Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What signs do your deities give you?

What signs do your deities give you?

The last time i prayed to the Goddess Caratra i noticed that more than three times bats flew close to the place i was sitting. And i realised that every time i pray or speak to her a bat comes close and most of the times startles me. Bats are common in our balcony but they don't usually do that. I could have never associated this Goddess with bats but it looks like a sign of her,like she's making her presence known

The one time i had spoken to Hecate for days i was seeing purple lights. Purple light around the moon,purple light when the lamp in my room exploded etc And Hecate is associated with the purple colour so it was like her magic had spread in my life.

I don't remember another example unfortunately.*blames her memory* But i was wondering,what kind of signs do you receive from you Gods and Goddesses?Do you see animals?Feel the wind?Feel something special inside of you?

Oh, the summer time is coming,
    And the trees are blooming,
    And the wild mountain thyme
    Grows around the blooming heather.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sky- View Post

I don't remember another example unfortunately.*blames her memory* But i was wondering,what kind of signs do you receive from you Gods and Goddesses?Do you see animals?Feel the wind?Feel something special inside of you?
    Not really... my Gods kinda just sit there, like country bumpkins *shrugs* :P. Naww, way back I used to get 'signs' from Kali so to speak, but my Gods tend to be more transcended. They don't necessarily care who worships them, but gives a lot of rewards for those who do. I worship Shiva, Kali, and a host of the other Hindu Gods. I also honour quite a lot Lord Buddha.

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

I wouldn't conclusively say I get signs, but maybe a hightened awareness of things... It rains a lot when I need cheering up (I LOVE LOVE LOVE rain) or a see lots of swallows which I love. General kind of things that say "I'm here watching you sweety" rather than "Look at me *slap*!".

But i was wondering,what kind of signs do you receive from you Gods and Goddesses?
    Once Eris broke my lava lamp. While I was praying to her, my bo suddenly crashed into it, knocking it onto the concrete floor and shattering it. Her priestess said it was a sign she liked me, so I took it as a good omen. *g*
    CJ - Paths: Shamanism Forum Guide

"Granny Weatherwax had never heard of psychiatry and would have had no truck with it even if she had. There are some arts too black even for a witch. [...] A psychiatrist, dealing with a man who fears he is being followed by a large and terrible monster, will endeavor to convince him that monsters don't exist. Granny Weatherwax would simply give him a chair to stand on and a very heavy stick."
    -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by EvieLee View Post
    I wouldn't conclusively say I get signs, but maybe a hightened awareness of things... It rains a lot when I need cheering up (I LOVE LOVE LOVE rain) or a see lots of swallows which I love. General kind of things that say "I'm here watching you sweety" rather than "Look at me *slap*!".
    hahaha Yeah i've had that too. Little things that cheered me up and made me simple!Or wishes granted in a gentle way.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Puzzled View Post
    Once Eris broke my lava lamp. While I was praying to her, my bo suddenly crashed into it, knocking it onto the concrete floor and shattering it. Her priestess said it was a sign she liked me, so I took it as a good omen. *g*
    hahaha A Goddess with a temperament. A bo you said?Do you practice martial arts?

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    Athena gives me inspirations and dreams. Usually it's not like, two strikes of thunder for yes, and one for no...
    Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
    Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylara View Post
    Athena gives me inspirations and dreams. Usually it's not like, two strikes of thunder for yes, and one for no...
    What troubles me is that i've never had dreams of Gods or Goddesses. Even when asked for them.. I hear people saying that they've seen beautiful dreams with messages from their Gods and i've never experienced that. Only visions that sometimes i question with my scepticism.

is offline The PG-13-safe Title holder - WooHoo!!
    ....a thousand angels dance around you....
    not enough....
    "If there's a Heaven up above I know
    she's teaching angels how to love"
    ~ R. Kelly....and me
    Love you, mom....

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." --- Aristotle

"Friendship is the beginning of love; love is the beginning of life."
    ~Source Unknown

"And our scars remind us, that the past is real, I tear my heart open....just to feel..." ~ Papa Roach

"Yeah, I think I'll have more luck with the girl if I'm drunk, cause a drunk me is like a sober you"
    ~ one of my co-workers

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/cheshireeyes

"*shakes head* Without CE there would be no reason to drop by MW!" ~~~ lowlinora
    http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost....&postcount=114

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireEyes View Post
    not enough....
    Yeah sometimes the Gods don't give us as many signs as we want. I often complain about it because signs go beyond by scepticism and reinforce my faith. But usually when i complain the voice of the Goddess in my head reminds me that 1.you have to be patient for a sign 2. sometimes signs are not needed,the Gods may have another plan for your quest.We see signs only when we are ready to see and understand them.

is offline The PG-13-safe Title holder - WooHoo!!
    ....a thousand angels dance around you....
    Yeah sometimes the Gods don't give us as many signs as we want. I often complain about it because signs go beyond by scepticism and reinforce my faith. But usually when i complain the voice of the Goddess in my head reminds me that 1.you have to be patient for a sign 2. sometimes signs are not needed,the Gods may have another plan for your quest.We see signs only when we are ready to see and understand them.
    I'm not so patient, Skye, i've too much that needs doing...sometimes a little help would be appreciated, especially when its what THEY want....
    "If there's a Heaven up above I know
    she's teaching angels how to love"
    ~ R. Kelly....and me
    Love you, mom....

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." --- Aristotle

"Friendship is the beginning of love; love is the beginning of life."
    ~Source Unknown

"And our scars remind us, that the past is real, I tear my heart open....just to feel..." ~ Papa Roach

"Yeah, I think I'll have more luck with the girl if I'm drunk, cause a drunk me is like a sober you"
    ~ one of my co-workers

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/cheshireeyes

"*shakes head* Without CE there would be no reason to drop by MW!" ~~~ lowlinora
    http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost....&postcount=114

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast