt it.

Yes. It's ignorant to think that we are the only intelligent life forms in all of existence.

I do believe in them. But I do think that many of the sightings are people craving attention. Sane people would keep the sighting off the media.

To study us. I think they're waiting for us to become more advanced.

I haven't. Probably to study my reaction, try to communicate. Or to test on me which I would not prefer O.o

OH yeah. I believe they had a major influence over the many wonders of earth. The Pyramids from all over the world, Easter Islands, Stone Hinge, etc.
    I mean.. If I were an alien who had nothing better to do, I'd totally convense a lesser race that I was a devine being. lol.
    Then there's that theory that we came from Mars and gave up technology or lost it...
    Reality is only an illusion...Albeit a very persistent one.~Einstein

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast