Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ruined! Positively Ruined!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Ruined! Positively Ruined!

they RUINED my prom dress. its 2 weeks late, every alteration that was done was done wrong, on a THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR dress, and it has essentially been destroyed. My mum is going to try to salvage it the best she can for me to wear tomorrow night, but considering the woman who did this was supposedly one of the best in town to do it, and this store has screwed us over entirely now, we're asking for a full refund. (See my last post about this for details) I am so BEYOND angry right now. It looks like a ten year old sewed it, not a professional seamstress. If you all could send some energy to me, my mum, and my grandmother while we try to fix my dress tonight, I'd appreciate it. This has been nothing but hell for me...we're thinking about taking legal action against the store, and if not that some serious anti-advertisement is coming out of me, my mum, and my friends. My dress wasn't the only one ruined. I wasn't the only one screwed over. At least 4 other girls from just my school are having the same problem. I can't imagine how many others. *shakes head* well...off to the salt mines...
    Music and Magic,
    <a href="http://lamenta.blogspot.com/">SnowStar</a>

hm did you try to post this as a reply to your other prom dress thread...?

Uh oh is MW glitching again! EEk!

Im so sorry to hear that Snow..I can imagine how you must feel, going to a formal myself in a few weeks. I do hope everything comes out okay and Im sending my blessings!
    MERRY MEET and MERRY PART and MERRY MEET AGAIN

HOW IM CRAVING YOU, YEAH!!!

It reminds me of highschool prom.

Hah that was hysterical. Well for the most part. Then they dedicated a song to a kid from our town who had died the night before in a car accident and everyone started bawling.

Sorry I'm all reminiscing and stuff. Seems like highschool was eons ago

*hugs* Snow, I'm so sorry.
    I know that sucks, and you're angry....*smiles* Remember to take a couple of deep breaths and have fun even if they can't get the dress fixed.

*smiles* I wish I'd worn jeans to my prom...I was so uncomfortable all night.
    Oh Noz Oppression!
    Because life is so much more exciting when you're being persecuted.

Easy English Grammar Lesson:

Your - the possessive form of you

You're - a contraction of "you are"

In fact, *smiles* be a nonconformist. . . :cool: you ought to still enjoy the prom, as long as you're going, no? :D Wear whatcha want.

'Course, I'm probably the wrong person to ask--I never went to my high school prom.

Faith is easy -- until the moment you actually need it.

"Since when are facts subjective?" - Athena_Nadine

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all convictions, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

Hm I wore a long dress which was basically a sleeveless ivory slip dress with a matching lacey overdress. It was very comfortable. *ponders*

OT.....

*smiles* Well I wasn't very popular and didn't like any of the guys in my (very small) high school. So ended up going with a college friend of my sister's.

Upon reflection....I should have just stayed home. Had a heck of a lot more fun going to prom as a sophomore with my then boyfriend.

Prom, smom....*grins and hugs Snow sympathetically* But that's just the ranting of a bitter old woman....:D.....I know how important it can be at the time.

Here's hoping they can get it fixed.
    Oh Noz Oppression!
    Because life is so much more exciting when you're being persecuted.

Easy English Grammar Lesson:

Your - the possessive form of you

You're - a contraction of "you are"

I wore a strapless black dress...black lace over black satin. My hair was done in a french twist, and I had babys' breath in it. One tip..if you are fairly well endowed, and intend to dance, the strapless dress is PROBABLY not the best route to go ..heheh.

Actually..I had a very good friend of mine as my date, my boyfriend had just broken up with me, two days prior to the prom. So I called a good friend of mine, and he and his girlfriend discussed it. She called me back to say that she'd found a date for me. A very sexy, smart, and classy guy...HER FIANCE! LOL. He didn't know the color of my dress, but bought me a coursage which matched, perfectly. Ivory colored roses, and black lace. And he sent me roses. And, we had a wonderful time together.

I'd flip out on the store, too, snowstar! The prom is one of those things which I think females tend to put more emphasis on, then males. Almost every woman I've ever met, said that she either has wonderful memories of her prom, or that she regrets totally, not going. There's just something about looking like, and being treated like, a princess for a night.

As a last minute solution, could you perhaps get a dress from a Filenes store, or something, and not remove the tags, and then return it the next day? Or rent one? Any one you know, who could loan you one for the night?

I know how dissappointed you must be, and I wish you MUCH luck in getting it all straightened out before the big night. Good luck!
    Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

heh I wasn't very popular at school either

that's why my boyfriend was from another city

then we ran into my ex who was there with a friend of a friend, and as I was introducing the bf to people I wasn't sure it was him so I was like "I'm sorry, what's your name again?" and he was really embarassed and I think upset. I guess he wanted to get back together or something. Hah!

I'm so mean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast