Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Eclectic Witchcraft

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
    I'm not a witch, but I would never look down on anyone practicing with an eclectic approach.

I think it's honest, and as long as it is done respectfully, there should be no issues.

I think that sometimes eclecticism is mistaken for not educated and fluffy - and nothing could be further from the truth.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
    I'm not a witch, but I would never look down on anyone practicing with an eclectic approach.

I think it's honest, and as long as it is done respectfully, there should be no issues.

I think that sometimes eclecticism is mistaken for not educated and fluffy - and nothing could be further from the truth.
    QFT, and I definitely agree, eclecticism does not = fluffy or uneducated, it means finding inspiration in multiple religions and paths, and drawing inspiration from them, to create something new, something person for yourself. That's probably a lot closer to what I do.

is offline Folk Witch w/ Hoodoo & Shamanic Leanings
    In my "humble" opinion, every path is somewhat eclectic due to the fact that each individual brings something unique to their path, whether they are taught formally by others or self-taught. No two witches/pagans (or even Christians) believe the exact same way, and even if they are entirely devoted to one pantheon or form of magic, they add their own flair however small it may be.

So, each individual is a bit eclectic since no two individuals are exactly alike.
    SpiritCaller

Know Thyself, Know Thy Craft!

The Witch Laws

Do not do what you desire - do what is necessary.
    Take all you are given - give all of yourself.
    What I have - - - I hold!
    When all else is lost, and not until then, prepare to die with dignity.

- Robert Cochrane -

I am eclectic as I have found that every path that I have looked into has something missing for me. I found the 'eclectic pagan that is also a witch' path to be the best for me.

I'm an eclectic pagan & witch. =)
    Been for nearly four years now...and it's always interesting.
    His:

Mine:

Quote Originally Posted by hikarilove View Post
    I agree, Autumn-Forest. After much soul searching, I've found that there is no one religion that is right for me. Instead, I find wisdom, peace, and empowerment by learning from various paths.
    That's like me. I couldn't either so if I had to call it something now i'd say Eclectic Pagan Witch. lol

I don't consider myself an eclectic witch, just a green witch. Although I am drawn to and inspired by Druidry.

My humble opinion.

As far as I am concerned, every religious path has been man made. Very few religions exist that remotely resemble those that were practiced since prerecorded history or even survived the mass conversion that happened in so many, many places.

With that said, since we know that "sticking to the old ways" is sort of .. not happening anywhere inside of paganism for the most part (there are exceptions, Vodou being one) then we should all agree that some man/woman studied a bit, but based their religion around their own opinion and got a couple people to agree. Does that make them wrong? No.

It doesn't make an eclectic wrong either, though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4