View Poll Results: Do you play MMOs?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I love em!

33 63.46%
  • Yes, but only because my friends play.

4 7.69%
  • No, but I want to play.

3 5.77%
  • No, because they suck the life you!

9 17.31%
  • No, I don't do the monthly fee thing.

9 17.31%
  • All I know is I never see my friends anymore...

3 5.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MMOs, oh noes!

I HAVE played MMOs in the past. I played Star Wars Galaxies for awhile, until their constant tinkering with it destroyed that game. Played City of Heroes/Villains for quite some time and liked that a lot. And I played WoW for a long, long time but never really seemed to love it as much as others, it's good, but just not my personal favorite.

I just can't stand to waste money on a monthly fee on a game I've already spent fifty bucks on, plus expansions etc. That shit was fine in college but now I've got a few more bills to pay and it's a waste. I'd much rather just play some RTS games online for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hail Ptah! The craftsman who, like myself, sculpts worlds with his words.
    Look me up on the HON forum: Follower_of_Ptah
    Accepting tarot reading requests. Send PM.

is offline Chronic Cat Food Label Reader
    I used to play WoW. Does Guild Wars count?

I usually stick to single player games.
    "Oh yeah, well quote this!"
    -Me

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

First person to notice this text doesn't win a prize.

Not in this life or the next, thank you... One, I can't afford the fees and two, dial up plus MMO does NOT work whatsoever... Three, it is NOT my thing at all, I'd rather play something like Bejeweled offline or BB while online.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

My soon to be husband and I met on World of Warcraft a bit over two years ago,... it used to be like air for us both. When money is tight and you cannot afford to be social much it seemed like a good solution. Now we are together and we still play but no longer as an escape from our lives, now its more of a fun reminder of the beginning of our relationship, also my brother is on there and thats one of the only times I ever get to talk to him.

I am liking this new expansion so far, Cataclysm, although now dungeons are crazy hard!

I have played a lot of MMOs and still play a couple to this day. I'm currently playing Champions Online, DC Universe and Final Fantasy XIV. And I'm waiting for Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Secret World, Tera and the Warhammer 40k mmo to come out.

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    I picked I play them and I love them, and I play them cause my friends play. I enjoy them a lot, but I wouldn't really play them if it was by myself. It's something my SO and I do together.

Right now I am playing Requiem, which I love. I played WoW which really wasn't for me. I liked STO but it got tedious cause it was all the same. LOTR was cool. I haven't tried it since it became free though. Warhammer had potential but I HATE pvp so it wasn't for me. AoC and City of Heroes bored me to death. I loved Guild Wars, even if it's not technically an mmo.

I am looking forward to GW2 a lot. I will probably give Star Wars a go, but mostly cause my SO wants to. I'm not a Star Wars fan. Rift looks really interesting and I'll probably try that once it's out.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .

Rift

My SO and I are going to be playing this game once it's released. We played the beta and found it enjoyable. Not totally unique, it's a WoW and Warhammer clone, but it is fun.

If anyone wants to play with us that would rock and maybe we could form up a guild

Info on the game here
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Yes, but I only play one game right now. I play Lord of the Rings. I know the books and I love it but it is the only one. I am on a hand me down laptop, it doesn't have a lot of memory and it is only good for my game. I play with my neighbor, who is also an avid player who buys into the VIP service. Though I am a free member, next month I plan on subscribing to the VIP offer.
    Please click on my little ones:
    My Dragcave Scroll

Irish Blessing:
    May your troubles be less, your blessing be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door!

FanFiction: Eryessa: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3054205/Eryessa
    FictionPress: Eryessa http://www.fictionpress.com/u/866606/Eryessa

I'm kind of MMO'ed out anymore. Got really bored with WoW, and nothing else has really struck my fancy. The RIFT Beta was fun, but not fun enough to buy a subscription...
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast