Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Myths & Folklore: your areas of interest?

I´m quite interested in Asturian folkore (Las Xanas, El Nuberu, El Cuélebre, etc.) but there isn´t much information about that.

My interests lie mostly in the major areas, Egyptian, Greek. But I've definitly found a passion in Indian folklore and mythology.

But in reality, I want to study it all. I've been slowly buidling a database of images and info over the past few years. I've just started to try and tackle Tibetan Gods, Bodhisattvas and spirits. I'm moving into China and Japan. I once tried to look into middle eastern, but I found I became so confused because the cultures there are such a melting pot. Egypt stands out ofcourse.

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Quote Originally Posted by Toby Stimpson View Post
    My interests lie mostly in the major areas, Egyptian, Greek. But I've definitly found a passion in Indian folklore and mythology.

But in reality, I want to study it all. I've been slowly buidling a database of images and info over the past few years. I've just started to try and tackle Tibetan Gods, Bodhisattvas and spirits. I'm moving into China and Japan. I once tried to look into middle eastern, but I found I became so confused because the cultures there are such a melting pot. Egypt stands out ofcourse.
    That sounds quite cool that you're building a datebase, I remember that list of Hindu demons you sent me was quite cool, and that thread you made about Japanese Spirits in the Magical Creatures forum was cool too. If you have any info like that about Tibetan Gods, Bodhisattvas, spirits, supernatural beings, entities, etc, please post it, I'd definitely love to know more about them.

BTW, if you need some help, or anything, relating to Sumerian and/or Mesopotamian (some Mesopotamian Gods aren't the same as Sumerian Gods) Gods, supernatural beings, spirits, entities, etc, let me know, and I'll try and find out for you, I'm not that educated on them all (there's loads), but I'll try and find out (actually, I want to learn a lot more about them).

I've actually been interested in Egyptian, Greek, and Roman folklore as well as Arthurian legends.

Tossing in Native American folklore and legends, especially the Mi'kMaq nation.

Link to one of the best sites for learning about Glooscap, the creator of the Mi'kMaq nation: FirstNet Mi'kmaq Legends
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

Celtic

I am really into Celtic Mythology right now. My husband and I named our daughter for a Celtic Goddess. I have studied many different mythologies though such as Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Norse. My husband is half Native American so he has been telling me some of that mythology. I am willing to learn just about any mythology and folklore though. I love mythology and folklore because it takes me to a different time and place.
    There is solace in the unknown...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2