Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: What constitutes a non-Wiccan Witch?

I personally think that people that practice Wicca need to get away from the books. A tiny portion of the authors are only in it to make money. I love books on the craft but I've read so many really bad books that I've given up on that area of the bookstore.

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundragon View Post

I'm a bit of a book fetishist...I am addicted to books....or more accurately addicted to information. Only with great difficulty can I stop myself from buying well received books on Wicca, Witchcraft, magick, metaphysics or spiritual topics in general. I belong to Amazon prime so I get books I order within 48hrs no matter what. Hey, its only $80 a year to provide all purchases with no-cost second day air delivery. At my book buying rate, I would burn through that $80 in standard rate shipping costs in about 6 months.

Hey, it just about my only vice...so I am going to keep it.

Also, when it comes to things like Wicca, shamanism, practical magick, meditation ie. things I fundamentally understand, I buy books to see if the author has a different or even more comprehensive point of view. More often than not I am disappointed though sometimes an author really stands out and I say, "Damn, I wish I wrote that."

)o( Blessed Be,

Sundragon
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet Soul30 View Post
    I personally think that people that practice Wicca need to get away from the books. A tiny portion of the authors are only in it to make money. I love books on the craft but I've read so many really bad books that I've given up on that area of the bookstore.
    I have lots of books that are written by Wiccans and/or for Wiccans, but I am not now, nor have I ever been one.

Sometimes I find it beneficial to just ignore what I DON'T like about certain books, because they are still full of interesting and/or useful information.

If you look past the crap in a lot of books, you can frequently find something that makes the book worth having been read.
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

I understand fully but it's a nerve-wracking process.

I understand fully but it's a nerve-wracking process.
    If you approach things like this with humour and not completely seriously, I think you'll find it's not as bad.

I've read lots of books where I just straight-out laughed at some of the contents.

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.

Hedgewitch by Silver Ravenwolf was one of those laughed at books. A lot of Hedgewitches didn't like the book and boy are they making their views known.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDryad View Post
    If you approach things like this with humour and not completely seriously, I think you'll find it's not as bad.

I've read lots of books where I just straight-out laughed at some of the contents.
    I think this happens every time I read a book about witchcraft that was written after the wicca boom. Either the author is hardcore wiccan, saying they're not wiccan but it sounds really wiccan, or trying too hard to be different from wicca. Especially Michael Ford. His books have some interesting info, but they make me laugh every time.

I never heard of Michael Ford.

I never heard of Michael Ford.
    He's LHP writes mostly on Luciferian. He's very anti-wiccan. He takes himself way to seriously IMO.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by kagekarasu View Post
    He's LHP writes mostly on Luciferian. He's very anti-wiccan. He takes himself way to seriously IMO.
    A lot of people take themselves too seriously...so annoying, but funny to watch (or read)!

Proudly German-Canadian.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast