Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Motto: One Card Draw

is offline And All Places Are Alike To Me
    23 January 2007

Dragon tarot
    Ten of Swords
    Hoisted by your own petard.

Aha. I've been waiting for this one to pop up, and it comes two days in a row from different sources. The end is nigh for someone, I hope it's not me but I do seem to be really annoying my mother at the moment.
    "I am the cat who walks by [herself] and all places are alike to me" - Rudyard Kipling, "Just So Stories"

"If you can teach someone to hate, you can also teach them how to love" - Corrie Ten Boom

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" - Native American proverb

"Ask the Green Man where he comes from / Ask the Cup that fills with red / Ask the old grey Standing Stones / That show the Sun his way to bed

"Question all as to their ways / And learn the secrets that they hold / Walk the lines of Nature's palm / Crossed with silver and with gold

"Pass the word and pass the Lady / Pass the plate to all that hunger / Pass the wit of ancient wisdom / Pass the cup of crimson wonder!"

- Jethro Tull, "Cup of Wonder"

DruidCraft Tarot: Five of Cups

Appreciate and honor the past, but do not dwell in it.

((To be honest, this one puzzled me - today I'm cleaning and preparing for my wedding... So I decided to look it up in a few places and found this "Traditionally this card can also represent gifts from someone we have lost", and I will likely receive some of my wedding gifts from my grandmother today. She passed away last April))

is offline And All Places Are Alike To Me
    24 January 2007

Renaissance Tarot
    Four of Wands
    "Raise the song of Harvest Home!"

I guess this means completion of a phase, and usually the card image reminds me of a Jewish chuppah or wedding canopy. So it's probably appropriate that I just wished SentineledFirs a happy wedding - and the tarot reiterated it for me!
    "I am the cat who walks by [herself] and all places are alike to me" - Rudyard Kipling, "Just So Stories"

"If you can teach someone to hate, you can also teach them how to love" - Corrie Ten Boom

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" - Native American proverb

"Ask the Green Man where he comes from / Ask the Cup that fills with red / Ask the old grey Standing Stones / That show the Sun his way to bed

"Question all as to their ways / And learn the secrets that they hold / Walk the lines of Nature's palm / Crossed with silver and with gold

"Pass the word and pass the Lady / Pass the plate to all that hunger / Pass the wit of ancient wisdom / Pass the cup of crimson wonder!"

- Jethro Tull, "Cup of Wonder"

Moon Garden

Ace of Cups

A new beginning...

Good I'm lookin' forward to it, I've been feeling really lousy lately.

SentineledFirs, sorry about your grandma, and congrats on your wedding!!!

Animals Divine Tarot: 6 of Wands
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...gh2/6Wands.jpg

Congratulations, you did good... now get back to work and do even better!

To me this card is about receiving praise for your work, but being reminded not to rest on your laurels. It's like that old saying: "The reward for hard work is more work!"
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Daily Tarot Draw: Jan.26th

Tarot de Marseilles: The Four of Pentacles (upright)
    The meaning of this card is financial security and gradual improvements.

"A period of financial stability is coming, you will be able to make lasting improvements to your situation..."

[Well, I did get confirmation today that I start my new job on February 5th. Within 3 months I could be making as much as $13.50 CDN per hour at 40 hours per week.]

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

Card of the Day January 27th 2007

Sword Four aka Four of Swords

Discription: A sword lies on the alter within a chapel or hermitage.

Background: Although Perceval Learns skill at arms from his uncle, his education is incomplete until he learns from his other, hermit uncle, the ways of the spirit. Traditionally, novice knights laid their swords on the alter before taking their final chivalric vows.

Meaning: Respite, hermetic seclusion, meditation, self-exile or retreat, convalescence, rest, replenishment of spirit, solitude, it is time to reassess one's powers and limitations in quiet seclusion.

The Golden Klimt
    Queen of Wands:
    Today is a changeable but creative time - embrace your confidence and go for it.

(Interestingly, my hubby got the same exact card as I. I'm really in a creative mood too - don't know about him just yet.)
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

28th Jan 2007

Spear Six aka 6 of Wands

Description: Beside a winding river is a ceremonial mound on which sticks a spear with a standard of victory on it.

Background: At the beginning of his reign Arthur successfully defeated 11 kings who were opposed to his rule. He then went on to conquer Scandinavia and Gaul, approaching the very gates of Rome itself.

Meaning: Victory, advancement realized through steady growth, pride in achievements, recognition, intuitively self-confident, ceremonial honours.

jan-28

King of Swords (reversed)
    misuse of the power of fire- the wildfire. a "kill'em all, let the Gods sort them out" attitude.

motto-
    you'll catch more flys with honey tha you will with vinegar

(I had to try to come up with something positive- there's nothing in my life I need to burn away)

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast