Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you help me identify my crystals?

I think a picture might be useful in this case. Do you have a digital camera or a scanner that you can place the rock on?
    Yours, with gusto,
    Windi

Lol, nope.
    -RockHound-

Hmmm... can you give anymore description?
    Yours, with gusto,
    Windi

Not really, no.
    -RockHound-

So it's just a solid color with cracks? Is it somewhat clear on parts or do you see any sign of at least a vein?
    <a target="_blank" href="http://www.writing.com/authors/ororo_lebeau">My Writing</a>
    Avatar and Banner by the excellent WynnJera

This is my adopted smilie, aka: my alter ego. I bottled up my happy side. Bitterness suits me better.
    <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/ororo_lebeau/">My Live Journal</a>

"I march to the beat of a different flute" goosed by Tzehbee!
    Goosed by WynnJera but can't show my blinkie. It would be a sig violation. sorry.

"We are defined by the choices we make" Tyler "Fight Club"
    Witch Parking Only. All others toad.

Nope, not at all....it might not be a crystal at all....
    -RockHound-

Well, I've got my own mystery of sorts...I think it MIGHT be Truquoise...it has about the same texture, only it is a lot darker than the picture of Turquoise on one of those links. It's polished, and a very pretty blue. Is it just darker Turquoise...or something else?

Thanks so much for the awesome banner Faeawyn!

is offline This isn't the Sylvan you're looking for
    Wandering in the silence of the Inner Carapace...
    Sometimes, a stone that *looks* kinda like turquoise is actually dyed howlite. I'm not sure how you can tell...

"Meh...."
    ¤My LJ Blog¤

i have a stone

it came from my garden, there are a lot of this particular type of stone in there. i can't get a decent picture of it

Is the stone heavy or light? mediumweight
    Is it metallic? no? or more it doesn't seem to be. it is not magentic anyhoo
    What kind of texture does it have? (might be hard to answer with polished stones), crystalline, veryu brittle, comes apart in flat slivers, but very strong otherwise (like you can drop it and not take a pice off it)
    What color, or colors does it appear to be? black to a dark bluey grey when dusty
    Is there anything unusual about it? other than it comes apart the way it does and has a very minimal lustre to it, no
    Does it have any patterns? (lines, spots, ect.) no

Quote Originally Posted by MorrigansRaven
    Well, I've got my own mystery of sorts...I think it MIGHT be Truquoise...it has about the same texture, only it is a lot darker than the picture of Turquoise on one of those links. It's polished, and a very pretty blue. Is it just darker Turquoise...or something else?
    Turquoise uasually has flecks of pyrite or gold in it, and will change color depending on how often you wear it- the copper will oxidize, i guess- the legends about it say that it's depth of color signified it's wearer's health- darker is better. Howlite dosen't have any pyrite, and when dyed is very, very blue. it is also alot cheaper than turquoise.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast