Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What signs do your deities give you?

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireEyes View Post
    I'm not so patient, Skye, i've too much that needs doing...sometimes a little help would be appreciated, especially when its what THEY want....
    haha I am not so patient either,and this is probably one of the biggest lessons Goddess is trying to teach me. But maybe your Gods are deliberately not giving you signs.They want to test you and your limits. Hope everything works out!

Oh, the summer time is coming,
    And the trees are blooming,
    And the wild mountain thyme
    Grows around the blooming heather.

is offline The PG-13-safe Title holder - WooHoo!!
    ....a thousand angels dance around you....
    Quote Originally Posted by -Sky- View Post
    haha I am not so patient either,and this is probably one of the biggest lessons Goddess is trying to teach me. But maybe your Gods are deliberately not giving you signs.They want to test you and your limits. Hope everything works out!
    they've known my limits for aeons....i know why they do it....but it still pisses me off
    "If there's a Heaven up above I know
    she's teaching angels how to love"
    ~ R. Kelly....and me
    Love you, mom....

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." --- Aristotle

"Friendship is the beginning of love; love is the beginning of life."
    ~Source Unknown

"And our scars remind us, that the past is real, I tear my heart open....just to feel..." ~ Papa Roach

"Yeah, I think I'll have more luck with the girl if I'm drunk, cause a drunk me is like a sober you"
    ~ one of my co-workers

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/cheshireeyes

"*shakes head* Without CE there would be no reason to drop by MW!" ~~~ lowlinora
    http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost....&postcount=114

What troubles me is that i've never had dreams of Gods or Goddesses. Even when asked for them.. I hear people saying that they've seen beautiful dreams with messages from their Gods and i've never experienced that. Only visions that sometimes i question with my scepticism.

It can be hard at times to see people feel so connected. Like, how I can see peoples' hands moved at church or really into prayer etc. And yet, I don't do that. I could see it as not having as much of a connection, but I thik its more that different people practice and connect to things differently. Some people are better at prayer and some at meditation. It can be frustrating when I view it that way.

As for signs with me...... I don't think I view it as blatantly obvious signs. But, I really connect to the moon and see it as the goddess side of things. When I see deer, I think of Artemis and I feel connected to deer and her. I had the name Artemis come into my thoughts (before I knew things she reprsented.) And then, I felt that the connection was in part to help me deal with a bad time in my past. I remember seeing peacocks at the zoo a couple weeks ago and the name Hera came to me. I've also had a time where I was worried for a friend, and the name Hecate kept coming in my thoughts. I was also talking to a friend about Selene and the whole concept of the goddess and the moon in general, and then I had a dream with a woman and the moon. I saw a raven a few weeks ago and thought of Morrighan.

I haven't had really obvious signs, but more like their names coming into my thoughts and feeling drawn to them.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sky- View Post
    What troubles me is that i've never had dreams of Gods or Goddesses. Even when asked for them.. I hear people saying that they've seen beautiful dreams with messages from their Gods and i've never experienced that. Only visions that sometimes i question with my scepticism.
    My last one was of light switches attacking me like little birds...long story. It was the most horrible dream, but full of meaning for me. It's the little insights that help the most I find.

Hmm. Well, Lilith sends me ravens sometimes. Also, occasionally, an owl. Often, though, I just read into my surroundings and determine what is being said to me. :D
    hikarilove
    "je sais, l'enfer c'est les autres. dans ce monde, on est tout le v˘tre." - m. farmer

Sky, I recognize the 'dream problem'. I asked it a thousand times, both to the God and the Goddess. Nothing... It makes me sad sometimes, because it almost seems like they ignore me. But they will have their own reasons. I'm confident enough that one day I'll see them...

Now, for those signs. I have not yet chosen a God or Goddess. Though, I have strong feelings for Brighid and Lilith and Cernunnos (Or the Green Man sometimes). And that's not an accidental love I believe.

When I'm freaking out on proclamation days (when I hear the results), a lot of crows cross my path. They make me feel safe. It's like they say: 'Everything will turn out fine.' And it always did...
    Once, a long time ago, I had to redo an important exam. *thinks* I was only 15 at the time, but that exam meant the world for me. That one day I was going to receive my results (over the phone) I was terrified. Could not do anything... Walked around, sat down, walked around again. Because I was so nervous, I lit a candle for Mother Mary. The moment the phone rang and they told my I'd passed my exam, the candle stopped burning... Amazing moment...

But the most wonderful moment was in France, a month ago. We visited a dolmen close to our house. I wasn't feeling well, an enormous headache. On top of that, there was conflict going on between me and the rest of my family. I wanted some peace, so I walked away from them, to an open space. There were no trees there, stange enough, only that wide open space. I could see me dancing there, in the moonlight. I got down, put my hand on the Earth and asked for guidance. When I opened my eyes, there was strange stone next to my right hand... I picked it up and it was a fossil stone.
    The greatest gift I ever received...
    Last edited by Laoghaire; May 17th, 2007 at 06:34 AM.

Avatar: prettyflamingo (LiveJournal)

These are wonderful experiences honey!:D Especially the fossil stone one. Send me a photo sometime!

We feel drawn to the same deities. I also feel very connected with Brigid and Cernunnos. A coincidence?haha We can talk about them after my exams.

Quote Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
    Sky, I recognize the 'dream problem'. I asked it a thousand times, both to the God and the Goddess. Nothing... It makes me sad sometimes, because it almost seems like they ignore me. But they will have their own reasons. I'm confident enough that one day I'll see them...
    Aw i have the same feelings...Sometimes i wonder if they ignore me. But just like LadyCelt said deities work differently with different people. Maybe they communicate with us in another way or maybe in the future we will indeed receive a dream.

EDIT- Yout got my last pm right?

I'll try to scan the stone... That won't be a problem, there's only one fossil at one side.
    About the dream thing... I still think it's strange, because I'm a very vivid dreamer. But I keep hoping...

And yes, you're PM arrived safely...
    Good luck with your exams girl. And, if you'd like it, just send me a small message and I'll light a candle for you.

Avatar: prettyflamingo (LiveJournal)

Sir, I believe Mandoon is dry humping the pagan.
    When I was a teenager, I wished and prayed and asked for dreams, too. I asked any god or goddess that I was meant to worship appear to me in a dream. Never happened LOL But now, I meditate with them and it's very vivid and visceral, to me. Better than a dream, because I won't forget anything when I wake up!

As for signs, I find that I recognize them in retrospect rather than seeing something and immediately knowing "Hey, that's a god trying to get my attention!". The only time that has happened was this past Samhain. I was part of a large group, 7-8 people, but we got stood up for our big Samhain ritual, so three of us decided to do it anyway two days later. I was unsure of this course of action, wondering if we should ask the other members of the group, or not do it at all. The day the three of us were to do the ritual, I saw a red fox run past me, not two feet away from me. Now, I have lived in New Jersey for four years and, though I know they live up here, have NEVER EVER seen one. I have gone hiking quite a few places and never saw one, so for one to bolt past me on an active railroad track, with other people standing around me - well, I took that as a sign (especially since the red fox has special significance to me)! We went ahead and did the ritual and it was fantastic.
    Last edited by Nitefalle; May 17th, 2007 at 12:32 PM.
    ~NITEFALLE~
    Pagan Tart, High Priestess of the Soli-Tarty Path

My heroes have always been cowboys, and they still are, it seems
    Always in search of, and one step in back of,
    Themselves and their slow-movin' dreams
    ~Willie Nelson~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Nitefalle View Post
    When I was a teenager, I wished and prayed and asked for dreams, too. I asked any god or goddess that I was meant to worship appear to me in a dream. Never happened LOL But now, I meditate with them and it's very vivid and visceral, to me. Better than a dream, because I won't forget anything when I wake up!
    I know what you mean. I also meditate with my deities and i've had some powerful and beautiful visions through that. Bad thing is i don't write them down so i risk forgetting all the important details and lessons given to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast