Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Signifigance of 666

is offline Has renewed faith in human stupidity
    And where did you get the date 12-21-2012 at 20:12 GMT?
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it. "
    -John Stuart Mills

Letter to the Conservative MP, Sir John Pakington (March 1866)

There is a whole thread about the year 2011!
    Last edited by omar; February 11th, 2007 at 04:51 PM.

Both the pentagram and the number 666 relate to the astronomical dynamics of the planet Venus in harmony with the Sun and Earth... There is nothing "evil" about them and petty humans have overblown the significance of these simple facts.

http://www.khaldea.com/planets/venus_type.shtml

The word "Lucifer" also describes Venus in her morning star phase.

Get a grip, people. 666 as some bad omen, the very concept of a "devil", the fallacy of "good" and "evil", and the associated forms of superstition and paranoia are little more than a delusion.
    Last edited by mercuric; February 10th, 2007 at 03:29 AM.

is offline Has renewed faith in human stupidity
    How does 666 make its way in the astrological orientation of Venus? There was no mention of 666 on the website you linked.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it. "
    -John Stuart Mills

Letter to the Conservative MP, Sir John Pakington (March 1866)

Quote Originally Posted by Tadrith View Post
    How does 666 make its way in the astrological orientation of Venus? There was no mention of 666 on the website you linked.
    6 * 6 * 6 = 216 and 6 * 6 = 36 and 936 = 13 * 6 * (6 + 6)

360 / 5 = 72, 72 * 3 = 216, so 666 also = 3/5, or 6 10th's.

Two-hundred and sixteen days (or 6 x 36 days) later, Venus reaches its superior conjunction with the Sun, when it is moving close to its maximum of speed of about 1°15' per day

Two-hundred and sixteen days (6 x 36 days) after the superior conjunction, Venus again reaches its maximum distance from the Sun

successive inferior conjunctions occur about 936 degrees zodiacal degrees apart — that's two circuits around the zodiac, plus 216 degrees or three points of a five-pointed star

phenomenon of Venus occur in steps of thirty-six days or in multiples of thirty-six. Maximum brightness occurs thirty-six days after the inferior conjunction; the next step, maximum elongation occurs thirty-six days later; and the superior conjunction occurs 216 days (or 6 x 36 days) after maximum elongation. In the evening star phase, maximum elongation occurs 216 days after the superior conjunction; maximum brightness takes place thirty-six days following maximum elongation and thirty-six days more brings the inferior conjunction.
    Last edited by mercuric; February 10th, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

is offline MW member of whatever month it is
    you know I got a list of 666 interpretations going. In the church where I grew up a guy who was well respected for his historical and religous insight and general knowingness had the rest of the church convinced it was .666 or 2/3, refereng to a majority rule. (he lived in norway, mabye more of their government is run off 2/3 majority then normal. ) If he was so smart why didn't he know the Romans we'ren't even using that .### system.

Another theroy is that it coresponds to WWW as John might have forseen. (suposedly the roman numeral VI was also writen like \|/).

Nero, when traditionaly converted to hebrew and added (all their letters double as numbers) you get 666 as in six hundred sixty six. Since there was no provable original for revelations there was some descent in the 300s and 400s about which version of the number was correct. All of them (667, 616, 666, ect) where veriations of nero converted hebrew leters. (it's imposible to get a proper conversion between a full phonic written language and a partial litteracy) It was decided at the Council of Nicea that 666 would be used as it was the most likely original since the accepted conversion during neros rule added to 666. The assumption was that scribes had mistakenly copied from memory and did the wrong math to get the number. This made any version with the wrong number look pretty bad.

The trouble with 666 being nero is that the numbers meaning was suposed to be hidden from the scholars. It's not if it's a math and language game.

6 is also the number of points on a star of david, one less then 7 (short of gods number and short of grace) and on this font it kinda looks like a cherry, (or a forbiden fruit)

In conclusion there can be only one true interpretation of the prophetic numbers and by process of elimination I find it to represent 3 forbiden fruit. It means that Fluffy Bunny Wicca and it's 3 fold reed and connections to the kabilistic tree of life and cherry cola will come to rule the world. Only the anti-christ, true spirituality, will replace Fluffy the Beast.
    I have nothing to say in this 'bottom of the post' thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by LordHelmet View Post
    6 is also the number of points on a star of david, one less then 7 (short of gods number and short of grace) and on this font it kinda looks like a cherry, (or a forbiden fruit)

I like that interpretation!

KNR

does the number 666 relate at al to kabbalah and how that path is into things with numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelt View Post
    does the number 666 relate at al to kabbalah and how that path is into things with numbers?
    Yes theres some relation but Quabalah never really uses 666 itself that I'm awear of.

First Khabalah is based heavily on hebrew... hebrew numbers are letters, thus every word is also a number. For instance in their system there's something like (memory here) love = truth = Elohim and love + truth = JHVH

This kind of math letters game is where Nero is related to 666 to begin with.

eisier to understand explination of how the Nero 666 thing works...

N = 600 ( or whatever letter they're using there in Hebrew )
    R = 60 ( Same thing)
    O(1) = 6 (Hebrew letter used in one spelling)
    O(2) = 7 (Hebrew letter used in other spelling)

or perhaps more spellings

N = 600
    R = 10
    O = 6 or 7

616 or even 617

though actualy it would probable be more like

N = 500
    E = 50
    R = 16
    0 = 100

The accepted spelling of Nero in Hebrew as apperantly decided before or at the Council of Nicea was Nero = 666.
    Last edited by LordHelmet; April 20th, 2007 at 10:12 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast