Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: What constitutes a non-Wiccan Witch?

herbal_legends Guest
    I also at least like to pay attention to moon phases

I don't know about others, but me personally, my altar has an Angel statuette and a mother/daughter statuette that were given to me as gifts. It also has 4 cute green ceramic birds that I found at Michaels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet Soul30 View Post
    I don't cast circle or call quarters either. Wiccans have this thing about circles and quarters. I actually had someone tell me years ago that if I didn't cast a circle or call quarters that I was inviting things in that I didn't want. One of the main problems with this is that there is so much work in finding north. There is no way that I'm following what other people say and doing what they do.
    There are many reasons groups call the quarters and cast the circle. Most people don't understand them. However, anyone telling you that you're "wrong" because you're not doing it their way, is an idiot. The only exception would be if you were claiming to be "a" which requires specific practice, and you were in fact, not doing those specific things. There are unlimited paths out there, and nobody is the ultimate authority on the subject.

Also, I wonder about the "no way I'm following what others say or do" mentality. Is something less valid because it is believed to be more correct? I guess I'm confused about your wording, and what it is that you mean.

I'm a witch, not a Wiccan. I firmly believe in giving people what's coming to them. I practice both white and gray magic and I don't follow the Wiccan rede. What is the point in following something that allows others to walk over you. I agree with Laura Cabot, there is no such thing as a Wiccan and I wish that people would stop calling themselves a Wiccan when their really a witch.
    What about the rede allows others to walk all over you? Or are you just assuming that the fluff mongers out there are correct in how they apply it?

Also, who or what gives you the right to say an entire path just doesn't exist?

I do, however, have one question. I've been totally ignoring candle colors. I just pick a candle that 'feels' right and use it for my rituals. Can the wrong color affect a spell? Just a question along with the stupid things like planet correspondence, days of the week, and oils that Wiccan seem to think is so important. Are those things important for a modern non-Wiccan witch or can we just throw all that away and follow our guts?
    What is with all the Wiccan bashing? Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it invalid. Nobody is forcing you to do it. Those things are important to us.
    Check out my shop for a variety of jewelry, salves, crafts, and more: www.divineessencecreations.com

Find me on Facebook for updates, coupons, and discussions on products that you want to see: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divine...85628011493663

Nothing bad has happened to me without the circle, which tells me that circle casting is full of nonsense.
    And all this tells me is that you have no understanding of why they're used.
    Check out my shop for a variety of jewelry, salves, crafts, and more: www.divineessencecreations.com

Find me on Facebook for updates, coupons, and discussions on products that you want to see: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divine...85628011493663

I don't cast circle or call quarters either. Wiccans have this thing about circles and quarters. I actually had someone tell me years ago that if I didn't cast a circle or call quarters that I was inviting things in that I didn't want. One of the main problems with this is that there is so much work in finding north. There is no way that I'm following what other people say and doing what they do.
    looking at the sun or the stars, or even simpler using a compass is hard work? Magic is not for the lazy.
    I'm a witch, not a Wiccan. I firmly believe in giving people what's coming to them. I practice both white and gray magic and I don't follow the Wiccan rede. What is the point in following something that allows others to walk over you. I agree with Laura Cabot, there is no such thing as a Wiccan and I wish that people would stop calling themselves a Wiccan when their really a witch.
    There are several problems with this, one, Wicca does not allow people to walk all over you, there's a very marked difference between watching out for yourself and being vindictive however. Saying there's no such thing as a Wiccan is one of the most ignorant and bigoted pieces of nonsense of heard on this forum in a long time, you are aware thet you are basically trying to deny the existence of an entire religion yes?
    I do, however, have one question. I've been totally ignoring candle colors. I just pick a candle that 'feels' right and use it for my rituals. Can the wrong color affect a spell? Just a question along with the stupid things like planet correspondence, days of the week, and oils that Wiccan seem to think is so important. Are those things important for a modern non-Wiccan witch or can we just throw all that away and follow our guts?
    Whether or not it's important depends on what system you follow, but I'll say it again, magic is not for the lazy, or the inattentive.
    "The word "natural" is completely meaningless! Everything is natural! Nature includes everything! It's not just trees and flowers! It's everything! A chemical company's toxic waste is completely natural! It's part of the nature! We're all part of nature! Everything is natural! Dog shit is natural! It's just not real good food!" George Carlin

http://www.last.fm/user/kidthorazine/

Drop acid, not bombs.

Add me on facebook! (please mention that you are from MW and include username)

I'm not doing Wicca bashing, I'm just stating that it's easy to forget all this information that is out there. So many authors write so many different ways to do thing that it's hard to tell which way is right. I don't cast a circle because, one, I don't have a compass, and two, my mother comes in without warning and I don't want to have to cut a doorway every time she needs something.

I do my own thing, I follow my own path, and that's work. It takes work to do spells and it takes work to remind yourself that you don't have to follow what others say or do. Trust me, anything that wears down on my mental state is work and stress. I flow with my magic and I've found that Druids don't cast a circle (I've talked to a Druid so I know). My magic isn't affected by not casting a circle or calling quarters.

Anyway, there are others on this thread that don't cast circles or call quarters and that's one reason that I started commenting. Anyway, there is no wrong way to practice witchcraft.

Note: On the subject of hexing. If Eddie Long is proven to be guilty I'm so hexing his butt.

I don't believe in a great Goddess or God, I don't really believe in the Old Gods either. I work with five terrestrial elements rather than four. I don't adhere to the Rede or believe in the Threefold Law of Return. I reject the idea of duality. I do create sacred space whenever I feel the need and this involves the casting of a circle.

On the rare occasion that I do need to cast a circle I do it mentally. However those kinds of occasions require my mother being in bed. She's doing this on-line course and is always calling me to help her. Therefore casting a circle would be a hindrance to my magic because I would always be losing focus, then I would have to re-cast the circle and call back the quarters.

Get why I don't cast a circle often to nearly at all.

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    On the rare occasion that I do need to cast a circle I do it mentally. However those kinds of occasions require my mother being in bed. She's doing this on-line course and is always calling me to help her. Therefore casting a circle would be a hindrance to my magic because I would always be losing focus, then I would have to re-cast the circle and call back the quarters.

Get why I don't cast a circle often to nearly at all.

I thought casting a circle was nonsense?

Also, you can get a compass for under $5, if you want one.

I've got to say...I'm not even close to Wiccan, but if I were I would have been offended by some of your comments. But that's just me. Pretty sure if people posted things like that about your path, you'd be angry or upset at them for invalidating what you do.
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    Oh...I guess if I'm going to comment on this thread, I'd better at least post something relevant to the original topic of discussion.

I'm a Christian Witch. I practice Christianity, but also folkish magic as needed. The two are easier to combine than lots of people may think.

The phases of the moon and changing of the seasons play a fair part in my life, as do things like crystal and herb magic.
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

I'm not doing Wicca bashing, I'm just stating that it's easy to forget all this information that is out there. So many authors write so many different ways to do thing that it's hard to tell which way is right. I don't cast a circle because, one, I don't have a compass, and two, my mother comes in without warning and I don't want to have to cut a doorway every time she needs something.

I do my own thing, I follow my own path, and that's work. It takes work to do spells and it takes work to remind yourself that you don't have to follow what others say or do. Trust me, anything that wears down on my mental state is work and stress. I flow with my magic and I've found that Druids don't cast a circle (I've talked to a Druid so I know). My magic isn't affected by not casting a circle or calling quarters.

Anyway, there are others on this thread that don't cast circles or call quarters and that's one reason that I started commenting. Anyway, there is no wrong way to practice witchcraft.

Note: On the subject of hexing. If Eddie Long is proven to be guilty I'm so hexing his butt.
    You freaking said that Wicca doesn't exist....
    "The word "natural" is completely meaningless! Everything is natural! Nature includes everything! It's not just trees and flowers! It's everything! A chemical company's toxic waste is completely natural! It's part of the nature! We're all part of nature! Everything is natural! Dog shit is natural! It's just not real good food!" George Carlin

http://www.last.fm/user/kidthorazine/

Drop acid, not bombs.

Add me on facebook! (please mention that you are from MW and include username)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast