View Poll Results: Do you play MMOs?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I love em!

33 63.46%
  • Yes, but only because my friends play.

4 7.69%
  • No, but I want to play.

3 5.77%
  • No, because they suck the life you!

9 17.31%
  • No, I don't do the monthly fee thing.

9 17.31%
  • All I know is I never see my friends anymore...

3 5.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MMOs, oh noes!

I started with MUDs, played Everquest, Asheron's Call, Ultima Online, did strategy guides for Star Wars: Galaxies and City of Heroes, and have played World of Warcraft from time to time.

They're a unique experience in gaming. In every other genre, the world is designed just for you. In MMOs, the world is designed for the world, and not everything you see will be intended for you. Some of it will be for other classes, other factions, or other levels. It really adds a feeling of dynamism to the game.
    Come visit me at www.darkbirdy.com

A set of photos of my altar and home.

I used to play FlyFF and Dofus (both free MMORPGs - Dofus is more tactic-based, while FlyFF has a similar gameplay to something like Legend of Zelda), but I no longer have the space on my computer for FlyFF. D: I really liked that game, but I took it off my computer when my internet became too unreliable to play. I liked the fact that those games are always evolving - there's always a new quest, new items, new classes being introduced, there's no such thing as the end of the game.

is offline The Treacherous Human Scumbag
    I'm pretty much uninterested in them; much of what I've seen/heard of gameplay in most of them reduces them to work, and I've lost too many friends into the damn things (particularly WoW).

I toy with subscribing to EVE Online now and then, but haven't gotten around to it. That's about it.
    Patrick Stewart
    {Historian|Writer|Memeticist|Artist|Transhumanist|Blogger} {in}errant
    Homo sum: humani nil alienum a me puto
    "Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds... to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." - Ellison S. Onizuka
    "The scorn of Nazis is a benediction." - Little Billy
    "Squick is not a valid moral compass." - Chamelaeon

Did I really just attack you?

Today's Logical Fallacy: Appeal to Consequences

Ya.. I play WoW... a lotta fun.. but I find I usually gotta manage my time on it, or else, well.. I end up playing all night heh... "One.... more... mob.... til ding... >.<"
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God, Futurama

is offline Enlightenment is the Quest Itself.......
    I used to play SecondLife night and day. I don't know if that counts as MMOG or not, though. I played for about a year, but it was so consuming and I was spending quite a bit of money so I eventually gave it up. There was so much drama there too. I have enough drama in my real life. I found that I was actually stressed out in real life because of imaginary stuff that was happening in SecondLife. It was ridiculous! I do miss playing Tringo, though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Everything great of this Earth flows into this city.
    I used to play many...

My most recent one was world of warcraft but I Recently stopped, partly due to boredom, partly due to my main PC burning up.

I miss Star Wars Galaxies though, it was so open ended and had ridiculous potential, it may still be fun right now, I hope if I ever go back my house is still standing I have items in my house that can't be gotten in the game anymore, I'd love to play it on a private server at least, what can I say 1) I liked the old game 2) I don't want to pay if I don't have to, though I'm not sure if there are even private servers.... and the gameplay maybe wasn't so god awful, I had some fun with it

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePagan View Post
    I used to, but they gobbled up my life. I kinda like the real world more; it's got better graphics
    These days this is becoming a questionable statement.
    How many paths must a man walk down until you call him a man

No, because I know the people that make them and am more interested in the theory behind them anyways. I love MMO's... I just don't play them. This tends to confuse people.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

My boyfriend and I play them. I used to play dark age of camelot, I loved that game but not enough people are playing these days. Got tired of world of warcraft. I've been playing lord of the rings online lately, it's a neat game but I'm not sure if I'll play it. I'm kind of in a mmo dilemma, not sure what I want to play!

I'm not stupid - I'm entertaining you

~ Reyn til Runa ~

I play World of Warcraft.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast