Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Signifigance of 666

The Signifigance of 666

Konnichi Wa to All:

I was just sitting on the couch Smoking, watching Yellow Submarine, and Studying Wicca Paganism when I had a Flash of Genious Thought of Wisdom.

I have observed that the Third Dimension has Six Directions, which is Forward, Background, Right, Left, Up and Down.

Then I realized that the Fourth Dimension, Time, always has the Six Directions with it, in all three: Past, Present, and Future.

So 6 exists in Past
    and 6 exists at Present
    and 6 exists in the Future:

Or that means 666 is an Important Number in the Time-Space Continuum.

KNR

Hmm interesting,
    I've always felt a personal affinity for the number.

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

It isn't such a 'bad' set of numbers

Quote Originally Posted by TheWomanMonster View Post
    Hmm interesting,
    I've always felt a personal affinity for the number.
    I have to agree with you on that one, The Woman Monster. Hello and how ya doin, btw?? I used to listen to Iron Maiden, quite a few years ago, and could not get enough of the album, 'Number of the Beast=666.. Listened to it all the time, till my parents freaked out and thought I was becoming a devil worshipper, while my step dad is standing there pulling the tape out of the cassette.. I know they were just looking out for my own good, but, come-on..Anyway, one time, I was testing my abilities, and pulled three sixes out of a shuffled deck of cards, and it wasn't a magic 'trick', kinda cool, I thought.. Also the other day, and previous time's before, my total at the store came out to , 6.66, pretty cool, That's all I got ....BB................

666 is also said to be the name of Nero Caesar, at least that's the beast refered to in the Bible. Nero Caesar adds up to 666 in Hebrew (or Greek, I forget which).
    Last edited by Agaliha; January 15th, 2007 at 04:32 AM.

The number 666 in Thelema relates to the Sun, and to The Beast 666, To Mega Therion, Aleister Crowley, our Prophet. Also, 666 was the number of the Stele of Revealing in the Museum that Crowley's wife Rose found for him as evidence of the truth of the discarnate intelligence known as AIWAZ. 666 is a very important number in Thelema.

I heard somewhere that the actualy "number of the beast" in the Book of Revelations was actually 616, and that 666 is a common misconception. *shrugs*
    ~Morgan

"Witchcraft does not need to apologize for involving sex magic. It is other religions which need to apologize for the miseries of puritanical repression they have inflicted on humanity." - Doreen Valiente, Witchcraft For Tomorrow (197

Quote Originally Posted by morganxpage View Post
    I heard somewhere that the actualy "number of the beast" in the Book of Revelations was actually 616, and that 666 is a common misconception. *shrugs*
    I've heard that too...
    616 was my buzzer number at one of my old apartments.
    hehe

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    The Meaning of 666

A similar procedure is expected in the Biblical man’s number in Rev. 13:18. The author probably did not want the name of the person concerned to be known to outsiders and so he encrypted it. At the same time for his fellow Christians it was evidently possible to recognize who the person was.

But already Ireneus in the second century confessed that he did not know who the person represented by the number was. He himself suggested three solutions of which none is completely satisfactory in the light of today’s research. [5]

In the course of history many other more or less satisfactory suggestions were brought up. So the Pope, John Knox, Martin Luther, Napoleon and many others were associated with the beast 666. [6]

"In the course of history many other more or less satisfactory suggestions were brought up. So the Pope, John Knox, Martin Luther, Napoleon and many others were associated with the beast 666"

During World War II somebody even came with the idea that if we consider A as 100, B as 101 etc. the total of the name Hitler comes also to 666. [7] But one of the suggestions comes up as by far the most probable one: Emperor Nero.

If we write Emperor Nero in Hebrew (qsr nrwn) it gives the number of the beast 666. As a premium this solution is strongly supported by the fact that one of the most important manuscripts of the Bible (C - Ephraemi from the 5’th century) has 6 16 in the stead of 666. The support lies in the fact that this number equals to the Latin version of the name - Nero. Thus the two versions of the number correspond to the two versions of his name and the beast would stand for one of the most cruel persecutors of the primitive church. [8]

But at the moment it is not so important for us to decide which particular solution was the right one. Much more important is the fact that Satanism takes this number representing an arch-enemy of Christianity and makes it its own symbol. Here we see that can live only out of opposition to something positive. In this case it takes a Christian means of expression and reverses its meaning. Out of the negative, abhorrent symbol of evil, it makes the symbol of its own religion. In a word: it illustrates very well the Satanistic style of living out of the garbage can of Christianity.

Gematria itself was extensively developed later in all kinds of numerological magic. Already old Greek temples were built according to certain gematric figures. Some scholars find here the linguistic link to geomethria, because in fact it meant to measure the ground [9].

Later all kinds of speculation based on gematria were presented. Not only words of the same total were grouped together and used for philosophical conclusions [10], but even messages of spirits are checked by comparing numbers of their names with numbers of key words of their messages.
    From http://www.dci.dk/?artikel=650

Some links:
    666, The Number of the Beast
    The Name of the Beast
    The Number 666
    Wiki - The Number of the Beast
    The Numerology of the Beast
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Could the number be a reference to the Sun. After all the sum of the numbers of the solar magic square is 666.
    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3469/sun.gif

Quote Originally Posted by plumedsnake View Post
    Could the number be a reference to the Sun. After all the sum of the numbers of the solar magic square is 666.
    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3469/sun.gif
    As I said above, its considered a correspondence for the Sun in Thelema (and Ceremonial Magic). :cheers:
    ~Morgan

"Witchcraft does not need to apologize for involving sex magic. It is other religions which need to apologize for the miseries of puritanical repression they have inflicted on humanity." - Doreen Valiente, Witchcraft For Tomorrow (197

It's also interesting to note that the Whore of Babylon (known in Thelema as BABALON), was another entirely political symbolic representation. I believe that the Whore of Babylon was modelled after Ishtar (whose Preistesses were sacred prostitutes), and the Beast whereupon she rode had seven heads representing seven lands with which the Christians were in conflict.

If you take into account that most of the writing in the Bible is thinly viewed Hebraic and Christian politics, the whole thing takes on a much more interesting dimension. It's a fascinating work of political propaganda. Then start looking at it from a Qabalistic point of view and it'll blow your mind!
    ~Morgan

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast