Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you help me identify my crystals?

On you Banner ad the blue almost look's like that in the picture..little bit lighter
    Today is yesterday,Tomorrow is today.. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

WE ARE SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD.- Sting an the Police

Thank you thecharmedones.co.uk for the Banners

8 Years may have come to a end,but the Power of Three shall rise again....Sadly Missed,Thank you for the years..5-21-06 show ended.

Quote Originally Posted by wooleybob
    On you Banner ad the blue almost look's like that in the picture..little bit lighter
    prolly sapphire or iolite i suppose

Here is a link to my old thread it has some little pictures of stones to help identify you crystals

http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=23887

I'm hoping somebody here can help me! This is a pendant I found at a flea market a little while ago. I believe it's moss agate, but I can't be sure. It's pretty lightweight. The colours are pretty much what you see, different variations of green within the white. Some parts of the white are almost transluscent while most of it is actually opaque (that's a little hard to see in the photo).

Does anybody know for sure what this is?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra
    I'm hoping somebody here can help me! This is a pendant I found at a flea market a little while ago. I believe it's moss agate, but I can't be sure. It's pretty lightweight. The colours are pretty much what you see, different variations of green within the white. Some parts of the white are almost transluscent while most of it is actually opaque (that's a little hard to see in the photo).

Does anybody know for sure what this is?

Thanks!
    my take is either tree agate
    or ocean jasper. but mots likely TREE agate

Quote Originally Posted by CzechWoods
    my take is either tree agate
    or ocean jasper. but mots likely TREE agate
    I agree here. because i see mainly white and green. Ocean jasper would have more colors.
    usually ocean has at least four colors.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

ok sorry if im being a pain here but I have a few "mystery stones" (these are all tumbled)
    1)black and white blotches

rock 2)sorta a dull rust color and a lighter rust color not shiny at all

rock3)dull pale green not chiny at all little dark green dots here and there

rock4) Half and half dark brown and black

Quote Originally Posted by jebido
    ok sorry if im being a pain here but I have a few "mystery stones" (these are all tumbled)

it would help if you had a photo.

1) COULD be snowflake obsidian,zebra stone or something else.
    2)not sure
    3)COULD be green aventurtine
    4)this COULD be mahoghany obsidian

but without a picture i can not be positive
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by jebido

Just a guess, as without photos i could always be wrong....

1) dalmation jasper... if there is more balck than white it may be snowflake obsidian.
    2) sounds like a natural jasper.
    3) that one has me stumped. but sounds like a natural stone.
    4) may be hawks eye.

Have a look around the internet and find some pictures to help you identify them. That seems the easiest way.

Good luck
    Nikki
    Who is Pan and why is he in my life?

On a Quest for Knowledge!

Can anyone help identify this stone? One of the ladies at the bead store says she THINKS it is sugilite with mica inclusions. They don't label most of the stones they have in the store. I am not so sure, I have never seen sugilite with mica inclusions and have not been able to find any reference to it on the web. I have thought that it might be a dyed quartz with mica or perhaps purple quarzite, but I haven't been able to match it to anything I have found on the web

The stone is dark purple, has some black and has mica inclusions. It is somewhat translucent at the edges when held up to a very bright light.

It's important to me to find out what it is because I make pendants with them and part of it is that I give the astrological correspondence (if there is one) and the metaphysical properties. I would love to label it as more than "Pretty Purple Stone"

Thanks!
    Last edited by EponaCapaill; May 15th, 2005 at 12:15 PM.

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast