Thread: Latin American paths?

Latin American paths?

Something i'm interesting in learning a lot more about is Latin American paths and religions. The only things i know is that Latin America is, predominantly, Catholic, but that there are both indigenous and African beliefs, and also some paths are mixtures of all 3, but where can i learn more about them.

Are there any good sites or books on any of Latin American religions, there's one i'd like to learn a lot more about which is Palo Mayombe, and others.

Any help you can give me would be really appreciated as i really think Latin America is a very cool place and i'd love to learn a lot more about the different religions (and any book on magical beliefs would be great too).

Thanks for any help .

How about looking into Aztec and Mayan paths?
    Madjek

Look into the Mayan, Incan and Aztec pantheon and religions. There are a very small group of people that follow a recon path of these.

There's also Santeria, Macumba, and Candomble. There's more, but I believe those are the most widly known.

There'll also be folkbeliefs mixed with Catholicism.

I don't think all the paths are known though, because people aren't out there recording them or writing books about them. Just like in Africa, we don't know all the folklore, beliefs and medicines of the various people for various reasons. We only know about the most popluar.

Thanks, i'll try and research them more when i have time (right now, i have an essay i have to read for ), i know a few good places to look for Santeria, and the Aztec and Mayan religion, but does anyone know of any good sites on Macumba, Candomble and Palo Mayombe (or any good books on them)?.

Also, are there any good sites on the mixture Catholic beliefs and folk beliefs?.

Thanks .