Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Summer solstice

Summer solstice

Okay, as you know, the summer solstice is coming up pretty quickly here. I was wondering what, if anything, other Christian witches/Christopagans/etc. are doing to celebrate.
    Myself, I have a small ritual i plan to do, including a poem i wrote comparing Christ to the sun at its height.

Hmm I don't have anything planned really, and I'm not sure what day its on. My calander doesn't say I've a thing for sunflowers and candels so I might just chill out with my hybridzed sunflower for a while and burn some hard core candles.

Viva la Seraphim!
    Christina Prince
    Member of F.E.A.T.H.E.R.S.
    Membership and hearts are always open!
    Check out the creative writing class!

Konnichi Wa to All:

It is Sunday Morning and I have finished my Summer Solstice Celebrations.

Those Celebrations Started Thursday Morning of the Solstice. I had bought about a Dozen Tubes of Eucalyptus Incense and when my Co-Workers showed up for Work, I gave them all Tubes of Incense, while wishing them all a Happy Summer Solstice.

I then informed them that after Work, I would be Driving Out to Agassi to the Joe Dec Creek to get some more Natural Spring Water that comes out of Black Mountain on the Lougheed Highway.

So we Worked Hard Mowing the whole day and got a lots of Work Finished.

At the end of Lunch Break, I rang my Past Employeer and wished her a Happy Summer Solstice. She wished me a Happy Summer Solstice back. I was Happy.

After Work, I drove out to Agassi and got to the Joe Dec Springs. It Catchbasin is still there, but the Hose Rig was taken away.

When I got there, I just parked for a while and sat there have a nice smoke of the Wicked Cannabis and enjoyed the Country.

When I finally decided it was time to get out of the Car and get the Water, I put away my Cannabis and stepped out of the Car.

What was when the Two RCMP Police Motorcycles Drove Up with All Lights Going.

I was Totally Surprised!

At first, I started thinking that I had somehow gotten into Trouble or something.

Then around the corner came the reason for the Police. There was some sort of Bicycle Race going along the Lougheed Highway or something. Around the corner came around 80 or so Bicycles!

Following them was a Long Entourage of Support Vehicles and Trucks. It was like watching a Parade, and this Parade lasted about 15 minutes or so.

So after getting about 10 Jugs of Water, I started making my way back.

At about 7:30pm, I finally arrived back in New West and I headed straight over to Byrne Creek. I had prepared my Camping Sheltering Equipment Bag the night before and had it in the back seat of my Car. I took my Equipment Bag down into Byrne Creek and found the nice Concealled Spot that was near my Favorite Spot on Byrne Creek. I found a Hole under some Tree Roots and put my Equipment Bag there and then Camoflaged it up.

I then went home and went to Bed.

So after Friday the 22nd of June, Days Work was Done, I then headed back down to the Creek to set up for my Camping and my Meetup. I arrived back at the Creek at about 6:00pm.

I had Scheduled a Gathering for my Vancouver Druid and Witches Meetup Group and I had 3 RSVPs.

First, I got down to the Creek with my Sleeping Bag and a few other things and set up my Tent got my Camp set up.

Then I got back up the 171 Step Staircase to meet with whoever comes to my Grove Blessing.

I got to Ron McLean Park when a Vancouver Witches Member Jana-San showed up. She is a Nice Shy Aboriginal Girl who is Fairly Pretty.

I then lit the Incense on my Meetup Portable Altar, but could not get the Tealight Candles going, as I had missplaced my Matches and Jana-San had not brought any.

So seeing as the Goddess does Forgive such things, I went on with my Blessing My New Grove.

First, I told Jana-San how I was Blessing this Creek as my New Druidistic Grove because I like having Three Sacred Groves to look after. The other two being my Favorite Spots in UBC's Pacific Rim Park, and my Favorite Spot at Harrison Lake.

I then took out my Streamkeeping Athame, which is a C. Jul. Herbertz Rostreet Lockblade ser#216211, and showed it to Jana-San, telling her how I had gotten it from a Silent Charity Auction at the Fireman's Social Club next to Metrotown. It was a Charity Auction for the benefit of Salmonoid Habitat Restoration Work. I then proclaimed before Jana-San that this Athame has Never Done Harm, and Never Will. I then proclaimed that this Athame will do nothing but Good for the Goal of Salmonid Habitat Restoration Work.

I told her that it had been Freely Donated to the Silent Auction with Good Intentions for the Knight right from the Beginning, and that it did not ever have any Bad Energies attached to it, so Cleansing and Purifying it is not Required. I then asked Jana-San to agree that it is a Good Athame and for her to give Blessings onto my Streamkeeping Athame. She Agreed that it was a Good Athame, and she Blessed it.

I then took out my Streamkeeping Staff. It is a Tree Branch that had blown down during last November's Storms and I found it last March while doing the First Fish Count of the Year. Its Bark pealled off with too much trouble and it Survived the Bash Against The Tree Test. I have used it as my Creek Walking Stick ever since.

I told Jana-San the Story of how I came to Find my Streamkeeping Staff, and I asked her that it is Clean and Purified it came to me Peacefully and Spontaneously. I then gave it to her to Examine and Bless. She took it, looked and felt it, and proclaimed it as being Good. She then put her Blessing on my Steamkeeping Staff.

By this time, it was 7:30pm, so I asked Jana-San if she would like to go for a Tour of the Creek. I then picked up my Portable Altar and my Book of Pictures and we headed down to the Creek using the Northern Trail that goes down from Ron McClean's Baseball Diamond. When we got to the part of the Trail where people have had Fires there before, we stopped and sat on a Log. I then showed Jana-San my Pictures of my 2006 Trip to Stonehenge, telling her all my Stories of my trip. She seemed Very Interested and I think I revealled to her a lot about Celtic Paganism that she had not known before.

By about 8:30pm, Jana-San then said that it was getting sort of late and she wished to go on her way. We then said "Merry Part" and I went back to my Camp.

Basically, I went down to the Creek, sacked out in my Tent as the Sun Set, and got into a Very Relaxed State while listening to the Creek Gurgle and the Birds Sing.

So I eventually went to Sleep and got up the Next Day at about 9:00am.

On Saturday Morning, I got up and started Burning Lavender Incense while I worked tearing out Invasive Species of Weeds from my Favorite Area of Byrne Creek. For the Three Hours that I was pulling out Weeds, I always made sure that a Stick of Lavender Incense was Burning.

I pulled out about 4 Big Piles of Japanese Knotweed, one of which I have taken a Picture of.

At about 1:00pm, I decided to pack up as I decided to avoid Rain that was being Reported for the Night, and go off to a Music Concert that I was Invited to for Saturday Night.

After packing up and making Three Trips up the Staircase of 171 Stairs getting all of my Equipment Up, I then did the Final Ritual of my Grove Blessing, and that was to take a 4 Litre Milk Jug full of Joe Dec Spring Water, and pouring it into the Creek, wishing for the Spirit of Joe Dec to Watch Over Byrne Creek as well as his own.

I then got Home, Cleaned Up, and then went out to my Legion for Meat Raffle. After Two Draws of the Meat Raffle, I then went on my way to the Music Concert, which was a Concert by Kickintheeye, which is the Band that I like. They used to live in the Building that I used to Manage and we have kept in touch.

They were playing in a Club on downtown's Broadway Street and I went down to hear them play a few New Songs that they have Written. One was something that I heard before, which is sort of a ode to the Canadian Folk Singer Stomp'n Tom Connors. It was at a Cafe Club called Zodiac and the owners are Celtic Pagan Tarot Card Readers, so I went with my Stonehenge Blessed Rider/Waite Deck.

When I got there, I wished all around a Good Summer Solstice, and then even got to do a Tarot Spread for their Tarotist.

Kickintheeye showed up and I listened to Two Good Sets of Music. It then got a bit late, so I went home.

So this years Summer Solstice Celebrations may not have been as Flamboyant as going to The Stonehenge, but I enjoyed it cause I was able to get my New Grove Blessed and Consecrated.

KNR

I celebrated wtih a few songs. I also added a few Christian songs in.

Just out of curiosity (and maybe for some inspiration), which songs, LadyCelt?

^^^ amazing grace, kumbaya my Lord

Ok, thanks!

Posted it elsewhere, but I celebrated by finding a lost little inlet on my kayak. I watched sea grass dance in the wind and said a few prayers. It was a lovely day, spent on quiet rivers with my thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by Piney Boy; June 30th, 2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Montani Semper
    Liberi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Konnichi Wa to All:

Shashin wa Genshi Shimashita!

I have Developed my Summer Solstice Piccies.

Here is my Portable Meetup Altar at Byrne Creek:

And here is my Concealed Tent in which I Slept Out in my Byrne Creek. I Slept there in order to Commune with Nature.

The Best Things about such Natural Surroundings is there is never any Lies, Cheating, or Stealing.

KNR

Thanks for the pictures, KiNoRonin. What's that sparkly bottle-shaped thing in the middle of the altar?
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast