Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aliens appearing in ancient legends?

Quote Originally Posted by Das_Blutbad View Post
    does anyone think it's possible for the giants in ancient pagan stories are actualy aliens?
    I don't know about the giants in particular but I do think it is possible that the supernatural creatures of some ancient cultures and legends might be based on extra terrestrial encounters. But while I believe that aliens might have visited our planet in the past and might still be doing so, I am a sceptic about many of the claims and supposed evidence for such things. Also, I very much agree with what Rainbow says here;-

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    ... I think it's unfair to assume that because an ancient civilization was advanced in some way it had to have been because some otherworldly creatures helped them...
    😈 "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." Anton LaVey 😈

The Nephilim or Watchers listed in the Bible was giant Aliens,that lived here and ruled the earth for 250,000 years. Before they left earth & stopped interfering in human affairs. This is why the Vatican believes there are Aliens.

I am one of those that believes there were ET's very early on. I have looked into this subject for awhile and many times I have came across what I perceive as aliens.

Well I've heard of interesting theories behind ancient Giants... it seems that the Cyclopes was a human invented mythological being. Skeletal structures of ancient Proboscidea fossils were dug up by such ancient peoples, animals which fall under the genus Proboscidea are elephants and ancient relatives. Their bones were confused for that of a humanoid, and instead of human like skull they found one which looked like a monster with one eye... thus the myth was born. I think there are many resources on the subject. As for the other giants in ancient history, I say there are very earthly explanations which are applicable.
    Last edited by Nicholas; October 5th, 2008 at 01:39 PM.

I doubt it, but i never say never.

If the aliens came then, then why don't they come now? It seems people are insinuating that the egyptians actually consulted with aliens, so I don't know why they wouldn't consult with us now.

I do think there is extraterrestrial life. I believe some of it is intelligent. The technology it would take for long term space travel is highly advanced. If aliens came to our planet, then they would probably have to be thousands of years, maybe millions, ahead of us.

So, I don't think the old ones are aliens. Unless, they crash landed or something.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ignescentphoenix View Post
    I doubt it, but i never say never.

If the aliens came then, then why don't they come now? It seems people are insinuating that the egyptians actually consulted with aliens, so I don't know why they wouldn't consult with us now.
    Maybe they are; or maybe they will be, sooner than we expect, perhaps.

Who can say for sure?
    ~ Light up, light up, ~
    ~ As if you have a choice ~
    ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
    ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

Quote Originally Posted by LostSheep View Post
    Maybe they are; or maybe they will be, sooner than we expect, perhaps.

Who can say for sure?

If they are, than they are trying to hide it. Why would they only take the hillbillies? I'd figure they would take our smartest or sumting. I have no doubt that eventually we will come across an alien race someday. I hope its in my lifetime, unless they are unfriendly. If they are unfriendly than I want to be in the ground .

No one can say for sure, but I highly doubt the pyramids were inspired or built by the aliens.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I give our ancestors credit for our earlier history, not aliens. Maybe its because of my deep reverence for ancient humans, so much so that I won't even consider the possibility of ET's coming to earth and forming much of our early wonders for the early humans. I call it human industriousness.

I think now we have discovered too much evidence of aliens for them not to be real.
    I believe in way that humans are aliens. We just kinda appeared here. Of course I still believe in evolution. But mammals haven't been around for as long as lizards and reptiles. And mammals are becomming extinct faster then the latter.
    We cannot possibly the only life forms around and there has to be planets in other galaxies that are much older with far more advanced civilizations.

I'm not sure how you people feel about Silvia Browne. I agree she's not always right. But she claims to have had an encounter with an alien. She says that they really look like us with only a few differences and they wear suits that are different than what we wear. She may be right.

New Iberia, LA desperately seeking real estate in Rivendell
    Is it possible? Sure, anything is. Is it probable? Not very, IMO. I think what's happening is we're seeing these images through the lens of 21st century pop culture. To us they look like aliens or spacecraft. When the original artists were creating it and the original people were viewing it, I'd wager they were seeing something very different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Part of it is that I think it's unfair to assume that because an ancient civilization was advanced in some way it had to have been because some otherworldly creatures helped them.
    Unfair? I find it downright insulting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin
    I give our ancestors credit for our earlier history, not aliens. Maybe its because of my deep reverence for ancient humans, so much so that I won't even consider the possibility of ET's coming to earth and forming much of our early wonders for the early humans. I call it human industriousness.
    Ditto.
    "I would rather make the gravest of mistakes than surrender my own judgement." -- Cora Munroe in Last of the Mohicans

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Conan the Barbarian in "Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E. Howard

"Moral outrage has little effect on a cat." -- Garrison Keillor

"There aren't many problems than can't be fixed
    with $700 and a .30-06." -- Jeff Cooper. Or maybe it was his daughter Lindy. I can't remember.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast