Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eclectic Witchcraft

I would guess the majority of MW'ers would identify as eclectic, whether they say "eclectic Pagan", "eclectic Witch", etc. :D

Another Eclectic Pagan to join the counting

Peace!
    «The myth is the Nothing which is everything» - Fernando Pessoa

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn-Forest View Post
    Are there other witches like me, or do people look down ecletics?
    You are not alone, nor is this phenomena related solely to witches. I heard a professor of religion speak and his entire discussion was regarding this. There is a trend occurring in American society, whereby people are doing religion buffet style. A large percentage of the population defines themselves as 'spiritual' now, rather than by any specific denomination. They are taking bits and pieces from many different faiths, and incorporating these ideas into their own beliefs and practices. Some interpret this trend as being part of the age of Aquarius, where individual spiritualities become the norm.

I guess I am O.o I don't really have much of my path figured out yet, so I just kinda do what feels right (or what I'm shown that works). I'm just trying to find a path right now
    Check out my shop for a variety of jewelry, salves, crafts, and more: www.divineessencecreations.com

Find me on Facebook for updates, coupons, and discussions on products that you want to see: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divine...85628011493663

I'm definitely Eclectic.
    Mostly self taught... pick things up here and there.

I've met a few people that looked down on me for being 'pathless' whereas I embrace it fully. It doesn't get to me anymore, but it sure used to bother me. I usually just don't discuss my spirituality outside of MW and a few other places online.

I don't know a whole lot of Pagans or Witches in person either.

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

Magically, I am definantly eclectic, as I will take what works and use it, religiously, while I think the Sumerian one is for me, I wouldn't mix and match, that said, I do hold some personal spiritual beliefs that probably weren't a part of the religion like I'm also an animist, I believe everything has some kind of spirit and/or god in it, everything in nature is alive to me (and I don't just mean trees, stones, mountains, etc, I also mean cities, things that aren't defined as "natural" such as plastic, and concepts, etc).

I'm eclectic in my Witchcraft, not as much with religious devotion, but to a degree I am. I don't tend to wrap my Witchcraft into the religious aspect of my life any more than it is intrinsically so.

The Forsaken Cornfields of Southeastern Michigan

Smile

Absolutley, I'm eclectic. Although I do, because it's the path I identify the MOST with, call myself a Christian Witch.
    "We are such stuff as dreams are made on. . . "
    The Tempest-IV

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another. "
    Mahatma Gandhi

"...for I believe that which is sacred does not care by which name it is called."
    Gwynneve

“Stand at the crossroads and look
    Ask for the ancient paths
    Ask where the good way is
    And walk in it."
    Jeremiah 6:16

"What makes a religion false? If any religion is right, then maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just as long as you say them."
    Jeffrey Sinclair

:banallama:

I'm a Witch and eclectic at that, so yes, there are others here too
    ~Free Your Mind~

)O( Blessings One & All )O(

***Knowledge really is Power***- Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

***Magic, madam, is like wine and, if you are not used to it, it will make you drunk*** - Susanna Clarke The Ladies of Grace Adieu

***Magick Works in Mysterious Ways*** - Me

I have my eclectic moments. I generally stay within the Wiccan format, however, when it comes to witchcraft, and with Kemetic deities. Occasionally Greek.

I used to be very eclectic, but that was before I sort of discovered my way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast