View Poll Results: Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • UFOs

3 2.40%
  • Aliens

8 6.40%
  • Both

77 61.60%
  • Neither

8 6.40%
  • Maybe

22 17.60%
  • Other

7 5.60%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Believe in UFOs and/or Aliens?

I believe in both. I know that some UFOs may simply be top secret aircraft from the military or whatever but some UFOs may also be alien spacecrafts. I do believe in extraterrestrials. I don't know if they have visited earth or not but I believe that they probably have.

Whether or not they are friendly is a different story. Since I believe that there is probably more than one species of extraterrestrial out there, I would say that some are friendly and some are not.

As to whether or not they are intelligent, my answer is pretty much the same as above. Since I believe there is more than one species of extraterrestrial, I believe that some are intelligent and some are not. Whether or not any of them are more intelligent than humans or even capable of space flight, I don't know. I suspect, though, that at least one species is capable of space flight and has probably visited the earth at one point or another history.

Do you believe in UFOs and/or Aliens? Why?
    Yes..I think its arrogant to say we're the only intelligent life in existence. As for UFOs...I don't think its far fetched that some alien species have mastered space flight.

If you do believe in them, why do you think they "visit" Earth?
    curiosity...I think that's a pretty logical reason. As for making direct contact with us: I think it is something they avoid. Advanced civilizations always destroy the less advanced civilization either intentionally or unintentionally. I would think a civilization that can travel through space and have their own history would see that pattern.

If you have seen them, why did you think they showed themselves to you?

never seen one

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?

no..XD. If they had that much influence over us we would be traveling through space by now.

is offline Inner Goddess Of Morbid Thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophia View Post

If you don't believe in them, how do you explain the many sightings?

Do you think they have had some influence over our history, i.e. Egyptian myths, etc.?

I believe in them very much. I think they come to earth either to scout for resources or are just curious. My friend has gotme a little paranoid that it will end up like when the europeans took over north/ south america.
    They may have a small amountof influence onhistory
    Bouncey, Bouncey, Bouncey......

"are the bad people gone?"

commander sheapard: Put more of the stuff in the... the thing more stuff goes in.

Commander Shepard: You think I'm crazy, don't you?
    Urdnott Wrex: Sometimes crazy is the best way to go.

Ashley Williams: Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", they really mean "kiss my ass"?

Yes. I can't believe that we are the only ones out there. In fact, funnily enough, there may be life out there that sees itself as the only life form as well!

N/A

See, I don't. I don't even think that they are aware of us. And if they are...why would they want to? Unless for research purposes or to discover new life for themselves?

N/A

Maybe in some ways, yes.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

I believe in aliens and I believe there are UFO's but I want to elaborate on that- UFO's are Unidentified Flying Objects- the possibility of not being related to aliens is there, so I voted aliens only.

This universe is filled with many possibilities including others like us who have created civilization on other planets

I do believe in them, but the validity of sightings is still up for debate. There are those out there who would gladly fake a sighting for their own enjoyment, when I read about sightings I err on the side of caution always. When I was younger I remember seeing a UFO twice and it definitely was what I would an experience with aliens.

I am still contemplating this one, but the idea of aliens being Gods and Goddesses of various cultures seems like a good answer to me, it is most interesting

I had little fear when I was younger and always believed in things that people deemed as fairy tales or imagination. I just remember shutting up about what I saw or heard because I hated peoples reactions and thought it best to keep it to myself. I think my belief in things unseen and my ability to keep my mouth shut might have been the case? I do not know.

I think there is some influence it could explain a lot of things..
    ~Varia V~

Yep, I most certainly do believe in Aliens. Just hope they're friendlys.
    Sit back and Relax..

I saw two ufo sightings so yes! And I believe there's aliens out there as well.
    The world is so big and there has to be something out there but us.

Be Gentle With The Earth

There number of reported sightings are increasing lately, and within the UN there is a disclosure project. Other nations have came out and told their people that we have been and still are being visited... the USA is still enforcing the embargo on the information..

Some of the UFO shows I have to admit, seem far out but the show Ancient Aliens has some valid points..

There are some people however, who will gladly take your money for a dvd of their lecture or latest channel from Metatron or the Supreme Galactic Commander, don't fall for the scams..
    11 Year Member
    Forum Guide for
    Astrology and the UFO & Extraterrestrial forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander67 View Post
    the show Ancient Aliens has some valid points...
    No. It really, really does not. At all. It's the same "brown people couldn't have built this!", "this scribble looks exactly like an attack helicopter from space if we tell you that's what it is first" bullshit that's been circulating for decades thanks to unqualified would-be-pseudoarchaeologists like von Daniken. Not only is it divorced from archaeological reality - it's a fundamentally racist set of arguments.
    JFGI

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9