Thread: Links and Resources

Links and Resources

Here's some ones I've come across about non-theistic paths:
    More to come!
    Free free to add any (links and sites)!
    Last edited by Agaliha; May 27th, 2007 at 04:32 AM.

"American Atheists" all the news on the Atheist front in the US! http://atheists.org/

The site is very searchable for most topics of interest to Atheists.

I haven't read on this board but I think they may be sort of radical. You might enjoy a look, though. The guy who started it is a smart cookie.

http://www.atheistscumunited.com/forum/index.php
    Last edited by SSanf; May 27th, 2007 at 11:02 AM.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sometimes I think "right-to-lifers" only value life if it agrees with them. A fetus can't talk, therefore... it can't offend you with its belief system or looks. It can't tell you it will never go to your church, believe in your god, or exist in your socio-economic class.

A potential child is adorable until it actually exists. Then it's just another object of your scorn. Another despicable product of a broken home, unwed mother, or family that's so large it can't take care of itself.
    EgwayneR

"I consider myself a Kentuckian first, and an American second. My ethnic background, religion, and politics are secondary to the fact that I am a Louisvillian and a Kentuckian. Kentucky is my country, and it shall always be my home, just as my friends will ever remain my extended family.To nothing else in my life will I ever be so resolutely and steadfastly committed." …. Louisvillian

Oh here's a good one, the religious (and non-religious) demographics of the US: State-by-state breakdown of religious backgrounds (shows them in a nice bar graph)

Nice to know my state is the least religious of them all! :deviltail

Also:
    People with no religion now account for 14% of the nation, up from 8% when The Graduate Center of the City University of New York, authors of the ARIS, conducted its first survey of religion in 1990. Today the range stretches from 3% with no religion in North Dakota to 25% in Washington state.
    Snippet from: Charting the unchurched in America

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

This is about a book in which there is a lawsuit against the Cathilic church for promoting the belief in Jesus whose existance is disputed.

It is really too big for me to look at it all, now but the links look VERY interesting.

http://www.luigicascioli.it/cascioli_inglese/

Sometimes I think "right-to-lifers" only value life if it agrees with them. A fetus can't talk, therefore... it can't offend you with its belief system or looks. It can't tell you it will never go to your church, believe in your god, or exist in your socio-economic class.

A potential child is adorable until it actually exists. Then it's just another object of your scorn. Another despicable product of a broken home, unwed mother, or family that's so large it can't take care of itself.
    EgwayneR

"I consider myself a Kentuckian first, and an American second. My ethnic background, religion, and politics are secondary to the fact that I am a Louisvillian and a Kentuckian. Kentucky is my country, and it shall always be my home, just as my friends will ever remain my extended family.To nothing else in my life will I ever be so resolutely and steadfastly committed." …. Louisvillian

Maybe a mod can do it.

EgwayneR