Thread: FAQ questions: Theology and Philosophy

is offline Time And Relative Dimension In Space

FAQ questions: Theology and Philosophy

Hi everyone! Part of a site-wide project of adding FAQs to all the subforums, we are going to be introducing a FAQ for Theology and Philosophy.

Basically, this will be a collection of often-asked, often-visited topics with a list of threads that pertain to these topics. We are modelling it, a bit, like the FAQ for New Pagans, if you want to check it out first.

This will take us some time to set up, but we also want to know what YOU think. Which topics do you see coming up again and again? What questions do you think the FAQ should address?

Your feedback is MUCH appreciated; don't be shy! Let us know what you think!
    Before you accuse someone of LYING, please read this first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so we've started.

We've got a few subjects to begin and more planned, but if you have suggestions for topics or questions or if you wish to discuss the FAQ, this is the place. ^_^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Dawa! Nice to see you away from 10th Planet!

I think the starting question should be what is the difference between Theology and Philosophy and where do they overlap?

Quote Originally Posted by roguetamlin View Post
    Hey Dawa! Nice to see you away from 10th Planet!

I think the starting question should be what is the difference between Theology and Philosophy and where do they overlap?
    Hey! Good to see you! Tenth Planet rather ate my life in the run-up to the election, but now with the closure of DWF, I'm sure I'll be here more often again.

Good question. I suppose the easy answer is that theology deals with the nature of deities whereas philosophy deals with the nature of everything else. And that would work out well enough for religions where deity is separate from the rest of everything, but with animistic and immanent deities, the lines get blurred. The hard answer will take more time to think about. ^_^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]