Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What signs do your deities give you?

my deities send me 'moments'. incase you the wondering what they are, its when everything slows down for just a second, colours become way more vivid and you get that feeling you are communicating with someone, and i usually get a message, conveyed through feelings and emotions.
    its usually my two patron female deities and they usually send me 'moments' whne i'm feeling down or to tell me to pull my finger out and get on with it. sometimes it to let me know i'm doing the right thing.

to give an example, the other day i was walking a ton of washing stashed underneath a double buggy with my two kids in round to my inlaws (the washing machine broke down), and its about a 2 1/2 3 mile walk and i was feeling pretty rubbish (my other half was in hospital after having an appendectomy). i rounded a corner and i was looking down a long straight road. there was lots and lots of pink blossom blowing on the breeze, and for just a second it was like i was looking down an apple grove. it looked and felt perfect and it felt like i was getting a 'it'll get better soon, keep your chin up' kind of message.

Oh boy. I tend to attract a fair amount of deities, and they all seem to enjoy me knowing they are there. Thor, he appeared to me in a dream and hasn't left since, he often will send a bolt of static up my arm if he needs my attention tight then. It tends to get very stormy very fast when I'm having to defend my religion, and thus him. Baldr appeared in a dream too. He's got a tendency of making the room a lot brighter than it was and making physical contact. Loki, 'nother one that came in a dream. Oh boy, what doesn't Loki do. He will cause little disturbances, speak, move things, wreck havoc if you aren't firm with him and has a very cat like tendency to sit on ones shoulders. This one, I find very interesting. It jist happened this week: vultures would constantly be sitting outside my door (it leads to a field) and would just stare. Sit there and stare. There had to be seven of them outside at any given time. I mentioned it to my friend who told me that Aris was associated with them. So, I walked outside and said quietly "if this is Aris, could you send me some other sign? I'm terrified of vultures." Lo and behold, they all flew away the second I finished and haven't been back in over three days.

Well, I don't know about Loki acting cat-like, but he certainly doesn't listen to me. From experience, his actions are more when I need to listen to him. "Pranks" that, while at the time are always infuriating or frustrating, show the lesson that they were in hindsight. He is certainly not a God for the fainthearted to associate with.

Loki would be the only one that really gives "signs" to me. I see (literally, once) and feel Thor in the storm, know Freyja and Odin to watch through hawk and raven. I've even felt the presence of Сварог as I forged my pendants. My relationship with the Gods is not one typically found or told about. They don't have a daily "buddy" presence in my life, despite kinship and similarity to them. In my experience, they don't always answer when questioned, or come when summoned; they're far from servants they're Gods. Most, if I am keen to their presence I ought mind myself; get out of their way or take my chances at tragedy. Some of the Gods - such as Rán or Thor when enraged - are unmerciful and not to be dealt with carelessly. The sea does not spare the ship in a storm because it's captain prayed harder than others, after all.

Signs are good to have, when one has them, and should be carefully considered and weighed. Sometimes a raven is just a raven. But should the Gods deign to give us intercession (and in my experience, this is not always the case; they've other things to do than satisfy our whims,) we'd be fools not to heed to them.
    Кровь за Кровь! Во Славу Великим! Hugin & Munin (Twitter & blog links)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3