Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Hate People!!!!! Grrr......

Ok......I was speaking to a friend of mine, and she pretty much told me that they can't deny me a Pagan oriented club. But, what I'm afraid of are the "pagans" that are.....sketchy. You know, the kids in high school that wear the pentagram or wear it inverted and claim they're "satanic pagans" and do it all for the magic and not for the religion. The people that take it up as a hobby, not a spirituality(which I could go on forever about, but that's another thread....).
    Even thought a Pagan group would be wonderful, I was thinking of doing a religious tolerence group. Especially now with all that 9-11 stuff, religions should be known even if you're not of it.
    TURMA= teaching and understanding religious minorities in america
    I thought it was a good idea. I'd learn something too, doing all the research on Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, etc. Pretty much every religion you can think of in America, and yes, I know that's a lot. hehe
    Well, what do you think? I need feedback, s'il vous plait!
    Blessed Be!
    Bast LunaMavelle
    ".....Life's a show you don't got to rehearse, and every single verse can make it that much worse......"
    "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return."-Moulin Rouge
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to go before I sleep,
    and miles to go before I sleep."
    "who do u love.....say it........"
    .............okay, i admit it!!.....
    "It feels just like I'm sinking, and I claw for solid ground....pulled down by the undertow, I never thought I could feel so low, in all darkness, I feel like letting go........"

may the circle be open yet unbroken, may the peace of the goddess be in your heart. merry meet and merry part, and merry meet again.
    blessed be all,
    Bast LunaMavelle

AIM: AlienChicaFreak
    e-mail: bast_fire4@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Rada
    And Halls of Avalon,
    Did you yourself try to do what you suggest? As for me -
    frankly, that's the last thing I'd ever do

Well I went to a catholic High School, and there was no specific club for that, so no I couldn't at that time. Besides at that point, I wasn't very sure what/who I was.

Since High School, I've been to many churches to do the very thing I am talking about. I don't walk in and say, "Hello, my name is Pat....... and I'm a Pagan." I go in and have casual talk with the clergy, and the churches members...... I show them I know what I am talking about. They usualy ask me to join by the end of that day, and that is when I let them know.

They act very strange at first, until I answer the usual questions, and fend of the "Your gonna burn" things....... But I think they learn something about me, my religion, and themselves, and there religion by the end of the day. So all is good.

I never do it to hurt people, I respect everyone's religion. I am very respectful when I do this. I am there to study there religion, and I do not recieve any of the sacraments...... as this could be seen in a negative light.

Originally posted by Rada
    And Halls of Avalon,
    Did you yourself try to do what you suggest? As for me -
    frankly, that's the last thing I'd ever do
    I would've in a hot second, but they didn't exist at my schools. Even in college I think we have a Muslim club but not a set Bible one (tho they do have "Christian Lunches" regularly)

Originally posted by slovene_gds
    ...Even thought a Pagan group would be wonderful, I was thinking of doing a religious tolerence group. Especially now with all that 9-11 stuff, religions should be known even if you're not of it.
    TURMA= teaching and understanding religious minorities in america
    I thought it was a good idea. I'd learn something too, doing all the research on Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, etc. Pretty much every religion you can think of in America, and yes, I know that's a lot. hehe
    Well, what do you think? I need feedback, s'il vous plait!
    Blessed Be!
    Bast LunaMavelle
    I think that's a great idea! Not just to focus on one religion but a diversity. What about contacting local churches or religious leaders of the different religion for ideas or as guest speakers?
    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

There is no benefit to organizing formally, only drawbacks. OK, sure, if you organize formally, then you get to use a classroom to have your meetings. Woo. Now consider the drawbacks: The school assigns an advisor to run the club. They have the authority to dictate what you can and cannot do. They have the name and personal information of every person in the club.

Better to just meet informally, that way everybody wins. The school dodges liability (this is their first priority, educating youngsters comes in a close fifth), and you can still meet at other places and talk about stuff under a veil of privacy. Put up posters all over the school, and have inquiries forwarded to an anonymous webmail account, or an untracable voice mail box, so you can get the word out to the students witout going through a bullheaded bureaucracy.

Bureaucrats only have as much power as you let them.
    Circumvention is your friend.

- Ill
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cast out of Olympus by the Site Gods
    Email: illuminatus005@yahoo.com
    AIM: MayKen007
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No community rules for you!

uh.......im not meanign to be pissy, but i didnt ask you to judge me
    secondly, the student advisor can't participate, they just watch over because of the whole church/state thing. so......yah, guess thats it
    (why do i walways cause some kind of controversy when i start a thread......roar)
    ".....Life's a show you don't got to rehearse, and every single verse can make it that much worse......"
    "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return."-Moulin Rouge
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to go before I sleep,
    and miles to go before I sleep."
    "who do u love.....say it........"
    .............okay, i admit it!!.....
    "It feels just like I'm sinking, and I claw for solid ground....pulled down by the undertow, I never thought I could feel so low, in all darkness, I feel like letting go........"

may the circle be open yet unbroken, may the peace of the goddess be in your heart. merry meet and merry part, and merry meet again.
    blessed be all,
    Bast LunaMavelle

AIM: AlienChicaFreak
    e-mail: bast_fire4@hotmail.com

(why do i walways cause some kind of controversy when i start a thread......roar)
    There's a thingy, on the back of your neck. You can't see it but the rest of us can it tells what to do. Right now it's telling us to start controversy amongst ourselves.
    I amuse myself. :D

Yes! Ah, yes is a word with a glorious ring! A true universal utopious thing! Engenders embracing and chasing of blues, the very best word for the whole world to use!
    - Yellow Submarine (196

Flying Caddywompus Productions

Because people like discussing and debating things and sharing their opinions on an online forum? Because this is a hot topic? Personally I'm not sure where you see people judging you, but I do see people offering suggestions and opinions. Seriously, this kind of thing happens when you've got over 2000+ members puttering about.

TURMA sound like a good idea to me as well. And yes if the club is a "school" club they probably will assign an advisor....but the school is just trying to protect itself....and don't we all protect ourselves?

I'm also glad to see that you are in the Bible club. You know I never wanted to join the Bible club....or even read the Bible at home when I was young. I've learned so much about the Bible since I have discovered my new path and it's all thanks to ya'll.

Re: I Hate People!!!!! Grrr......

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG........I feel so violent. There's a bible club in our school, and I KNOW if someone wanted to start a Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, or whatever religion type club. the school *snip*
    Bast LunaMavelle
    Most of the advice given here in this thread is right on key.

I will add that, in my opinion, school clubs are bad news at least when it deals with religion. I am a firm believer of seperating the 'Church and the State'. By church, I dont mean just Christian beliefs. I mean all of them. When you are in school, you need to focus on learning the curriculum presented. There is plenty of time for learning about your spirituality after school.
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast