Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aliens appearing in ancient legends?

Aliens appearing in ancient legends?

does anyone think it's possible for the giants in ancient pagan stories are actualy aliens?
    Sin deep my wicked angel

I dont know about that but I heard once that one of the egyptian hyroglyphics (sorry bad spelling) looks like a helocopter and someone that that was a sign of aliens.
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

Quote Originally Posted by Visha'sMommy View Post
    I dont know about that but I heard once that one of the egyptian hyroglyphics (sorry bad spelling) looks like a helocopter and someone that that was a sign of aliens.
    I saw the alleged helicopter and ufo, and I'm not convinced. It looks to me to be a coincidence, they probably tried "correcting" an earlier phrase.

As far as the possibility of mythological beings being aliens... it's possible, I guess, but I wouldn't personally count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    I saw the alleged helicopter and ufo, and I'm not convinced. It looks to me to be a coincidence, they probably tried "correcting" an earlier phrase.
    No I was not convinced either but it came to mind when I read the first post. I did think it was an interesting concept though.
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

It's certainly interesting, of course, but when it comes to aliens and ancient cultures I definitely tend toward the "skeptic" view, and that's speaking as somebody with an interest in both ancient cultures and ufology.

Part of it is that I think it's unfair to assume that because an ancient civilization was advanced in some way it had to have been because some otherworldly creatures helped them. Goes the other way, too, though. There was one doc I watched that tried to prove that the ancient Egyptians had light bulbs or at least predicted the light bulb. Give me a break.

As far as giants go, I think it would be far more likely for a mythological giant or a deity to be somehow from another world, whether in our classic extraterrestrial sense or in a different one.

well i mean let's think for a minute here...
    in the egyptian pictures in the pyramids there are pictures of little guys (us) working for tall guys with oval heads (possible aliens).

see what i'm getting at?
    Sin deep my wicked angel

I strongly doubt Amarna period Egyptian art is proof that there were aliens. You are referring to depictions of Akhenaten, correct? First, I should mention that Egyptian art was highly symbolic. If we are to believe these were meant to be naturalistic, we would have to believe that their torsos were twisted ("Walk like an Egyptian?"). Of course, they are not. So to see figures that look strange in Egyptian art doesn't necessarily mean the people looked odd, as there were symbolic purposes for the reason they were drawn that way. For example, having a figure be larger than all the other figures denotes importance, not actual size.

Depictions during this period changed significantly, and Akhenaten (and others, of course) was not always depicted in the same way. You can find many of the creepy alien-like statues and carvings of him, some of which have not only oval heads but strange eyes as well, but you can also find more "human" looking pictures of him, especially early on.

Personally I feel art depicting Akhenaten was probably just an exaggerated expression of how he looked, not art depicting alien visitors or whatever. That's what I thought when I saw the reconstruction of Tutankhamun's skull, it's slightly elongated-looking, and considering he was related to Akhenaten it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Das_Blutbad View Post
    does anyone think it's possible for the giants in ancient pagan stories are actualy aliens?
    Yup. I do. Call me wacko, I don't care. I think it's possible what we call "gods" could have been inspired by aliens. We (humanity) then told stories, which were handed down orally for countless generations (changed, added on to, etc) until they were what we call the gods (which by the ancient time meshed with the culture, etc). Fits with my view that the gods are our creations, our way to explain the unknown, the world, the universe.

Aliens and UFO's have always been present in human foclore. Reports of strange occurences and lights in the sky exist since ancient egypt.
    Sport Lisboa e Benfica o Campeão
    Mostra a tua raça, o querer e a ambição
    Nós só queremos o Benfica Campeão

Even in the Bible. And probably before, we just didn't have the written language to keep records.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast