Thread: Easter Island

Easter Island

Didn't see any threads for Easter Island in here. There's a number of paranormal theories of the large statues there, so I thought it'd be fitting to start a thread. I know there are other thories from archaeology and anthropology, but I'm refering more toward the theories that involve aliens or that the island is the lost continent Lemuria.

Lemuria and Easter island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    About.com's Paranormal section: Easter Island

Any thoughts, comments?
    Last edited by Agaliha; May 28th, 2007 at 04:20 AM.

I have never heard of aliens doing it but have alwaysfound it fasanting. Off to check out your links.
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

Well there's various theories. Alien involvememt. A lost continent. Stuff like that, Lemuria for example. It's one of those places that people see as mysterious.

I dont know that I would believe the alien theory but I think it sounds like a great conversation piece.
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    Didn't see any threads for Easter Island in here. There's a number of paranormal theories of the large statues there, so I thought it'd be fitting to start a thread. I know there are other thories from archaeology and anthropology, but I'm refering more toward the theories that involve aliens or that the island is the lost continent Lemuria.

Lemuria and Easter island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    About.com's Paranormal section: Easter Island

Any thoughts, comments?

Evidence?

Golias
    It is not what it is--it is what it is not

The Easter Island people who were there originally disappeared and don't live there anymore. Their lives were basically shattered with the arrival of Europeans. There are many books and documentaries about them. There is also the weird mystery about why on earth these original islanders built these stones if it meant chopping down all of the trees. That doesn't make sense. Well I have a theory (an idea, correct me if I'm wrong) that they didn't build these large stone heads themselves. Someone or something else did it.
    Land of the lost forests
    Ghosts of the wolves
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]