View Poll Results: Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • UFOs

3 2.40%
  • Aliens

8 6.40%
  • Both

77 61.60%
  • Neither

8 6.40%
  • Maybe

22 17.60%
  • Other

7 5.60%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophia View Post
    Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens? Why?
    I believe in the possibility of extra-terrestrial life, but I've never seen a UFO or an alien, or had any kind of experience to make me actively believe in them.

If you don't believe in them, how do you explain the many sightings?
    I don't.

If you do believe in them, why do you think they "visit" Earth?
    I don't know, but if they're coming here to live here, they ought to at least pay taxes.

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?
    Not particularly.
    My God is a real Ass; He butchered the Dying-and-Rising Lord, He stole the Eye from the Hawk, He sires the Children of Rebellion, and He lusts after God and Goddess alike. Every green and growing thing shrivels into dust at His touch; every convention is violated by the seed of His loins. He brings drought and infertility to the land, and He has no respect for the crook or the flail. Yet without Him, the slave would never break free from his bondage, the evil serpent would devour the sun, and the future would never come to pass.

The song of the tempest is His name.

Khepher-I-Suti

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophia View Post
    I believe that extraterrestrial life is possible. But most probably just at the microbial stage. Very slim chance that they're sentient. But, I will refrain from an absolute statements until hard evidence is shown.
    Thus- Aliens? Maybe. Alien UFOs? Hell no.

People see things they way they want them to. Despite more reasonable explanations. But I don't know it all in detail, so I can't reiterate every single scientific, rational alternative given for the "alien sightings".

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?
    hug no. For one, it's just plain ridiculous; second, it downplays the achievements of humanity, something I just cannot abide.
    Last edited by Louisvillian; April 26th, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillian View Post
    hug no. For one, it's just plain ridiculous; second, it downplays the achievements of humanity, something I just cannot abide.
    I feel like it also downplays the Gods too, or at least the idea that the Gods were aliens or something like that. Stargate is all right as far as fiction goes, but I just can't stomach "non-fiction" things like Chariots of the Gods.
    My God is a real Ass; He butchered the Dying-and-Rising Lord, He stole the Eye from the Hawk, He sires the Children of Rebellion, and He lusts after God and Goddess alike. Every green and growing thing shrivels into dust at His touch; every convention is violated by the seed of His loins. He brings drought and infertility to the land, and He has no respect for the crook or the flail. Yet without Him, the slave would never break free from his bondage, the evil serpent would devour the sun, and the future would never come to pass.

The song of the tempest is His name.

Khepher-I-Suti

It really annoys me when people think that the ancients were of inferior minds and couldn't do anything great just because they didn't have modern tech. These ancient people were of equal minds, and apparently far more resourceful with the materials they had, because of what they with their own hands built.

I think that if they really thought about what was built, they would realize that the ancients had both the tech and means to get the job done.

by the way, the myth that the pyramids were built with no flaws and were absolutely perfect is easily debunked. The Pharaohs chamber had to be moved because they messed up while making the roof. There is a huge crack in the pyramid that they had to examine, and they think the pharaoh Khufu had to be buried elsewhere.

I will look for a link, but I read about it in a national geographic magazine about some research done by Zahi Hawass.

We do not have any device capable of doing some of the things that were done in egypt.

For example, there is a 200 ton statue that was moved a great distance...

There is nothing in existance that we know of that could do this even today.. 200 Tons??

I am not saying that ET's did it, but perhaps it is possibile that Ancient Egypt and the Mayans were in possession of knowledge and abilities we do not...
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for
    Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Hmm... I don't know. Not because I don't think it is possible but I believe if there were offical aliens there wouldn't be such a hype around them.

Ever considered our fellow man might be doing this? I think it more likely. If people are truly getting abducted and abused by 'aliens' have they considered that it may be an advanced form of plane and that they are testing all sorts on them?

If I believed in them... i'd say because we are an extremely destructive race and it would probably be entertaining to watch us destroy each other.

If you have seen them, why did you think they showed themselves to you?
    Haven't seen em.

Well, I don't think they have had anything to do with our technology and architecture, however, there are many myths... however, I think it more likely for them to be spirits than aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander67 View Post
    We do not have any device capable of doing some of the things that were done in egypt.

For example, there is a 200 ton statue that was moved a great distance...

There is nothing in existance that we know of that could do this even today.. 200 Tons??

I am not saying that ET's did it, but perhaps it is possibile that Ancient Egypt and the Mayans were in possession of knowledge and abilities we do not...
    200 tons? What weighed that much? I'm sure they've bult bigger stuff, the only thing preventing us is economic freedom.

To be honest, what the Ancient Egyptians, Mayans and other civilizations did is great for their tech level, but it can be done. Some of what they did, like make 100% pure iron, is a mystery to us, that doesn't mean we can't do it, we either don't know how or don't have the resources to do so.
    ......with liberty and justice for all;
    For all means for all without exceptions!

What is more valuable than liberty? Nothing, not even my own life. As without liberty, is life really worth living?

"those who would give up a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

"Don't Tread on Me" - Forgot

I believe in alien life on other planets. Of COURSE UFOs are real...that's why they are called UFOs. We don't know *what* they are. More than likely they are experimental aircraft from one of the world governments. I do not believe that the Gods of our Ancestors however, were aliens. That's just silly.

In Life on other planets, yes. We cannot be the only life out there.
    Mass Hysteria.
    I don't think that they do.
    If you have seen them, why did you think they showed themselves to you?
    I have not seen them
    I do not. I think if they come here to our boring little blue marble, it's as tourists. We just aren't that interesting.
    Last edited by Allytria; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: didn't stick to topic well.

I believe in both..since I think they are related to each other.

This universe is so huge we can't even imagine it..and it is constantly expanding. It's kind of selfish to believe we are the only ones who exist in the entire universe. Just because there aren't earthlike conditions anywhere near us, doesn't mean there aren't beings created that can withstand those conditions..our own planet is filled with countless other species that withstand things we cannot..

The universe is old, too..I kinda like the idea that other humans in far away galaxies have already advanced over millions of years and deposited life forms on this planet to see how it flourished..and they check up on us every now and then. Maybe some live among us. We may be evolving into creatures like them. It's really no more bizarre a thought than a bearded man in the sky clapping his hands and out comes two fully developed people.. :P

Anyway, I have experienced one very memorable UFO experience with my whole family.

I was about 6 or 7. My younger siblings and I were riding back home late one night with our parents from their friend's house. We were driving into town and approaching an overpass. We saw a BRIGHT blue light flashing and moving very quickly along the overpass..so we thought it was the cops. But then we noticed that the light was not on the overpass but in the sky, and moved to the left of us in the night sky. My parents stopped the car and my dad got out . All I remember is the light hovering way out in the sky and my dad saying, "Let's get the hell outta here!"

My parents confirm the story..and have had one other UFO experience of their own. Whether it was aliens or not, we have not identified it so it remains a UFO :D

Quote Originally Posted by ninurta2008 View Post
    200 tons? What weighed that much? I'm sure they've bult bigger stuff, the only thing preventing us is economic freedom.

To be honest, what the Ancient Egyptians, Mayans and other civilizations did is great for their tech level, but it can be done. Some of what they did, like make 100% pure iron, is a mystery to us, that doesn't mean we can't do it, we either don't know how or don't have the resources to do so.
    Absolutely not. I will get the link for you to show you where I read it but even in the 21st century our most modern equiptment can not place with astrological precision, the amount of 2.5 stone blocks on top of the larger 15 ton and 70 ton blocks used to construct a pyramid. For one thing, there has not been to date anyone that could explain how they were built other than theories. This is why they are still one of the seven wonders of the world.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast